X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    There is no trap

And regardless, that isn't what he was talking about
    I'm talking about the trap where a guy steps up big only because he is in a contract year only to coast when he's got guaranteed money coming in.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Moving DeMar isn't a tanking move. Even moving DeMar and Lowry doesn't necessarily mean tanking. One step back for two steps forward maybe.
      I don't think trading Derozan is a 'rebuilding' move but I do think trading Lowry is.

If they could get a lottery pick for Derozan, I would prefer that route to team building. Demar is who he is as a basketball player and I want to see what Masai can do with a lottery pick.

I have been saying for awhile now that I will eventually judge Masai's tenure based on the talent he can bring in opposed to the talent he inherited. So far, he has relied on the talent he inherited as the GM.

I think the best way for the Raps to try to acquire a star (potential or current) is via the draft. Mudiay and S.Johnson are 2 players I think have much higher ceilings than Derozan and given the same playing opportunity could end up improving the overall talent on the roster and advance the team beyond it's current accomplishments (or lack thereof).

Trading Lowry is more of a complete rebuild move, imo. He is still the best player on the team and I'm not sure what his trade value is like right now with the recent back troubles, his struggle in the playoffs, and the fact he's just year 1 into a new long term deal.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        interesting that while assistant coaches have been fired no one's been hired. yet.

CEEZ' GUESS ABOUT THE FUTURE:

Masai is waiting to see who's available, make a move, if move doesn't work out then Nick Nurse is your HC for the 2015 season. It has been fortold.
        Think he waits until after the draft?

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          The front office in Chicago has got to be the most mean spirited I've seen in a long time.

I'd be absolutely thrilled if they were only saying they were keeping Casey until Chicago officially released Thibs. I wanted Thibs even more after I read a Grantland article that also highlighted how great of a fit he'd be for Toronto.
          Why can't MU reconsider bringing back DC and get Thibs?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Why can't MU reconsider bringing back DC and get Thibs?
            Or JVG, he's been interviewed by the NOP apparantly

Comment

• If I am thibs I am taking a two year 9 mil paid vacation, knowing I will get any job I want when I come back.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                If I am thibs I am taking a two year 9 mil paid vacation, knowing I will get any job I want when I come back.
                From what I've read Thibs basically lives in his office at the gym. I don't think he knows what the word vacation means - paid or otherwise.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Think he waits until after the draft?
                  no
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                    From what I've read Thibs basically lives in his office at the gym. I don't think he knows what the word vacation means - paid or otherwise.
                    poor guy

Comment

When the Bulls re-did the coaches office for them he had them install a shower due to his exceptionally long hours that he puts in. He does live in his office.
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

From what I've read from quite a few sources, this is not an exaggeration but in fact, seems very likely. It was one of the things that really sold me on the guy actually being a really great coach. Some team is going to pick him up. I just hope its us.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          If I am thibs I am taking a two year 9 mil paid vacation, knowing I will get any job I want when I come back.
                          I'd be shocked if Thibs doesn't become the new Pelicans head coach. Defensive mastermind with Anthony Davis at center, perfect combination. There is a lot of chatter that Orlando wants Thibs too, so the guy can basically go wherever he wants.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            Have you seen the part where he can't run? Or jump? Or defend on the perimeter?

Read Zach Lowes piece from yesterday about how traditional post players are fading out of existence in the modern NBA.

I love JV as much as the next guy, he has some great skills and elite numbers. But he also has some devastating numbers. Like of JV is such a great rim defender why is the team worse one defence when he's on the floor? Maybe rim protection in the modern NBA isn't a good reflection on how good a defence is?
                            Perhaps the team being worse at defense when he is on the court takes into account the players he is on tue court with.

Good wing defenders would skyrocket jvs personal defemsive ratings.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              Oh stop.
                              Not one young man on the planet who is skinny and undeveloped ever "slowed down" when they got fit and put on some muscle density. What a crock. Its painful to read stuff like this. If anything the added physical size and strength would make him faster.

If JV put on 50 lbs of fat, or became muscle bound to the point of losing muscular flexibility then there is an issue. But saying he has put on weight, and it is slowing him down is preposterous if all he has done is added some MUCH NEEDED muscle mass.

You guys man..... honestly.
                              Myscle mass can sliw a person down. It is physucs, if the power gained does not exceed the needed power to kove the extra mass then one definately slows down.

There is a ratio there.

Also, more muscles require more air to run them, resulting in quicker fatigue.

Comment

• Only one point about JV, I'm not convinced that the weight he's put on is all muscle. When he's side by side with Gortat, Gortat looks way more toned.

Can post the photo but here's a link to one

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...hoto/475609109

Gortat just looks more muscle-y IMO. I agree JV needs strength and muscle, not sure he needs more volume.
                                Last edited by ezz_bee; Fri May 29, 2015, 10:15 AM.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X