New Assistant Coach rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Could be, unless one of them is a potential head coach just waiting for Casey to get fired once the team jumps out to a 2-10 start.

There's only so many jobs in the NBA, most guys don't have the luxury of being overly picky.
    It seems to have been proven incorrectly given the amount that have already said no to the Raptors.

Plus it seems like Nurse has the "in case Casey gets fired" head coach job locked up.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      EDIT:

No! Not Stripes! He's an advocate of Iso ball!
      LOL. Actually, it's kind of the opposite. The Raps magical run started the in 2013 when our legendary mascot, "The Raptor" got injured and the rookie Stripes became a starter. Masai somehow found a taker for Rudy Gay's contract and the team started to move the ball and play tenacious team defence, inexplicably turning things around. Those were blissful times.

Then, towards the end of the 2014 season, "The Raptor" came back, Stripes was demoted. The defence fell apart first, and then we saw the return of ISO ball get eliminated by Brooklyn in the playoffs. Last season, we had a fools gold run, which ended in an embarassing sweep by the Wiz and fans feeling like it was a step backwards for the franchise, with a limited ceiling for improvement with the current roster and coach.

Was that one brief period of "We The North" rapid improvement and optimism during Stripes reign a co-incidence? Has "The Raptor" been the root cause of 20+ seasons of bad luck, dashed hopes and mostly futility? He is the one constant. If so, I blame Casey, because there was no way that Stripes, a rookie mascot was going to replace a veteran, no matter how good he was.

Casey announces the return of The Raptor
      http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...of-the-raptor/

#FireTheRaptor
      #Stripesanity

I

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        LOL. Actually, it's kind of the opposite. The Raps magical run started the in 2013 when our legendary mascot, "The Raptor" got injured and the rookie Stripes became a starter. Masai somehow found a taker for Rudy Gay's contract and the team started to move the ball and play tenacious team defence, inexplicably turning things around. Those were blissful times.

Then, towards the end of the 2014 season, "The Raptor" came back, Stripes was demoted. The defence fell apart first, and then we saw the return of ISO ball get eliminated by Brooklyn in the playoffs. Last season, we had a fools gold run, which ended in an embarassing sweep by the Wiz and fans feeling like it was a step backwards for the franchise, with a limited ceiling for improvement with the current roster and coach.

Was that one brief period of "We The North" rapid improvement and optimism during Stripes reign a co-incidence? Has "The Raptor" been the root cause of 20+ seasons of bad luck, dashed hopes and mostly futility? He is the one constant. If so, I blame Casey, because there was no way that Stripes, a rookie mascot was going to replace a veteran, no matter how good he was.

Casey announces the return of The Raptor
        http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...of-the-raptor/

#FireTheRaptor
        #Stripesanity

I
        But can stripes do this?

Comment

• Apparently we hired Rex Kalamian.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba/stat...95841785495553
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Apparently we hired Rex Kalamian.
              One of Casey's assistants in Minnesota, I believe.

edit: yup.
              http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news...t_coaches.html

Comment

• With nearly 20 years of NBA experience, Rex Kalamian begins his fifth season with the Thunder after previous coaching tenures with the Sacramento Kings, Minnesota Timberwolves, Denver Nuggets, Philadelphia 76ers and the Los Angeles Clippers.

As an assistant with the Thunder, Kalamian is chiefly responsible for game preparation and player development. During his time in Oklahoma City, much of Kalamian’s focus has been on the Thunder’s offensive efforts. During the 2012-13 season, the Thunder finished the year as the third highest scoring team in the NBA (averaged 105.7 points per game).

Prior to joining the Thunder’s bench, Kalamian spent two years as an assistant coach with the Sacramento Kings after a two year stint with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Before his time in Minnesota, Kalamian spent one season with the Denver Nuggets where he worked as an assistant coach/player development. Kalamian served previously as a West Coast scout for the Philadelphia 76ers during the 2003-04 season before assuming his coaching duties in Denver.

Kalamian’s NBA career began with the Los Angeles Clippers where he spent nine years serving the organization in various capacities. After starting as an assistant to the scouting department in 1992, Kalamian was later promoted to assistant coach by Bill Fitch in 1995.

Prior to joining the Clippers, Kalamian worked as an assistant coach for his former school, East Los Angeles College for two seasons. While in college, Kalamian was named team captain at East Los Angeles where he led the South Coast Conference in three point shooting accuracy during the 1988-89 season.

A graduate of Cal Poly Pomona, Kalamian earned a bachelor’s degree in business management.

http://www.nba.com/coachfile/rex_kalamian/index.html
                Cool.

We are so signing Durant next year.

Comment

• dead man walking
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• KD to Raps confirmed

Comment

• Apparently this guy's an amazing assistant. OKC fans are actually pissed he's gone. You KNOW an assistant is good when the fans actually give a crap about him.

edit: Tom Sterner just came to mind

Comment

• I'm mildly pleased with the hire, mainly because he's a legit NBA Assistant Coach and I was losing faith we would get one. Now, how are his halftime interviews?

Comment

• WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
                          Apparently this guy's an amazing assistant. OKC fans are actually pissed he's gone. You KNOW an assistant is good when the fans actually give a crap about him.

He's also one of their main development guys...

Okc has been producing young talent like no tomorrow and this guy is one of the reason because of it
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• This should help with the development of the young guys
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
                              Apparently this guy's an amazing assistant. OKC fans are actually pissed he's gone. You KNOW an assistant is good when the fans actually give a crap about him.

What do they see as his main contributions? Because if he's coming here as a development / game-planning coach, great. If he's coming here in any sort of offensive assistant capacity, OKC seems more or less like the same iso and ball-screen approach we already have, albeit with far more talent.

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
                                He's also one of their main development guys...

Okc has been producing young talent like no tomorrow and this guy is one of the reason because of it
                                OKC failed to develop Lamb and Perry Jones, they've been a bit hit or miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X