Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grade My Offseason Transactions for the Raptors (for fun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stauskas\ross maybe a step backwards even. Ross seems lost on defense totally but i still think hes better than stauskas.
    lowry can atleast get one first rounder, maybe two in the ultra competitive west.
    Id go with another trading partner, like orlando or sacramento for lowry to get a top 10 pick in this years draft.
    Gerald Green seems good on paper, but in reality he's kind of a punk, might work out but risky. Cory Joseph is coming to Toronto.
    Derozan's a fan favourite, and you can't not appreciate his heart and desire, but he's a SHOOTING guard yet to add the 3 pointer to his resume. Look at the last 4 teams in the playoffs. Korver, /Harden, JR smith and klay thompson. they can all shoot 3's, its essential to have 3 point shooters and both the 1 and the 2 now, maybe even the 3, the nba is turning more euroball than people think, shit even the 4's have to shoot threes.
    Give Patterson a chance to start, use the money elsewhere like WES MATTHEWS. This would be a dream, maybe its too far fetched.
    The plan overall is ok though, id want more draft picks this year and next though. Rebuild Masai, your team isnt really yours anyways, its Colangelo's plus GV and Paterson next year. MAKE YOUR IMPRINT THIS OFFSEASON> Listen to your knowledgable RaptorsRepublic forum staff that works for free.

Comment

I know, my jokes are pretty bad. Now you know, in advance.

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
        What's wrong with gerald green? i think he's super talented, great defence, athletic, and solid shooter and a guy like vince can transform his game into a more consistent one.
        Just the kind of guy that Casey would let languish on the bench.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
          Spurs are up against the cap as Duncan & Ginobilli are leaning towards returning for another season and they are going after max players Aldridge or Gasol and signing Kawhi to a max extension plus trying to bring back Danny Green, Joseph is a strong candidate to be a cap cut. I noticed the lack of 3pt threat outside Lowry in the starting 5 right away but thats something a good coach can work around.
          Reason I picked the players I did was basically to be realistic given the NBA market and Toronto market. Faried is Masai's guy and is on the outs in DEN and very likely to be moved plus $12M/yr is a value deal in the new NBA come 2016. VC & Toronto...well you know..., Harris is the biggest name on the market that we know wants out and will not be back in Orl (as opposed to guys like Millsap etc that would be great but are in good situations and not likely to leave, let alone come to Toronto), Biyombo has strong ties to Masai through NBA Africa and is the type of Backup C- rebounder/rim protector we lacked, Joseph is a young, Canadian, lockdown defence, backup PG coming out the Spurs system. All these pickup's improve what we lacked last season, defence and rebounding plus Lou/VC/PP makes up for any lack of 3pt threat the starting V lacks off the bench lol
          Yea, i totally get your rationale now for your ideas for off season moves and I get why some of the people you picked would more than likely end up in a raptors uniform. I really hope we get joseph too. We could have used him last year but then again, would casey made the proper decision to utilize him during the series? I'm leaning towards unlikely but idk. I completely agree that we need a new coach thats more creative with the offence and overall makes good adjustments during the game. I was more than sure we would get faried before the trade deadline but i realized his contract extension probably put masai off from wanting to get him. He's a really hard working guy and his defensive rebounding is something we could have used.
          Last edited by BS10; Thu Jun 4, 2015, 10:19 PM.
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I actually liked Ross for Stauskas. Maybe cause I like Staus and hate Ross lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

IwishIwasZachLowe wrote: View Post
              Stauskas\ross maybe a step backwards even. Ross seems lost on defense totally but i still think hes better than stauskas.
              lowry can atleast get one first rounder, maybe two in the ultra competitive west.
              Id go with another trading partner, like orlando or sacramento for lowry to get a top 10 pick in this years draft.
              Gerald Green seems good on paper, but in reality he's kind of a punk, might work out but risky. Cory Joseph is coming to Toronto.
              Derozan's a fan favourite, and you can't not appreciate his heart and desire, but he's a SHOOTING guard yet to add the 3 pointer to his resume. Look at the last 4 teams in the playoffs. Korver, /Harden, JR smith and klay thompson. they can all shoot 3's, its essential to have 3 point shooters and both the 1 and the 2 now, maybe even the 3, the nba is turning more euroball than people think, shit even the 4's have to shoot threes.
              Give Patterson a chance to start, use the money elsewhere like WES MATTHEWS. This would be a dream, maybe its too far fetched.
              The plan overall is ok though, id want more draft picks this year and next though. Rebuild Masai, your team isnt really yours anyways, its Colangelo's plus GV and Paterson next year. MAKE YOUR IMPRINT THIS OFFSEASON> Listen to your knowledgable RaptorsRepublic forum staff that works for free.
              I'd rather get joseph over stauskas but i think stauskas will develop into a good player with the right coach.

Yea i agree i hope derozan will improve his 3 point shooting this off season. He'll be more valuable that way and we can justify paying him his money. I think he needs a real coach to ingrain some better basketball philosophies because i think he lacks in bball IQ but overall he's a solid player.

I like wes matthews too but i highly doubt he's leaving portland especially if LA decides to stay and sign a max deal with them but one can hope.
              Last edited by BS10; Thu Jun 4, 2015, 10:42 PM.
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I actually liked Ross for Stauskas. Maybe cause I like Staus and hate Ross lol
                I don't think its a bad trade because we need more pure shooting guards or guys that can shoot the 3 consistently and the kings already have maclemoore as their starting 2 so they won't have any need for Stauskas. We already have PP and JJ who could fill the 3 easily. Stauskas is also bigger than Ross but less athletic. I think most raptor fans have given up on the development of Ross and would like a change of scenario for him.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Just the kind of guy that Casey would let languish on the bench.
                  Yea, I agree… lol, that's why Casey has got to gooo
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I don't think its a bad trade because we need more pure shooting guards or guys that can shoot the 3 consistently and the kings already have maclemoore as their starting 2 so they won't have any need for Stauskas. We already have PP and JJ who could fill the 3 easily. Stauskas is also bigger than Ross but less athletic. I think most raptor fans have given up on the development of Ross and would like a change of scenario for him.
                    This makes no sense, if we need more guys who can shoot why are we trading Ross?

PP cannot play the 3 at all

JJ isn't going to get minutes
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      This makes no sense, if we need more guys who can shoot why are we trading Ross?

PP cannot play the 3 at all

JJ isn't going to get minutes
                      We're trading ross because:
                      1) He can't guard guys at his position, he's undersized (and i don't think he would like his role to be switched to a 2 coming off the bench)
                      2)He's a streaky shooter (I remember games during the season where he went 0-10)
                      3)He lacks heart
                      4)Tension between him + Toronto fans (e.g. him expressing his frustration and calling out "phony fans" on instagram or w.e although this is minor)
                      5)Mentally weak

JJ isn't going to get minutes because there is tension between him and our coach.
                      Whats the solution? New coach

I don't understand why PP cannot play the 3? He's tall, physically capable, can space the floor on the offence, not a bad defender?
                      Last edited by BS10; Fri Jun 5, 2015, 12:57 PM.
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I don't understand why PP cannot play the 3? He's tall, physically capable, can space the floor on the offence, not a bad defender?
                        PP doesn't have the lateral quickness to keep up with guys the all star wings in this league
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          PP doesn't have the lateral quickness to keep up with guys the all star wings in this league
                          Call me optimistic but I think he could improve this aspect of his game in the off season.

I feel the tier 1 small forwards like leonard, lebron, and melo are more likely to use their strength and post you up and body you rather than beat you on the first step. But it depends on the player.
                          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Call me optimistic but I think he could improve this aspect of his game in the off season.

I feel the tier 1 small forwards like leonard, lebron, and melo are more likely to use their strength and post you up and body you rather than beat you on the first step. But it depends on the player.
                            Did you see what happened last year when PPat was guarding Pierce (Brooklyn)? He got absolutely burned and now imagine what an actual star could do to him.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Did you see what happened last year when PPat was guarding Pierce (Brooklyn)? He got absolutely burned and now imagine what an actual star could do to him.
                              Good point. However, 2Pat's inexperience in the playoffs against Pierce's experience in the playoffs was part of the equation. Pierce had played over 150+ playoff games in his career. He knows what it takes and what he needs to do in order to win. Last year was 2pat's first year to ever play a single playoff game. You need a different energy during the playoffs and i suppose 2pat wasn't ready for it. You get better overtime at something you are more comfortable with and make adjustments according to the game. 2pat needs more playoff experience and understand that the game is played at a different level.
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

This has been Kyrie's first playoffs and he has looked fine

Talent is the missing ingredient, not the change in energy level

Comment

Working...
                                X