No announcement yet.

Everything 2016 NBA All Star Game in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing DD and KL were relieved they weren't forced to travel and be trotted out for some lame ceremony about nothing but logos.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I like that they used wiggins instead
      It ties the rest of canada into the situation more than it would with demar or kyle, which would draw more attention to the raptors specifically, and isolate the city.
      The event is supposed to promote the city and make it a more appealing place, which is way more important then putting unwanted pressure on either of our guys to actually make the team next year. They aren't lebron or curry

Wiggins will draw attention to Canadian basketball, which will be good for promoting Vancouver for a team again

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Oh this is a big deal. When you think of Toronto basketball, you think of the Raptors. When you think of the Raptors you think of who? Lowry adn DeRozan right? maybe Masai? or Vince Carter? Wiggins? hmm.

Actually you know what, i think i foudn the right word. Disrepectful

Like i said, if this was baseball, Jose Bautista or/and Josh Donaldson would be front and center of an event like this not some hometown kid. If this was hockey i'm pretty sure some Leafs scrubs like Kessel and Phaneuf would be there to be the face of the organization.
        Dude, you have zero evidence that they weren't asked. Could be they just didn't want to fly in, and the Raps didn't insist, since it was a minor event (logo reveal, it wasn't like the announcement of getting the game).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Seriously, this is such a made up non-event. The BKN all-star game logo release was a press release from the league. The New Orleans one... Didn't appear to happen. Nor did the HOU one. Because no one cares!

Heck, these sort of announcements don't even happen for the jerseys, which some people care about. Again, just a press release on some gloomy Tuesday afternoon.

Literally zero NBA players care the least bit about this, certainly not enough to fly into town to participate. Wiggins was already here and probably asked by Canada Basketball or Leiweke to show up to the event as a favour to get some stories written.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I interpret this as more of a NBA announcement, rather than a Raptors announcement. From that POV, Wiggins' inclusion doesn't seem weird at all.

Comment

*shakes head*

Not sure what's the right word to use. Strange? weird? awkward? raptors?

Why Wiggins? because he's Canadian?? smh i wonder how DeRozan and Lowry feels?

This organization just never gets it right. Pretty embarassing if you ask me. It's not like they don't have any good players. If the ASG was in LA, i'm pretty sure Kobe or whoever is the face of the franchise would be the face of an event like this not some hometown kid. Are you kidding me?

Let's say this was baseball. Do you think the Blue Jays would use some hometown kid to represent them instead of Jose Bautista or Josh Donaldson? no way!!
              Wiggins, property of the Minnesota Timberwolves, who no doubt made sure Masai Ujiri and Drake were kept far away from Wednesday’s proceedings
              http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/27...-all-star-game
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

*shakes head*

Not sure what's the right word to use. Strange? weird? awkward? raptors?

Why Wiggins? because he's Canadian?? smh i wonder how DeRozan and Lowry feels?

This organization just never gets it right. Pretty embarassing if you ask me. It's not like they don't have any good players. If the ASG was in LA, i'm pretty sure Kobe or whoever is the face of the franchise would be the face of an event like this not some hometown kid. Are you kidding me?

Let's say this was baseball. Do you think the Blue Jays would use some hometown kid to represent them instead of Jose Bautista or Josh Donaldson? no way!!
                Masai wasn't there, Drake wasn't there, no one from the Raptors was there. You can calm down.

Comment

Fun article on making the ASG being "very Canadian" https://sports.vice.com/ca/article/h...vicesportsfbca

I watched RapCity for a lonnnnnnng time, don't recall this host though haha here's Steve Nash(the videos being played are some old school classics!):

Comment

Can we vow to vote in JV as a starter?

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Can we vow to vote in JV as a starter?
                      no, he doesn't deserve to make the all star team yet.

Comment

I think if we can vote JV in the all star game it would be a HUGE confidence booster for him. It could be the factor that makes him have a breakout season because he'll surely start to think of himself as an all star and will demand more touches thus creating less mediocre shots from DD + KL

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          no, he doesn't deserve to make the all star team yet.
                          So what

Comment

Pretty good I got to say! Can we buy these already???

Comment

Goodness those are pretty.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Pretty good I got to say! Can we buy these already???
                                I have never wanted to buy a Jersey for any sport as much as I want to as these ones. At the first opportunity, I'm picking up a Lowry one of these.

I hate the fact that they can set any price for these things and they look so good that I will buy it while complaining about its price.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X