Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happen to kyle the second half of the season

pls comment like two separate guys

No idea. Blame it on the Blazers I guess. We were fucked after that thriller.

Comment

Mix of disheartening/checking out because of the terrible system, and various injuries.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Mix of disheartening/checking out because of the terrible system, and various injuries.
        Blame it on the Blazers

Comment

I'll tell you what it wasn't: it wasn't "not caring after a big fat contract" or "got too big for his britches after the all star game". Like DanH said, it's a combination of terrible offensive habits(team wise and personally) that got progressively worse, various nagging injuries including hands, wrists and back, and lets face it, he set a real high bar with his first half of the season. The real Kyle Lowry is probably somewhere in between. Ranking somewhere between 8 and 10 among point guards, an excellent 3rd-Best-Player-On-Contender.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I'll tell you what it wasn't: it wasn't "not caring after a big fat contract" or "got too big for his britches after the all star game". Like DanH said, it's a combination of terrible offensive habits(team wise and personally) that got progressively worse, various nagging injuries including hands, wrists and back, and lets face it, he set a real high bar with his first half of the season. The real Kyle Lowry is probably somewhere in between. Ranking somewhere between 8 and 10 among point guards, an excellent 3rd-Best-Player-On-Contender.
            good post

Comment

Well the first half of the season he was playing lose... the second half he had massive constipation and had to play with that the whole time. He cleared it out now so he will be good to go next season.

Comment

All compounded by butting heads with the coach? I hope Masai knows what he's doing, because some of those exit interviews didn't look too good.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bang on. I absolutely hate when the media types try to play psychoanalyst and read into body language, comments, etc., and come up with some bullshit narrative that fits some stupid old school "the way things used to be" view of sports. So, so stupid.

Comment

He came back down to earth. 2 superstar months followed by 4 months of trash translates into a pretty good season, overall.

Comment

I think he got injured and was the type of injury where you can't keep your body in game ready shape. Maybe came back too early, maybe just wasn't in shape to be effective. At least that is what I hope was the case.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        All compounded by butting heads with the coach? I hope Masai knows what he's doing, because some of those exit interviews didn't look too good.
                        that's all just pure speculation with no proof, even if something like that were to come out, I don't know which side tho choose, Lowry has butted heads with coaches in the past, true, but Casey hasn't exactly been an angel either.

Comment

That's easy. KYLE GOT TIRED and a little banged up. He's 30years old and play a reckless brand of bball, it wares the body down. Plus he's not exactly Lebron. He's not use to this type of grind.

Even Lebron who is still pretty awesome has seen his efficiency is goes OUT THE WINDOW in the Poffs.

if Kyle was 26-27 AND IN GREAT SHAPE, shape, this would not have been an issue. But he's a chubby combo guard, so asking him to carry this weight is unfair to him.

When the body breaks down, the MIND usually follows. That's why when guys get tired, they make the dumbest plays and take terrible shots.

Comment

Can kyle rebound with this franchise?

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                              Can kyle rebound with this franchise?
                              If by rebound, you mean "do about as good next year as this year except more consistently over 82 games, and have a MUCH BETTER playoffs" then yes, definitely. In fact I'd bet on it
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X