Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel a Lowry/Lawson swap coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really hard to pass the ball a lot to a guy who nearly spent 50% of each game sitting on the bench.

#JustSaying
    #PutMeInCoach

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
      Also ignores the fact that they were explicitly told not to pass to the guy (JV) if he wasn't in good post position.

This is also ignoring that Lowry really WAS getting JV involved (moreso than any other player on our team) during our early season run. Them not going to him wasn't just due to the players; they were told not to.
      Even though they would wait for him to get pushed out of good position before giving him the ball.

Anyway, Lowry for Lawson really wouldn't do too much to move the needle. And even if Lawson's game is more pass-oriented, who knows if he catches ISO-itis from his teammates and coaching staff during his time here. Vasquez was supposedly a pass-first guard when the team acquired him.
      OG is our king

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I have thrown this out before:

Sacramento: Lawson
        Denver: DeRozan, collison
        Toronto: chandler, #6
        then trade Lowry in some deal for more draft picks. Sounds good to me.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I don't see how trading lowry is a necessity to getting val involved, he may be score first but his "chucking" doesn't compare to our backup point, starting 2, 6th man and starting 3. Jeff teague is score first through and through but horford and millsap are happy as clams. Share the ball, look for best avail. Anyone trying to pin this on klow can't see the forest through the trees.
          we need a Budenholzer. Barring that, i say hit the reset button and trade lowry all the same.

Comment

I don't see why nuggets would do this.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

nah. that's a sideways move. really improve or keep him

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                Because he is not Jeff Teague. Look at his past and you can see this is not his style of the play. He is not a pass first point guard. He is not a pick n roll PG.

You guys want to try another season and hope this works, go a head.
                Did you even read my post? Teague is not pass first either.

Try another season and hope "this" works? Hope what works? Lowry? Because he's the biggest reason for our success. If you want to look at what hurt us, how about dwane casey and everything he represents, terrence "flake" ross, having 1 center, having a completely immobile starting 4...

You guys crack me up. You want to improve by getting rid of our best player.
                No, what you do is get rid of our dead weight and hope to soon turn lowry and derozan into our 2nd and 3rd best players
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I really like the deal ... and have discussed it recently. Straight swap, I think we're losing a bit of value - but if there's a pick involved, or moving other parts (Wilson Chandler - Greivis ... as an example), i'm interested.

Yes people seemed to sour really fast on Lowry ... I just happen to believe it has some merit. Attitude issues arising with Kyle, REALLY seemed to mail it in during game 4 ... Body (injuries/weight) a long term concern. I don't want to hear how he had to pull a heavier load when Demar went down; that's what NBA stars do, sometimes for seasons at a time.
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                    I really like the deal ... and have discussed it recently. Straight swap, I think we're losing a bit of value - but if there's a pick involved, or moving other parts (Wilson Chandler - Greivis ... as an example), i'm interested.

Yes people seemed to sour really fast on Lowry ... I just happen to believe it has some merit. Attitude issues arising with Kyle, REALLY seemed to mail it in during game 4 ... Body (injuries/weight) a long term concern. I don't want to hear how he had to pull a heavier load when Demar went down; that's what NBA stars do, sometimes for seasons at a time.
                    But he's not an NBA star at all. Kyle is an above average PG who needed to play like a Star just for this team to win games
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Also why would Denver want to even swap Lowry for Lawson?

If they're trading Lawson, they're probably tanking so they would want young players and picks

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Also why would Denver want to even swap Lowry for Lawson?

If they're trading Lawson, they're probably tanking so they would want young players and picks
                        Yeah, teams that'd want Lowry are teams that might be desperate to make some kind of move. Sacto, Lakers, Dallas...I don't know who else, but those teams seem like obvious possibilities.

I agree that if Denver is trading Lawson, they're probably trying to blow it up and tank. Don't see the motivation from their perspective. Incompetence? I guess?

Comment

Another thing people haven't mentioned, aren't we really rooting for both Denver and NYK to suck this year? That pick is extremely important. Masai trades them a better point guard, shakes up their roster, all of a sudden they could be .500 and we totally waste an opportunity at a top 5 pick in 2016.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lxrj6jz

Valanciunas/Nurkic/Nogueira
                            Faried/Johnson/Hansbrough
                            Gallinari/Johnson/Caboclo
                            ?????/Williams/Harris
                            Lawson/Nelson/?????

But I'd rather keep DeMar so http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p8z3vl4

Valanciunas/Johnson/Nogueira
                            Faried/Hansbrough/
                            DeRozan/Williams
                            Lawson/Vasquez

or trade Nelson and Vasquez I'm too tired for this

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lxrj6jz

Valanciunas/Nurkic/Nogueira
                              Faried/Johnson/Hansbrough
                              ?????/Williams/Harris
                              Lawson/Nelson/?????

But I'd rather keep DeMar so http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p8z3vl4

Valanciunas/Johnson/Nogueira
                              Faried/Hansbrough/
                              DeRozan/Williams
                              Lawson/Vasquez

or trade Nelson and Vasquez I'm too tired for this
                              Might as well swap the rest of the team and call us the Toronto Nuggets

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X