The Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Write a post with your insights on which talents could be traded and which team will look to move up instead of attempting to win an argument no one is having but you.
    You want an insight, I have given it to you at the beginning but you refuse to accept it.

Given the other teams in the league, given the talents and the chips we have to trade, given the talent that is in this draft, it is more LOGICAL and realistic that we can get our hands on picks between 5-10. Simple as that.

Now, you want to write pages and pages, post after post, how we have #4 pick in the bag, be my guest. I will still offer you the bet and tell you that you are dreaming.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
      You want an insight, I have given it to you at the beginning but you refuse to accept it.

Given the other teams in the league, given the talents and the chips we have to trade, given the talent that is in this draft, it is more LOGICAL and realistic that we can get our hands on picks between 5-10. Simple as that.

Now, you want to write pages and pages, post after post, how we have #4 pick in the bag, be my guest. I will still offer you the bet and tell you that you are dreaming.
      Good night jamshid.

Comment

You're criticizing people and basically insulting them for suggesting the #4 pick is gettable if Masai is willing to trade one of his all-stars (and possibly more). But no, we're all dreaming. Crazy, stupid, unrealistic dreamers...only 5-10 might be attainable (nevermind all the people pitching ideas for #4 would probably be pretty happy with any pick in the high-mid lottery). Going one pick higher than that clearly makes no sense. It's the only possible spectrum that's realistic....

Despite the fact that all the factors in terms of trade chips, team goals in general, team targets specifically for the draft, etc....make any attempt at prediction purely an exercise in fantasy...and anyone who says different is pretty fucking far from being realistic....

**EDIT: also I don't think anyone even came close to saying we have any pick in the bag.

Comment

Somethinng tells me mcrealistic isn't a fan of mchappy. Why the mcbeef over something so mctrivial?
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

When I heard the Knicks dropped 2 spots...

There is still high hopes for the pick at 2016 to be at the top 10, I don't see Denver bouncing back next season given their situation they will probably be quite bad. The Knicks however could still throw some big money around at free agents and be competitive enough to make it to the playoffs next season so every little thing that hurts the Knicks now, makes me soo happy.

Comment

The Knicks and Lakers are actually both viable trade partners because both franchises are forever in win-now mode; they sell picks like nobody's business. Always have. The Lakers have only kept three of their first-rounders in the past decade; the Knicks have kept seven, but used almost all of them as trade fodder (and most in the Carmelo trade).

Everybody here is talking Kyle to New York, but the truth is that DeMar is the sort of playmaking SG that the triangle needs and Lowry's playstyle doesn't work especially well with the triangle; I suspect Phil Jackson would be very interested in DeMar. DeMar, the #20 and perhaps an additional asset for Jose Calderon and the #4 is honestly within the realm of reason - the Knicks turn Calderon's contract into something they perceive as extremely useful to their game plan.

Comment

Okafor will look good in a Lakers jersey. Shoe dollars in LA and endorsements in general will be bigger than in Minnesota.

Comment

You need to chill dude. It's fucking May. What else are Raps fans supposed to talk about in May?

4 is impossible so don't bother coming up with trade scenarios but 5 is "logical and realistic"? - again, fucking MAY.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

With so many teams looking to get better it really could be a buyers market on those 4-9 lotto picks.

I would love to be Masai right now....I am sure many glad I am not - lol.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      With so many teams looking to get better it really could be a buyers market on those 4-9 lotto picks.

I would love to be Masai right now....I am sure many glad I am not - lol.
                      Fact that NY and LA are both in the high lotto, and neither will own their picks next year alone makes for an interesting trade market.

Throw in Sacramento and their log-jams in the back-court and glaring weakness at PF (and the desire to placate a temperamental star); teams like Miami and OKC who could be looking to cash in for immediate help; and then teams like Detroit, Charlotte, Utah, Suns or Indiana - all of whom could be (at least in their own minds) "1 move away" from playoffs.

This could be really interesting.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Fact that NY and LA are both in the high lotto, and neither will own their picks next year alone makes for an interesting trade market.

Throw in Sacramento and their log-jams in the back-court and glaring weakness at PF (and the desire to placate a temperamental star); teams like Miami and OKC who could be looking to cash in for immediate help; and then teams like Detroit, Charlotte, Utah, Suns or Indiana - all of whom could be (at least in their own minds) "1 move away" from playoffs.

This could be really interesting.
                        Wouldn't it be poetic justice that in Casey's lame duck year as head coach Masai stocks the roster with rookie scale contracts with little to no VETS?

That would be epic

Comment

Does anyone put the Raptors in the "need to win now" category, along with Knicks and Lakers? I mean we don't have the mega star in their prime/end of prime that we need to please, but don't we need to capitalize on the last two winning seasons by building on those win totals? MU is in his third year and needs to show progress in his plan to win a ring. Moving DD or KL, for a lottery pick seems like a step back.

I'm guessing when GM's go in for job interviews thier whole pitch to their bosses is how to win a championship in the given years of their contract or at least on how to get to that contendership level. Isn't it too late for MU to go back on that plan now?

Comment

want to make a bet here DanH that we will not get a #4 pick ?? If you win, I will not post here till Dec and if I do, you do not post till Dec
                            dude just stop posting here in general. easily one of the more annoying posters here in a while.

Comment

With Isiah Thomas back on the Knicks.. who's calling the shots there? Phil or Zeke? If Phil then there is no way he'd want someone like Lowry. However if it was Zeke.. totally can see it happening.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                With Isiah Thomas back on the Knicks.. who's calling the shots there? Phil or Zeke? If Phil then there is no way he'd want someone like Lowry. However if it was Zeke.. totally can see it happening.
                                Thomas is on the WNBA side, nothing to do with the knicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X