2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's my new fun ideas to be thrown into the possibilities for our team:

+Let Lowry groom our younger talent to become higher IQ players, particularly Wright + Powell.
    +Trade JV to LA for Nick Young + Future 1st rounder or 2x 2nd rounders
    +Trade DD + JJ + 2pat to Portland for McCollum + Vonleh + RHJ + 2x Future first round picks
    +Sign Monroe (Give him 12 mill)
    +Trade Nick Young + 2xFuture 2nd rounder or 1st Round Future to Hawks for Bazemore + Shroeder
    +Trade Mccollum (add picks if necessary) to Houston to absorb T. Jones contract + Pap
    +Trade Pap to Brooklyn to absorb Joe Johnson's contract + Future 1st round (2020 or beyond)
    +Sign Babbit for 2 mill (Highest % 3pt Shooting in 2014-15 ahead of Korver)
    +Sign Asik for cheap off bench (if he agrees)
    +Hire G.Payton for new HC

Lowry/Shroeder/Wright
    Ross/Bazemore/Powell
    RHJ/Babbit/Bruno
    Joe Johnson/T. Jones/Vonleh
    Monroe/Bebe + (Asik)

-If Joe Johnson doesn't fit we still have cap flexibility by letting his contract expire at the end of this year (His final year of contract)
    -RHJ becomes our all-purpose defender and eventually we'll teach him a jumper
    -We stockpile an extra 4x Future first rounds = still optimistic future draftees = still good long term investment
    -Use Jones as our alternative Center (if no Asik) or run monroe into the ground and play him all/most game
    -Lots of young talent with high potential = Shroeder/Baze/Vonleh
    -1-4 has a 3 pt shooter (not the best but average)
    -Also decent defender at each position
    Last edited by BS10; Fri Jun 26, 2015, 10:13 PM.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• you lost me when I saw Nick Young
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
        Here's my new fun ideas to be thrown into the possibilities for our team:

+Let Lowry groom our younger talent to become higher IQ players, particularly Wright + Powell.
        +Trade DD + JJ + 2pat to Portland for McCollum + Vonleh + RHJ + 2x Future first round picks
        +Trade Nick Young + 2xFuture 2nd rounder or 1st Round Future to Hawks for Bazemore + Shroeder
        +Trade Mccollum (add picks if necessary) to Houston to absorb T. Jones contract + Pap
        +Trade Pap to Brooklyn to absorb Joe Johnson's contract + Future 1st round (2020 or beyond)

Lowry/Shroeder/Wright
        Ross/Bazemore/Powell
        RHJ/Babbit/Bruno
        Monroe/Bebe + (Asik)

-If Joe Johnson doesn't fit we still have cap flexibility by letting his contract expire at the end of this year (His final year of contract)
        -We stockpile an extra 4x Future first rounds = still optimistic future draftees = still good long term investment
        -Use Jones as our alternative Center (if no Asik) or run monroe into the ground and play him all/most game
        too simple - need the expanded version to get the full picture

Comment

• also, wouldnt it be easier to use a flow chart

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Memphis and the Bulls
            And those two teams lost in the playoffs to who?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              you lost me when I saw Nick Young
              There's so much wrong with it. But this is enough on its own.

Comment

Here's my new fun ideas to be thrown into the possibilities for our team:

Lowry/Shroeder/Wright
                Ross/Bazemore/Powell
                RHJ/Babbit/Bruno
                Monroe/Bebe + (Asik)

Is this a proposal for the real Toronto Raptors or for your offseason in NBA 2k15 MyGM?

Comment

• How about offer Demarre Caroll close to max, try to put together a package for Gorgui Dieng (around 2nd round picks)? I have no clue about starting PF ( start 2PAt and maybe go cheap w/ Ed Davis 4 the bench?). Most importantly, if it fails use TNT.

Comment

• I dream big, fellas, don't hate
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Some of these suggested trades and signings...man oh man.

I'd go with Harris just for the jokes.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                        Some of these suggested trades and signings...man oh man.

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Mitch Kupchak, you better get off our forum and get back to babysitting Kobe.

Comment

• Wait a second. (Apologies to bring this up so late, I basically haven't been around a TV or computer in 48 hours). But MU got a 1st and a 2nd for Vasquez? On a $6M salary? Are you kidding me!?

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              I don't get the Harris hype.

We've got money lets spend it and go for the best players in free agency. Worst case u settle for a guy like Harris but what's the harm in going balls out for a top tier player?

Who cares if you miss out, Milwaukee is going after Deandre Jordan for crying out loud. You gonna tell me we shouldn't too? Offer max to anyone that will listen and offer it even to those that won't lets go after top talent, since we're obviously not blowing this thing up.

I'd rather miss out on guys but try instead of missing out on guys because we stood on the sidelines. Come on Masai let's go Morey styles!
                              Yes, I'm going to tell you we shouldn't go after DeAndre Jordan.

If you think DeAndre Jordan is the missing piece I'm not sure what to tell you. The guy has no offense and his defense is overrated. Paying $20mm a year for rebounding is just a bad decision.

As for going after the best players in free agency, once you make one offer you have to wait on a decision. I don't disagree with the philosophy, but you also have to pitch players who have a reasonable amount of interest, or else by the time you are rejected you will have missed out on actually attainable targets.

Comment

• With the drafting of Winslow in Miami and as they possibly look to rebuild with the probable departure of Wade, could we sign Deng?

Comment

Working...
                                X