Let's fleece the Warriors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's fleece the Warriors.

I don't know shit, honestly, but this smells like a good idea to me. It would stabilize the Rap's identity and offers enough for the Warriors to bite. They need mid-range shooting, and the Raptors need mettle. It's a hiccup-rebuild move that sort of depends on Toronto's recent draft choices, including Ross, to pan out.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nflqntl

Raps send: DeRozan, JV and Fields
    Warriors send Iggy, Ezeli and Livingstone.

My reasoning is the post-trade Raptors would be a slash-and-burn team with Iggy as its unspoken leader, freeing Kyle of that pressure and removing DeRozan from the picture. Iggy is sort of a LeBron-Lite. I think he's due to shine once more before his career is over. Look how he has responded for the Warriors when Cleveland was cowing them. His presence would likely keep James Johnston in check too. Ezeli is more the kind of center Casey wants than JV, and might end up being the better of the two in the long run. And Casey would have the mobile rotation players he needs to run his defense. Obviously, adding some veteran savvy is part of the plan. Hopefully our young lanky guys will develop well under good leadership from Iggy and Livingstone.

Tell me why I'm crazy.

Fields can't be traded anymore. Ezeli will soon be 26 years old and had a knee surgery, Iggy is 31. Raptors get fleeced here.

Comment

If people think JV is a stiff they should watch Festus...dude is massive but is nothing more than a deer caught in headlights out there who seemingly jumps lower than JV in the paint

Comment

This is a joke right?

You honestly can't believe this is a good trade for Toronto let alone a fleece?

What are you smoking?

My goodness this is awful on so many levels.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Well, I sort of indicated it was a joke, in the sense that I felt I must be wrong because I definitely don't know enough to be proposing sensible trades, but just watching GS move through the playoffs, it seemed to me that some of their secondary players are just the sort of guys Toronto needs. I thought Ezeli looked great. Iggy has been their most consistent playoffs guy I'd say.

Anyway, they might be a good trade partner for a DeRozan deal. I think they could see him as a guy to help them improve their weaknesses.

Comment

I think speights and barbosa should be in instead of iggy and ezeli, we need a 4 that can stretch the floor and barbosa can be our new 6 man cheaper than lou will

Comment

Working...
            X