Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Does Ibaka on the trading block mean OKC knows KD is gone? Has to.
    Might mean they are freeing up space for KD and Westbrook when they all expire next year... won't have to deal with Ibaka cap hold... Presti is a pretty sharp guy running the OKC show
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Terrible grammar. To me anyway, you can argue it's passable I suppose.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
        I'd be very surprised if they take back money for Ibaka, the point is to trade Ibaka and keep Durant and Adams.
        The issue with Ibaka is after this season he'll be looking at a huge pay raise, which they won't be able to afford if they keep all the others. Ross is a flat salary well below what Ibaka would get.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          I think it's more the tone though, OKC wants established guys.

If it's Ross+Pat for Ibaka... that's tougher, but I'd do it.
          I'd move Pat, I guess, if and only if it meant we weren't sending picks in the deal. Then you can draft someone at 9 who can be the long term PF solution and have Ibaka driving wins in the meantime.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I'd move Pat, I guess, if and only if it meant we weren't sending picks in the deal. Then you can draft someone at 9 who can be the long term PF solution and have Ibaka driving wins in the meantime.
            I replied to you on twitter with this one, but I think I'd rather go CoJo+Ross than Pat+Ross, and give Delon CoJo's role.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
              Wow. So that's a big advantage. Any Masai connection that you're aware of? He ever do anything for Basketball without borders?
              It's a pretty safe assumption that any player coming over from Africa in the last decade has some sort of connection with Masai.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I replied to you on twitter with this one, but I think I'd rather go CoJo+Ross than Pat+Ross, and give Delon CoJo's role.
                Yeah, I'd still hesitate (and I doubt OKC would like that, they are pretty set at PG with a promising backup and Westbrook eating up minutes) to move CoJo though. Really hope we can get something done around Ross/picks.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Might mean they are freeing up space for KD and Westbrook when they all expire next year... won't have to deal with Ibaka cap hold... Presti is a pretty sharp guy running the OKC show
                  KD expires this year. If you've got a championship core, you've got to go into luxury tax to keep it together.

TBH, Presti hasn't been all that sharp the last 4-5 years, starting with the Harden trade However, if he can get KD, Russ, etc... to take deep discounts to win, like the Spurs trio, then I'd be more impressed.

Comment

Yeah.

I love this in theory. I'm just wondering what it means for OKC. Is this the first move of a rebuild if they know Durant is leaving?

Or are they just trying to find a better piece for next year's run?
                    Or it's a misconstrued rumour from a bogus source.
                    Last edited by Mess; Thu Jun 23, 2016, 04:04 PM.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      Wow. So that's a big advantage. Any Masai connection that you're aware of? He ever do anything for Basketball without borders?
                      http://www.nba.com/thunder/community...africa_150804/

Comment

• Watching OKC play Ibaka has lost a lot of what made him great, and he was clearly below Kanter and Adams on that team. I'm worried it's not a factor of not enough minutes but rather that he is in decline.

For me this would be like when we signed Carroll, all signs point to him being right but it just doesn't feel right, it feels like a guy who is just past the point of truly helping us.

Comment

• Ross actually fills a need for okc. They need a 2 worse than we need a 4. He could slide in and start while also being the best 3 pt shooter in the starting lineup (kd as well but ross is better catch and shoot)
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Watching OKC play Ibaka has lost a lot of what made him great, and he was clearly below Kanter and Adams on that team. I'm worried it's not a factor of not enough minutes but rather that he is in decline.

For me this would be like when we signed Carroll, all signs point to him being right but it just doesn't feel right, it feels like a guy who is just past the point of truly helping us.
                            We would have a year to try him out. He's a perfect fit? Use bird rights to sign him. He's breaking down? Let him go

Comment

• Awesome - thanks. Come on this is too perfect. We're incredible trade partners with OKC. I believe I recall Waiters wanting a huge raise. Ross will be much cheaper. If they like Ross.

It all came down to if Ibaka would be available. And it seemed perfectly sensible that he wouldn't be. We have a lot of assets we could move. We could throw a lot of different looking packages at OKC. That starting 5 would be so fucking good.

Comment

• Looking Ahead: 2016 NBA Draft

U guys want defensive players but don't want to pay them? I don't get u guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X