No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if we looked at Bennet as more of the 6th or 7th pick he should have been things would be different. He is being eternally punished because the Cavs are morons
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      if we looked at Bennet as more of the 6th or 7th pick he should have been things would be different. He is being eternally punished because the Cavs are morons
      Exactly. Where he was picked doesn't effect us at all, as we weren't the ones picking him. He's shown flashes at the Pan Ams, and still has his potential. I don't think Minnesota will give him up easily though, for the same reasons.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

if we looked at Bennet as more of the 6th or 7th pick he should have been things would be different. He is being eternally punished because the Cavs are morons
        I don't understand why people call him a bust, he's really not. He just got drafted by a poorly managed team and then got traded to a team full of young players so he never really got a shot. When he did get a chance he produced well, he's just inconsistent at times which a lot of young players struggle with. When he plays with confidence he's fun to watch, as we saw this past week.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Really?????

Zero chance MU is gonna give all that for Bennet.
          All that? I'd give up Ross and JJ for Bennett any day. Ross is expendable, we have Carroll and CoJo now. If Casey wants to play small and quick then Bennett is the perfect PF, he's athletic, mobile, and can step out and hit the three.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            I don't understand why people call him a bust, he's really not. He just got drafted by a poorly managed team and then got traded to a team full of young players so he never really got a shot. When he did get a chance he produced well, he's just inconsistent at times which a lot of young players struggle with. When he plays with confidence he's fun to watch, as we saw this past week.
            Yeah, it's way to early to write Bennett off. Injury de-railed his rookie year and when he did get healthy he was on a basement dweller that had Dion Waiters thinking he was the Alpha-Dog - not exactly a perfect storm for instant success. The guy is a physical beast who happens to also possess a complimentary offensive skill-set. Needs to be a bit more decisive and less careless with the ball, but he can fill the lane and catch an oop like some of the best, rebound and has the ability to one day be efficient from 3. Such an intriguing talent....

Comment

• TWolves may decline his option and make him an UFA. He's getting paid like a #1

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                TWolves may decline his option and make him an UFA. He's getting paid like a #1
                Exsctly.

He is due to make $7m in year 4 - they have to make that decision before the start of year 3.

Very possible they decline due to Dieng and now Towns.

I wouldn't give up assets for him and I wonder if he wasn't canadian would he be desired trade target.
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Jul 26, 2015, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Exsctly.

He is due to make $7m in year 4 - they have to make that decision before the start of year 3.

I wouldn't give up assets for him and I wonder if he wasn't canadian would he be desired trade target.

i doubt people would be defending his bust status as well. we can take it to the extreme and say kwame brown wasn't a bust just drafted 30+ spots to early

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Exsctly.

Long term assets, definitely not. Guys that are likely gone soon, I'm fine with it. JJ isn't likely be to back next year (if you were him, would you resign?) so moving him for a young tweener with potential is a good move in my books.

Doubt Minnesota accepts the deal tho, and he likely isn't worth the asking price. Minnesota isn't tied to him as a number 1 the way Cleveland was though. Might be willing to take less to get out of his contract (which is obviously #1 pick status) but I suspect that he would be available to the Raps as soon as he's a UFA.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i doubt people would be defending his bust status as well. we can take it to the extreme and say kwame brown wasn't a bust just drafted 30+ spots to early
                      Too early to start comparing him to Kwame.

Kwame has a full career worth of evidence to judge him on. Bennett has 2 years, the first was hampered by injury. Considering he was the top pick in what was expected to be a weak class and was more of a potential vs productivity pick, too early to say what Bennett will be. He will always fail when compared to other #1 picks, but that doesn't mean he can't be a productive player.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Too early to start comparing him to Kwame.

Kwame has a full career worth of evidence to judge him on. Bennett has 2 years, the first was hampered by injury. Considering he was the top pick in what was expected to be a weak class and was more of a potential vs productivity pick, too early to say what Bennett will be. He will always fail when compared to other #1 picks, but that doesn't mean he can't be a productive player.
                        not comparing him to kwame, pointing to him being canadian as the reason he is getting the "if drafted lower would not be considered a bust", and then taking it to the extreme. kwame played near 10 years in the league. they are completely different players. bennet for example,knows how to play basketball and isn't just massive. technically every bust taken first overall could get the "if drafted where he should have been" treatment, except candyman.

Comment

• Bennett is a PF, and if you trade a salary (ies) totaling $3.85 million per annum, you can make the trade. My question are you trading Scola (dont believe you can trade him before Dec.) plus a 900,000 salary slot , at least you are opening playing time for Bennett.
                          Just dont understand the logic of these supposed trades!

Are you trading Scola + TRoss +1st Round pick for Faried, or Patterson +1st round pick for Morris or are you praying for Al Horford for a sign and trade next year giving them PPat within our own conference.

Comment

• I don't normally go to the if drafted lower card. But even at the time of the draft this was seen as a reach by every single person covering the draft.

I'm not looking at him like he is #1 pick is all I'm saying. I don't have that expectation. My bar is set at lottery pick. Which means I would like to see him as a consistent starter by the time his first extension comes due.

I think he is capable... I do not think it is a sure thing
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I don't normally go to the if drafted lower card. But even at the time of the draft this was seen as a reach by every single person covering the draft.

I'm not looking at him like he is #1 pick is all I'm saying. I don't have that expectation. My bar is set at lottery pick. Which means I would like to see him as a consistent starter by the time his first extension comes due.

I think he is capable... I do not think it is a sure thing
                              so bargnani was the right pick? (just being a dick now )

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                so bargnani was the right pick? (just being a dick now )
                                that's an infraction

Comment

Working...
                                X