Bosh Loves Being the Face of the Franchise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Loves Being the Face of the Franchise

Man ... all I can say is that this will likely be the most interesting and possibly most active off-season in a long time. I'm actually looking forward to it whether Bosh stays or goes.

“I can’t speculate as to what he’s going to do. That’s stuff that they’ll (management) talk about later on.”

“He’s one of the most focused people I’ve been around. If you know Chris, he’s methodical about the game. For anyone to suggest that his head was anywhere else … is ridiculous.”

“He just loves this city. Toronto is definitely a home away from home. For him, he really dedicates himself to this city.”

“He loves playing here man. I think he loves being the face of the franchise.”
    Source - Click here

So the thing is there was another guy who played here once and he had his own charity work going on, proclaimed that he loved the city but when the chips were down and it was clear that the team was not going to be the vehicle to take him where he wanted, he left. I'm not saying that Chris is like this other guy but you know, life isn't perfect.

I'm with you Doc though. I can't wait to hear the ending of this story. How ever it ends, I wish Chris Bosh nothing but the best. He's a man of class and integrity. I highly respect him.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Apr 15, 2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Be honest. Put yourself in Bosh's shoes.

If you truly want to win - isn't Miami a better option for you? (given that they're willing to take you for the max contract)

Wade alone can't get to the NBA Finals, Bosh alone hardly can make the playoffs. But together they could be DEADLY. And what's more, they're both still young. So if they add a few solid peripheral pieces, that team could have a real shot at being a top tier team in this league for many years.

Wouldn't you do it?

I won't be too surprised if that's what happens. Bosh has busted his ass for this franchise, he deserves to win.
      "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
      ------------------------------------------
      "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

I've loved the Chris Bosh era, while it wasn't overflowing with play off victories or perpetual trips to the post season, it included bankable 20-10 performances and 100% effort regardless of the standings. If Bosh resigns, I will be joyous as he is broken or not, the face of the franchise and will be the most talented player to wear the raps uniform for years to come.

Having said that, you should not pay franchise money for a simple stat sheet stuffer. His leadership abilities are constantly being questioned, he doesn't make his teammates better or create open looks for them and for 7 years has been a defensive work in progress.

If I had to choose between Bosh and Amir, I would choose Amir. Amir is younger, provides more energy on defense and will be exponentially cheaper. Is he as talented, not even close, but he is still learning how to play offense and could easily provide 16-10 with two blocks over the next five years. The money the raps save on resigning Amir could be used to fill the gap disparity between Bosh and Amir's offensive talents.

Comment

bhattmagandhi wrote: View Post
          I won't be too surprised if that's what happens. Bosh has busted his ass for this franchise, he deserves to win.
          I completely agree. Bosh was great for Toronto, but I would not wish on him what happened to KG or Karl Malone, leaving near the end of his career just to try to win a championship with some random team he didn't really have any connection to.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
            I'

If I had to choose between Bosh and Amir, I would choose Amir. Amir is younger, provides more energy on defense and will be exponentially cheaper. Is he as talented, not even close, but he is still learning how to play offense and could easily provide 16-10 with two blocks over the next five years. The money the raps save on resigning Amir could be used to fill the gap disparity between Bosh and Amir's offensive talents.

wow!!
            i cant believe someone wants amir as much as i do. ha

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
              I've loved the Chris Bosh era, while it wasn't overflowing with play off victories or perpetual trips to the post season, it included bankable 20-10 performances and 100% effort regardless of the standings. If Bosh resigns, I will be joyous as he is broken or not, the face of the franchise and will be the most talented player to wear the raps uniform for years to come.

Having said that, you should not pay franchise money for a simple stat sheet stuffer. His leadership abilities are constantly being questioned, he doesn't make his teammates better or create open looks for them and for 7 years has been a defensive work in progress.

Johnson has more talent than Bosh. It is just not as developed in the areas that some people look at first.

1. Runs faster
              2. Jumps higher
              3. Has a better touch around the basket
              4. Is a better passer
              5. Is a better defender
              6. Has better hands

Bosh is a better defensive rebounder and better outside/foul shooter at this point, but those are the only two areas where Bosh is better.

As far as all around basketball related talent Johnson has more than Bosh.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Apr 15, 2010, 03:32 PM.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Johnson has more talent than Bosh. It is just not as developed in the areas that some people look at first.

1. Runs faster
                2. Jumps higher
                3. Has a better touch around the basket
                4. Is a better passer
                5. Is a better defender
                6. Has better hands

Bosh is a better defensive rebounder and better outside/foul shooter at this point, but those are the only two areas where Bosh is better.

As far as all around basketball related talent Johnson has more than Bosh.
                relax there buddhafan.. no way amir has more talent than chris.. NO FING WAY..
                i love amir.. we need to keep him on this team, but we need bosh more..

Comment

Adrian wrote: View Post
                  I'm 100% with you on this one. Amir now is not as good as Bosh was as an 18 year old rookie.

Comment

Adrian wrote: View Post
                    i love amir.. we need to keep him on this team, but we need bosh more..
                    time to cut bosh lose, it's the only other option we've tried everything else for the past 7 years and haven't go out of the first round.

i want a real leader a real franchise guy like steve nash who takes blame for lossses and stuff, bosh blames other people.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I feel some Amir manlove coming on.

He is more athletic than Bosh, but I don't think he has anywhere near the offensive potential or capabilities that Bosh has. The moves Bosh developed for this season are some of the best I have ever seen. The guy is as unstoppable with the ball in his hands as any other player in the league. He can go right or left, inside or out and has finally learned to react to his defender instead of making up his mind early and not adapting to the defense. Throw in that 8 foot hook shot and he has as full an arsenal as anyone not named Kobe, except of course if you double team him, then he freaks out and turns the ball over.

Overall I would agree he might have more talent, but ball in hand anywhere in the court he will never be what Bosh is.

Comment

Working...
                      X