New Face, New Franchise, New Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Face, New Franchise, New Season

Time to do a big time facelift for this franchise. Let's start with the FA first

1) Amir Johnson - He joined this team in 2009 and has been the heart of a player for this team. However, six years down the road, his body ain't like what he used to be and he is a FA this summer. I say, let him walk or use him as a sign and trade when July comes around. (NOT KEEP)

2) Lou Will - He had a fantastic year with us and he proved to the league that he can bounce back from an ACL injury and win the 6th man of the year. Lou Will is a great player and a great person in and out of the locker room and has shown time after time that he can start at the SG spot when DeRozan was injured; however players like Lou Will can be replaceable so I don't think we need to use the portion of $ to resign him. (NOT KEEP)

3) Tyler Hansborough - Everyone likes to play with this guy, he hustles, plays with energy/emotion and he played well for us in the last few games of the season. I say if we can acquire him for 2yrs 8mil, then sign this guy up or else let him walk. (KEEP)

4) Landry Fields - He was hyped to be a game changer when he arrived at TO in his first season; although expectations were high but due to injuries and many other issues, he just doesn't fit into our system. (NOT KEEP)

5) Chuck Hayes - As much as I like about this guy, he serves as the team's Dai Lo (exactly, Dai Lo in Chinese term means big brother), he is the oldest player on this team and provided much entertainment and guidance for the young Raptors. However he's rendered useless during season and the playoff (NOT KEEP)

6) Greg Steisma - He played well for the Cavs as a backup C but he wasn't use correctly by Coach Casey and really hindered Bebe's growth. (NOT KEEP)

So there you go, out of 6 players, let's just resign Hansborough and have everyone walk.

Now Onto Contract Players

1) Kyle Lowry - He played well for us last season and early on the season but quickly became the Lowry we know when Rudy Gay was around, he lacked tenacity and battling with an injury. I think he's the perfect trade bait when July comes around or give him another try until he proves his back 100% and trade him when December deadline comes around. (NOT KEEP)

2) Demar DeRozan - Some say he is our savior, our franchise player; however I say his only 2nd or 3rd option on a playoff contender team. DeMar has come a long way since being drafted by the Raptors; however his not VC, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, top 1 tier player and is easily replaceable when looking at this year's draft. I say use him as a trade bait to move up and acquire one of D'Angelo Russell, Justise Winslow or Stanley Johnson. However knowing Masai and Coach Casey, I see DeMar back with the Raptors when the new season starts. (KEEP)

3) Terrence Ross - I wonder what's 8th pick in a semi-good draft year ended up on our roster. Ross is not the player of his former self when he played with the Clippers and dropping 50+ ppts, maybe never with the Raptors will we see Ross being that go to scorer. He lost his touches and completely bambozzled when playoff comes around. He played with no heart, no motor, no energy and it's really frustrating to see him play from time to time. It's time to kick the bucket and find a new home for Ross. (NOT KEEP)

4) Patrick Patterson - This guy is basically the new Landry Fields, after getting a three year contract extension, his game diminished. His at best the 3rd or 4th option on a playoff contender team and I hate to see him start for this team when November roams along. I say we package him and ship him out while his value is still high. (NOT KEEP)

5) Jonas Valanciunas - There is still much development and learning for Big V; however as long as Coach Casey is around, I don't see him being utilized to the max. It's either Casey is gone (most unlikely) or we need to find another home for Big V, sad to see him go. He could be the best Center that the Raptors ever had in franchise history. (KEEP)

6) Grevais Vazquez - His no Jose Calderon and will not replace Kyle Lowry for the starting PG spot. His a great backup PG in a SG body. He loves to shoot but sometimes it's very frustrating to see him play. I say package him and ship him out while his value is still high. (NOT KEEP)

7) James Johnson - There were some games where Johnson played like an allstar and some games he just disappeared. I say he is still a tough player and we should keep him for one more year until his contract expires. He could be the veteran leader for the 2nd year Bruno. (KEEP)

8) Bruno Caboclo - After the infamous 2 years from being 2 years away by Fran Frauschilla, I think this guy really live up to the statement at least in his rookie year. During Las Vegas Games and Preseason games, I was so eager to see this guy play but Coach Casey won't even let this guy play in the regular season let alone his poor performance in the D-League. Let's wait until his sophomore year to evaluate whether his a bust or a diamond in the rough. (KEEP)

9) Bebe - If it weren't for Greg Steisma, he could've had a significant season. Give him one more year (KEEP)

10) DeAndre Daniels - He played well for a European team, a trade bait. (KEEP OR NOT KEEP)

Alright, after all the evaluation, I personally everyone can be traded. So let's take a look at some of our options.

1) Option 1: Getting one of Tobias Harris / DeMarre Carroll / Khris Middleton / Draymond Green "Trade Option"
    a) All the above FA can be acquired through signing or signing and trade

2) Option 2: Go big or Go Home with LMA or Tristan Thompson or Greg Monroe "Trade Option"
    a) All the above FA can be acquired through singing and trade, although among them, they may ask for a lot in return.

3) Option 3: No Change, Repeat the season and wait until 2016 "Trade Option"
    a) Resign most of the players and repeat from last year and see what happens when 2016 when the Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Carmello Anthony are testing the market for sign and trade.
Working...
X