Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Bebe have Rudy Gobert-like potential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    summer league as well, but yeah, point taken.
    didnt he actually do really well in summer league? not sure where this lost and stiffness is coming from

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      didnt he actually do really well in summer league? not sure where this lost and stiffness is coming from
      Bebe was also coming off an injury before last years summer league. I'm sure he's gonna be better this summer league and like you said he wasn't even bad during last year's summer league.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        I don't think we can say he killed it, he put up 8 points and 10 boards over 4 games shooting a pretty low 43% from the filed. Her did show flashes, but it was a small sample and inconsistent at best.
        Here's his game log from the DLeague

27 minutes, 7-18 FG, 4-11 FT, 18 pts, 19 reb, 4 blks, 1 ast, 1 TO
        29 minutes, 3-6 FG, 2-4 FT, 8 pts, 13 reb, 2 blks, 1 ast, 2 stl, 0 TO
        21 minutes, 2-4 FG, 3-3 FT, 7 pts, 7 reb, 2 blks, 1 stl, 1 TO
        Only got 2 minutes in his final game so basically should just discard it

His FG% was brought down by the first game, where he was clearly asked to do way more on offense then the Raptors would ever ask (has JV ever had anywhere close to 18 shots in a game?). Outside of that, he shots 50% from the floor and was an ok FT shooter. What he did show was elite rebounding and shot blocking, which is exactly what the Raptors would ask of him. He also put up elite rebounding and shot blocking in the ACB, so I think it's fair to assume that will translate to the NBA well enough that he'd make a fine backup. He seems a way better fit than Hansbrough, who got the lions share of the backup C minutes.

Comment

Gobert is a true super-freak in the Deandre Jordan mold. BeBe is an ordinary freak but could be productive as early as next year. A player can make major gains in 12 months, so we should be expecting Bebe to show some consistency in summer league.

Comment

I will hold on saying anything about Bebe till this season. He had the excuse of being injured and coming off the injury last season. This season there are no excuses. He needs to dominate the summer league and show significant improvement.

Comment

No one can really answer this question cause we still have barely seen him play
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

For the record JV has shot 18 times or more once in his 3 year career. And 16 times or more only 3 times.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  For the record JV has shot 18 times or more once in his 3 year career. And 16 times or more only 3 times.
                  Balanced attacks are for chumps....
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

"Does Bebe have Rudy Gobert-like potential?"

No.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Can't say, since he never plays

Comment

Maybe when he gets some minutes we'll find out.

I just don't understand why he couldn't have at least had Hansbrough's minutes last year. We're not a title contender, there's no excuse not to play young guys. Hell the 4th seed was practically on lock anyway considering how bad the division was.

Comment

Working...
                        X