Clear All

• Trade proposal to Kings and free agency plans

The raptors trade:
    T Ross, JV, and this year's first rounder for: Demarcus Cousins
    Resign Amir Johnson to 5 million per year to come off the bench
    Sign Tristan Thompson to 8 Million a year to start
    Sign Khris Middleton to 8 Million a year to fill in for T Ross
    Resign Lou Williams to 9 Million a year to come off the bench

The key here is it will attract free agents to the team once DMC comes over here and the rest will follow. Also, we will likely have a high first rounder next season due to the Knicks most likely not being able to make the playoffs again.

Starting lineup: Lowry, Derozan, Cousins, Thompson, Middleton
    Bench:Lou, Greivis, Patterson, Amir, Hansbrough, Bebe, Bruno

Kings won't do it
    Amir won't sign this
    TT won't sign this
    Middleton won't sign this
    Please tell me Raps won't sign Lou to a 9M/y contract

Comment

Far as I know, they will not have a great chance at signing kd in a few years if that's what you are getting at. They have to trade to bring big name players here, its just reality.

Comment

Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
        Far as I know, they will not have a great chance at signing kd in a few years if that's what you are getting at. They have to trade to bring big name players here, its just reality.
        But none of the contracts you posted are based in reality. Tristan already turned down $13M per year. Why would he take less after this successful run? Amir will get more than $5M and Middleton will likely get at least 10.
        Last edited by phdmac; Tue May 26, 2015, 11:57 PM.
        Ball Don't Lie

Comment

These are just estimates what I believe their value may be in this league, I also assumed tristan would take less to come and play for his country. Also, the trade for DMC is reasonable for both sides of the deal. The salary cap will rise next year so im sure masai wouldnt mind going into the tax for 1 season.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            Kings won't do it
            Amir won't sign this
            TT won't sign this
            kings could possibly do it because boogie doesnt want to be there and they are shopping him but free agents signing is extremely unreasonable and please never sign lou will for more than 4 mill

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Kings won't do it
              Amir won't sign this
              TT won't sign this
              Kings can not do it because the Raptors will not be able to take back all that extra salary and i agree with everything youve pointed out

Comment

First off Lou won't be signed for close to 10 mill by the raptors. Think between 7-8. Also Why would the kings trade arguably the best center in the league since Shaq who ahsn't even hit his prime yet for T-Ross and the 20th... It would need to include JV or something like that. TT turned down a 10 million dollar offer from the cavs so he is looking to get paid think $12 million+, Amir will be looking to get close to 7 most likely although you are right he should be getting 5 because he is so broken down. and lastly since middleton will be a highly sought after free agent he will most likely go for close to $10 - $13 million. He is also a RFA meaning you would need to offer 11 or more to have a true chance at prying him away from the bucks.

All in all nice idea but to be realistic you would need to give up more to get DMC back. You also need to think more realistic with the signings. We will be able to get one free agent with the cap space we will have cause we will have to over pay a bit.

Again I have said this before but Kris M. is a good candidate. He solves a huge whole in a our roster. He bumps up our defence and our rebounding at the 3 spot (T-Ross cant rebound), he can shoot the 3 so Ross can come off the bench. The guy is also young and hasn't had any injuries.

Tobias Harris is good too but he has had injuries this past year so I think he will have an off year and a half given that he continued to reaggrivate that ankle injury he caused throughout the end of season.

Comment

Working...
                X