Bill Simmons and ESPN to Part Ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guyroch wrote: View Post
    Bill Simmons over and under for NBA season is Here !
    http://thebillsimmonspodcast.tumblr....with-joe-house
    http://thebillsimmonspodcast.tumblr....with-joe-house

Comment

LOL "Congratulations to Kyle Lowry for losing weight and getting in shape, and doing the only job he has to be paid $30M."

Comment

ESPN said Friday that it is "suspending the publication of Grantland," one of its most ambitious Internet ventures, effective immediately.

Michael Baumann ‎@MJ_Baumann

Well that's the first time I've ever found out I was laid off via Twitter

Comment

ESPN said Friday that it is "suspending the publication of Grantland," one of its most ambitious Internet ventures, effective immediately.

Who kills a internet media publication effective immediately. I know sites that haven't been updated in years

Comment

Isn't Grantland massively profitable?

What the hell is going on?

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Isn't Grantland massively profitable?

What the hell is going on?
              Sounds like a lawsuit is coming. Don't need new content to collect on banner ads

Comment

Well shit. That's going to seriously cut into my schedule at work...

Comment

Ouch, I liked Grantland. ESPN is saying it died when Simmons left tho. There might be truth to that.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

But what happens to Zach Lowe ? Lots of good writers on that side. They weren't exactly radicals but it will be a shame if they are homogenized into the ESPN website

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      But what happens to Zach Lowe ? Lots of good writers on that side. They weren't exactly radicals but it will be a shame if they are homogenized into the ESPN website
                      they are probably still on contract so they are obligated by that to stay on til the end of their contract. Thats what news articles are saying.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        they are probably still on contract so they are obligated by that to stay on til the end of their contract. Thats what news articles are saying.
                        Hopefully Lowe and co leave for greener pastures, possibly join Simmons at HBO when their contracts are up?

Comment

Had a feeling this was coming. Zach Lowe was writing some of his annual Simmons/Lowe columns by himself (no effort to replace Bill or rethink the format - just do the same thing but with only one of two guys there), Jalen and Jacoby weren't doing any graphics work on their podacsts at all, etc. Seemed like they were just putting in the 9 to 5 and waiting for the axe to drop. (How it went down today: http://deadspin.com/how-grantland-died-1739682579)

Grantland was a nice place where you actually had a bunch of writers who cared about sports and writing well.

I bet Bill tries to reassemble at least some of the gang somewhere.
                          Last edited by S.R.; Fri Oct 30, 2015, 11:26 PM.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

So I guess Jalen and Jacoby will have their own podcast? They have the radio show now, so I guess espn will just post that. I like Bill's new casts, he needs to build a new Grantland.

Comment

Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons: Ben Affleck on Deflategate (HBO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhEqsNYLaSM

Holly Cow .... Was Ben Affleck Drunk ??

Comment

Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons: Ben Affleck on Deflategate (HBO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhEqsNYLaSM

Holly Cow .... Was Ben Affleck Drunk ??
                                Yes he was. But he was on hbo cussin n shit, and hes batman and shit..so not a single fuck will be given
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X