No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it will be a wait and see, then a BPA call this year.

Toronto cannot continue to pick up "projects". They have bebe and that stiff Coboclo already and have to actually pay them money.... Bruno gets a lot of money. I have no idea who this player will be, but you can be damn sure it will be whoever they deem best, and he will be able to play right away, limited role likely, but still..... a player

Comment

• Really trying to like Sabonis this team. I just can't see it. We already struggle to get JV more post up. How are we going to get Sabonis touches too? His skillset isn't really needed on this team. Also I am just not a fan of Gonzaga prospects. Adam Morrison, Kelly Olynyk both scored efficiently at Gonzaga.
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jun 22, 2016, 10:50 AM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Yep. Definitely have to take every opinion, even pro scouts, with a grain of salt. Even in the same quote that scout was saying Davis should be a better rebounder and yet he pulled down 12.1 REB per 40 min as a freshman, which is better than Anthony Davis and on par with KAT. And Deyonta Davis was top 6 in OREB per 40. Sounds like the scout was using the eye test and not actual stats to back up his opinion.

The whole motor thing is really subjective, though. Matthew Dellavedova has an unbelievable motor. Why? Because he HAS to. With his athletic limitations, he wouldn't even be in the league without it. Davis is a terrific athlete that makes a play look trivial that Sabonis would turn into a hustle play, showcasing his motor.

Davis is the clear choice for the Raps, if they keep the pick, and nobody drops. Poeltl & Ellenson would be a disaster. Skal is basically a taller version of Bruno at this point. Luwawu should be the second choice.
        I actually like Davis, though disagree about clear choice.

Nice backtracking on the motor. He played under 20 min/game compared to guys like Sabonis, Ellenson and Poeltl who all played over 30. He should look to have a better motor since he would have much less of a fatigue factor,

As you pointed out, great offensive rebounding numbers, defensive rebounding not as good (which is probably what the scout was referring to).

Rebounding does translate to the NBA, offensive rebounding especially, so he does have that in his favour.

We'll see.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Really trying to like Sabonis this team. I just can't see it. We already struggle to get JV more post up. How are we going to get Sabonis touches too? His skillset isn't really needed on this team.
          Why do you need to worry about his touches? He doesn't and I thought you knew that this team plays Ride or Die; Kyle or DeMar. Seriously though, I think you're worrying about nothing. Sabonis is not a guy who demands the ball to be effective. He's also developing in other areas of his offense so don't just go on what he was allowed to do in college. Actually that's important. Despite working on his range and adding that to his skillset, he didn't step outside his role to the extent that he's surprised a lot of people in workouts with aspects to his game they never knew he had.

If he was willing to accept whatever role in college asked of him why would that change now when playing with far superior talent?

Comment

• 27 i like zhou, diallo, a senior or a player we know isn't taking money and staying in europe. do not want maker, don't like. #9 hoping they choose sabonis, expecting skal(maybe davis) want ellenson.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Why do you need to worry about his touches? He doesn't and I thought you knew that this team plays Ride or Die; Kyle or DeMar. Seriously though, I think you're worrying about nothing. Sabonis is not a guy who demands the ball to be effective. He's also developing in other areas of his offense so don't just go on what he was allowed to do in college. Actually that's important. Despite working on his range, he didn't step outside his role to the extent that he's surprised a lot of people in workouts with aspects to his game they never knew he had.
              not to mention a rookie expecting to come in and demand the ball on this team. hahaha

Comment

• After Sacramento passed on Mudiay last year Divac explained that it was at least in part due to him not coming to Sacramento for a workout. Fast forward to this year and the highest ranked prospect to go to Sacramento so far is Wade Baldwin. If Vlade sticks to what he did last year, someone from the so called "top 8" could be available at 9 for Raptors.

You're a special kind of dysfunctional when that many prospects simply pretend you don't exist. Thanks, Sacramento for being you!
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Really trying to like Sabonis this team. I just can't see it. We already struggle to get JV more post up. How are we going to get Sabonis touches too? His skillset isn't really needed on this team.
                  Sabonis sets good screens, is a skilled passer and the workouts have apparently shown that he has more range than he shot in college. The Raps probably look at him as someone who can generate his own points when needed, but who can contribute a lot as someone playing primarily off the ball.

Comment

• Man is Ujiri gonna piss us all off if 5,500 posts later of talking about the pick he turns around and trades the damn thing.

Comment

Really trying to like Sabonis this team. I just can't see it. We already struggle to get JV more post up. How are we going to get Sabonis touches too? His skillset isn't really needed on this team. Also I am just not a fan of Gonzaga prospects. Adam Morrison, Kelly Olynyk both scored efficiently at Gonzaga.
                      You have a problem with Olynyk's 56 TS% and 40% from 3?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Man is Ujiri gonna piss us all off if 5,500 posts later of talking about the pick he turns turns around and trades the damn thing.
                        Or picks another Bruno that no one has heard of.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                          After Sacramento passed on Mudiay last year Divac explained that it was at least in part due to him not coming to Sacramento for a workout. Fast forward to this year and the highest ranked prospect to go to Sacramento so far is Wade Baldwin. If Vlade sticks to what he did last year, someone from the so called "top 8" could be available at 9 for Raptors.

You're a special kind of dysfunctional when that many prospects simply pretend you don't exist. Thanks, Sacramento for being you!
                          Baldwin is big and explosive. He no doubt has a lot of potential. If Vlade goes that way I don't think it's any more crazy than taking Brown 3rd overall.

Comment

• I think he goes with Skal. I have a really strong feeling he goes with him.

Comment

• https://theringer.com/evaluating-jak...965#.9t58zmvod

How to Evaluate Big Men in the NBA Draft
                              Jakob Poeltl and A.J. Hammons are on opposite ends of most big boards, but is the talent gap really that wide?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Why do you need to worry about his touches? He doesn't and I thought you knew that this team plays Ride or Die; Kyle or DeMar. Seriously though, I think you're worrying about nothing. Sabonis is not a guy who demands the ball to be effective. He's also developing in other areas of his offense so don't just go on what he was allowed to do in college. Actually that's important. Despite working on his range and adding that to his skillset, he didn't step outside his role to the extent that he's surprised a lot of people in workouts with aspects to his game they never knew he had.

If he was willing to accept whatever role in college asked of him why would that change now when playing with far superior talent?
                                Sabonis is being drafted in the lottery because he was one of the most effecient scorers on the block and is a great rebounder. The offense at Gonzaga was ran through Sabonis and Wiltjer. Raptors are never going to run thier offense through Sabonis. I don't like the idea of drafting guy and asking him to play totally different in the pros. Going away from what actually made him such a good player.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X