Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trolling, trolling, Trolling... more evidence the Raptors were the worst team in the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling, trolling, Trolling... more evidence the Raptors were the worst team in the playoffs

If the Warriors win the NBA finals, the Raps will be the only team, that lost to a team, that lost to a team, that lost to a team, that lost in the finals.

They lost to the Wizards
    Who lost to the Hawks
    Who lost to the Cavs
    Who lost to the Warriors

Although if the Cavs were to somehow win, that honour would go to the Spurs. That said, the Spurs lost in 7 and the Raps lost in 4.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

dumb
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Actually,

They got SWEPT by the Wizards
      Who lost to the Hawks
      Who got SWEPT by the Cavs
      Who (might) lose to the Warriors

Yay.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Layers of bad
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
          If the Warriors win the NBA finals, the Raps will be the only team, that lost to a team, that lost to a team, that lost to a team, that lost in the finals.

They lost to the Wizards
          Who lost to the Hawks
          Who lost to the Cavs
          Who lost to the Warriors

Although if the Cavs were to somehow win, that honour would go to the Spurs. That said, the Spurs lost in 7 and the Raps lost in 4.
          Put in that light one could make the argument that there was no point in making the playoffs.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post

They lost to the Wizards
            Who lost to the Hawks
            Who lost to the Cavs
            Who lost to the Warriors

Following this train of thought, you can generate a score for each team, by following the path to the finals, and counting the losses versus wins (wins being a negative score, losses being a positive one).

The Raptors, for the moment would have a score of 4 losses for the first round, then 2 points for the Wizards losing in 6, then 4 points for the Hawks getting swept. Actually, I think this is skewing too much to what the opponents do - so let's assign value to each round as well. 4 points for each "point" in the first round, 3 in the second, 2 in the third, and one in the finals. Still puts 60% of the valuation on the opponents, but not as ridiculous as putting 75% of the valuation there.

So the Raptors score is:
            4*4 + 3*2 + 2*4 = 24 through three rounds

The other playoff teams so far:

ATL: -6
            CLE: -30
            CHI: -6
            TOR: 24
            WAS: -2
            MIL: 6
            BOS: 2
            BKN: 10

GSW: -28
            HOU: -9
            LAC: 5
            MEM: -12
            POR: 12
            SAS: 13
            DAL: 15
            NOP: 4

That system does NOT make the Raps look good. Almost twice as bad as the next best team.

Let's try another one - this time more directly addressing that a team's own games are worth more - 2 points for your own games, and 1 point for games your opponents play after you are out.

So, for the Raptors it would be 8 points for the first round sweep, 2 points for the Wiz loss and 4 points for the Cavs sweep over the Hawks.

ATL: 0
            CLE: -20
            CHI: -4
            TOR: 14
            WAS: 0
            MIL: 2
            BOS: 2
            BKN: 6

GSW: -18
            HOU: -2
            LAC: 3
            MEM: -5
            POR: 5
            SAS: 6
            DAL: 8
            NOP: 3

Whichever way you play with the weights, TOR was by far the biggest loser of this year's playoffs (in both systems there are only 4 points up for grabs in the finals, TOR's "leads" are 9 and 6).

Well, that wasn't fun.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We could also just point out that out of 16 playoff teams, the Raps placed:

ORTG - 15th
              DRTG - 16th
              NetRTG - 16th
              AST% - 14th
              REB% - 16th
              eFG% - 12th
              TS% - 15th
              +/- - 16th
              TO Ratio - 2nd!!!

So, the TO strategy worked.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                We could also just point out that out of 16 playoff teams, the Raps placed:

ORTG - 15th
                DRTG - 16th
                NetRTG - 16th
                AST% - 14th
                REB% - 16th
                eFG% - 12th
                TS% - 15th
                +/- - 16th
                TO Ratio - 2nd!!!

So, the TO strategy worked.
                What I find incredible is that two other teams had a worse AST%.

Comment

Interesting thread.

Can we get an off-season NBA finalRaptors against the Spurs?

Comment

Who cares? How long are we going to sit and dwell on the negative. I get it, Raps got swept. It truly is a losers mentality around here. Now EVERY thread is back to tank tank tank. Every team needs to crawl before they can walk, and its not always the answer to kick the legs out and start crawling all over again.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Its true, I was finally starting to forget and move on..

Comment

MJ was 1-3, 0-3, and 0-3 for his first three post seasons. Not saying we are MJ but we do need to move on from this

Comment

Playoffs? I don't remember any playoffs. My last memory of the Raptors is Kyle Lowry getting voted in as an All-Star starter.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Playoffs? I don't remember any playoffs. My last memory of the Raptors is Kyle Lowry getting voted in as an All-Star starter.
                            My last memory was losing a hard fought game to Portland and I'm still pissed about the clear path calls
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I thought our last game was Game 7 against Brooklyn?

Comment

Working...
                              X