Jordan/LeBron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan/LeBron

I just want to say, i really hate all these LeBron or Jordan talk. As great as LeBron is, and he is GREAT, he's no Michael Jordan. There really is no comparison lol. I was old enough to watch Jordan play, there is no comparison.
    Mamba Mentality

TRex wrote: View Post
    I just want to say, i really hate all these LeBron or Jordan talk. As great as LeBron is, and he is GREAT, he's no Michael Jordan. There really is no comparison lol. I was old enough to watch Jordan play, there is no comparison.
    Hmm. OP hates LeBron and Jordan talk and then creates a thread to spark LeBron and Jordan talk. *scratches head*

Comment

I hate LeBron?

Hmm...*scratches head*
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I watched Jordan as well.. and do think he's the best but Lebron has done something Jordan never did.. and that was to get to the NBA finals basically all by himself.

Jordan had Pippen and Jackson.

Lebron did it without Love, a hobbled Irving and a rookie NBA coach.

Comment

Yup. 5 straight NBA Finals appearance too. Pretty impressive. He's the 1st player to do that since Bill Russell.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            I hate LeBron?

Hmm...*scratches head*
            He didn't say that. You said you hate these Jordan vs. Lebron debates but by starting this thread you are in fact sparking the debate yourself lol
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

James Jones has also gone to the finals 5 times in a row lol
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                James Jones is the biggest leech in the NBA lmao
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

They shouldn't be compared. It's fine to argue who is the greatest of all time (Bill Russell), but it's always going to come down to personal opinion. Unfortunately, we can't have a time travel NBA league, made up of teams consisting of the greatest players of all time in their prime (although would be awesome). Even then you'd have arguments about whose surrounded by better teammates.

They are both the best players to play their position, and were both the undisputed best player in the world for pretty much a decade.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Lebrons still only won 2 titles. His career has yet to be written, I'd say he could win 3 in the next 5 years or none. Wait and see.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's really hard to compare as both play different styles. Lebron is more like Magic Johnson than Jordan. IMO however, heading to South Beach to team up with Wade and Bosh ended the discussion between the greatness of Jordan and Lebron. Jordan also lost early in his career and had to get through the Celtics and Pistons before becoming a winner. Lebron had to deal with the Pistons, Spurs, Celtics, and Magic in Cleveland - I thought had he stayed, and had other players come to Cleveland instead of him leaving, he would be winning at least 1 ring anyways as the Celtics and Lakers were getting old.

Jordan's Bulls teams only had Pippen as the 2nd all-star. Most were role players (Kukoc is good but he's not like a Dirk Nowitzki/Gasol or Bosh; Rodman is a HOF but he's pretty much a defender and rebounder).

To make the story short, Lebron heading to South Beach cost him the chance to be the GOAT. However, he can be/will probably be the 2nd best player ever.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                        It's really hard to compare as both play different styles. Lebron is more like Magic Johnson than Jordan. IMO however, heading to South Beach to team up with Wade and Bosh ended the discussion between the greatness of Jordan and Lebron. Jordan also lost early in his career and had to get through the Celtics and Pistons before becoming a winner. Lebron had to deal with the Pistons, Spurs, Celtics, and Magic in Cleveland - I thought had he stayed, and had other players come to Cleveland instead of him leaving, he would be winning at least 1 ring anyways as the Celtics and Lakers were getting old.

Jordan's Bulls teams only had Pippen as the 2nd all-star. Most were role players (Kukoc is good but he's not like a Dirk Nowitzki/Gasol or Bosh; Rodman is a HOF but he's pretty much a defender and rebounder).

To make the story short, Lebron heading to South Beach cost him the chance to be the GOAT. However, he can be/will probably be the 2nd best player ever.
                        2nd best player was "only" Scottie Pippen? He would have been the best player on like 25 teams during the Jordan era, but yknow...Jordan, Pippen and Rodman are all 3 of the best defenders of ALL TIME at their position. He had an amazing supporting cast, they went to game 7 of the ECF when he wasn't on the team. Look at the "Heatles" now without Lebron, they're a fringe playoff team in a pathetic East.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It is too early in lebron's career to evaluate him all time. Jordon did not become a good teamate until Jackson reigned him in. Lebron seemed to sacrifice for the team from the beginning. Now can the cav's surround him with talent for the next 5 year s?

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            James Jones is the biggest leech in the NBA lmao
                            or is he the second best player since bill russell all time? hmmm

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              austin daye has a ring. still blows my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X