J-Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-Day

Simple question. Will Jay get axed this off-season? Yes or no, and why?
    Yes
    35.29%
    No
    58.82%
    Undecided
    5.88%

The poll is expired.

That's tricky ... I voted YES because I want to see Jay axed this off-season, even though I believe BC may not fire him, eventually keep him so BC can axe him once the 2010/11 season starts awfully again. I never liked the idea of Triano Jay as a head coach. I said this since day ONE of Jay as HEAD coach. The reason is very simple: Jay is very knowledgeable when comes to coaching basketball, unfortunately his personality will never get the best out of his players. Jay is best suited for assistant coach where he doesn't have to deal directly with the psychology of the NBA players, to keep them permanently motivated. It was the head coach responsibility to stop the melt down that started right after All Star Game break and he failed miserably and this was exactly the fear that I had from day one. The team proved that if they WANT, they can play relatively well as they did for o good streak, starting December and up to All Star break. Players/BC had their share of blame for this mediocre season, but Jay as HEAD coach is the biggest factor on this melt down.

Comment

Doug Smith's thoughts

I don’t think so – the vibe I’m getting doesn’t suggest there’s any move afoot to replace Jay if they don’t get in – but it’s something that’ll be in discussion and, if it happens, that’s whole other layer of work.
      Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog

Comment

Two words: Sam Mitchell or one made-up word: Smitch ; therefore Jay cannot be the scapegoat

The scapegoat is surely Apollo :P or should i say hedo turkuglu. *dum dum dum*

Comment

Fifty mill in the bank and I aint looking back? We be clubbin'!
          Pizza Pizza and Jack? We be clubbin'!
          Callin' in sick? We be clubbin'!
          Wanna end this season quick? We be clubbin'!

Comment

Don't we still Sam on the books for yet another year? If so, then we certainly aren't going to fire Jay and paying 3 coaches salaries.

Comment

totally agree with insight and doug smith. For sure everybody else except BC, Bargs and Jose want Jay replaced. I thought he was revving up for a blastin when he cracked that clipboard on his knee but i guess that display really cooled him down coz the refs, players and media were bitch-slappin the raps and all he could say was "i think they played hard tonight, the effort was there". As long as BC is there, Jay will not be replaced. BC is the puppet master and Jay is the puppet.

I think change should start at the top, and thats with BC.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                I think change should start at the top, and thats with BC.

Which won't happen this summer. Considering they MLSE picked up BC's option year, they'll give him an opportunity to try and fix this mess this summer. If nothing happens next season and things become ever more dire, then come 2011 I think we can all say goodbye to Bryan.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Don't we still Sam on the books for yet another year? If so, then we certainly aren't going to fire Jay and paying 3 coaches salaries.
                  When they signed Sam they had Lenny and Kev on the books so this is not a new concept.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Exactly This.

But the only way he may be canned is if BC is let go and the new guy wants his own coach.

Comment

you can say all the shit you want, but jay isn't going to get fired he's done a good job and his players have failed him.

even when we were on fire turkoglu wasn't hitting his shots and playing like he should other guys stepped up, but they couldn't keep it up all season and they wen't cold and with bosh gone, turkoglu not producing, and the majority of the remaining players goin cold this team could no longer play at the level thye should normally be playing at.

in charlotte stephen jackson led that team and was juist rippin it then when he would go cold gerald wallace would pick up the slack and with someone always making there shots and stuff charlotte had a leader and the others followed.

that was what was suppose to happen with bosh and turkoglu except turkoglu played like a bum and bosh did the best he could for a while to carry this team and the others followed bosh went down, turkoglu didn't step up and there was no leader. which devoloped into this season.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If we don't succeed next year .... we either find someone who is better then BC or else we keep him because he has a huge Rolodex

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          you can say all the shit you want, but jay isn't going to get fired he's done a good job and his players have failed him.

even when we were on fire turkoglu wasn't hitting his shots and playing like he should other guys stepped up, but they couldn't keep it up all season and they wen't cold and with bosh gone, turkoglu not producing, and the majority of the remaining players goin cold this team could no longer play at the level thye should normally be playing at.

in charlotte stephen jackson led that team and was juist rippin it then when he would go cold gerald wallace would pick up the slack and with someone always making there shots and stuff charlotte had a leader and the others followed.

that was what was suppose to happen with bosh and turkoglu except turkoglu played like a bum and bosh did the best he could for a while to carry this team and the others followed bosh went down, turkoglu didn't step up and there was no leader. which devoloped into this season.
                          turk hasn't been producing like before because his role has changed and the personnel around him has changed. ive said it upwards of 50 times now. i like calderon and bargs as people but they cannot play off turks drive and kicks like lewis, nelson, and pietrus could. ITS A FACT. If you want to get the most out of this player then acquire personnel that meshes with his game. Turk has been misused since the beginning. hes tired of bitching about it, im tired of bitching about it. What?!

Jay is an average coach, this is an average team. Enough said. This teams baseline rotations and defense of pick and rolls is so pathetic. Its amazing they have 39 wins.
                          Last edited by Raffy15; Wed Apr 14, 2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Not sure if he will be fired or not. I want his ass canned. But seeing as in all likelihood next season is probably gonna be somewhat of a "rebuilding" season, why not keep him around and let him develop as a head coach.

...Or maybe not. Maybe what this team needs is a fresh start, clean slate, new outlook from management. I mean the core group of managers has been around for a bunch of seasons now with no success (JT, AE etc.). Get rid of EVERYONE and start anew.

JVG anyone?

Comment

everyone forgets about Iavaroni. The guys was responsible for the defence - he was the defensive strategist that somehow managed to implement the absolute worst defence i have ever seen.

Triano may have had his problems, but the whole things was unsound since the beginning.

I would personally like to see some experienced coaches, but Triano will get the benefit of the doubt for another season. I really would prefer having Triano around if only so that Iavaroni doesn't become the head coach - I really think he is quite terrible.

If Triano goes, i hope Iavaroni goes too. Down with Triavaroni.

Comment

Working...
                              X