Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    If they do want a guy like Ross, and I don't think they do, but if they do, I'd be looking to trade up to them, not down.

My target for a trade up into the middle of the draft is the Grizzlies. I really think they could use a guy like Ross, and I'd do a Ross+27+LAC for 17 trade to grab Sabonis.
    Why not a trade with Denver? Trade our 9 and Ross for their 15 & 19? Then trade 27 for something useful.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      So, it's easy to trade back if Toronto doesn't want much value for the pick but if they want value it will be incredibly difficult for anyone to move up to #9 to get the pick. Got it.
      Huh? BOS tried to trade up to get Winslow in last season's draft. CHA wouldn't budge, as they loved Kaminsky, and MIA wanted Winslow. BOS offered 4 first round picks and still got told no.

Teams will pay through the nose to move up. But teams rarely want to move back, especially at the top of the draft. So if Toronto DOES want to move back, the hard part is dealt with.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• myklk wrote: View Post
        Why not a trade with Denver? Trade our 9 and Ross for their 15 & 19? Then trade 27 for something useful.
        I don't like trading back in the draft. Need to take advantage of being in the top 10 while we have the chance.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

More offensively inclined Derrick Favors? That's a heck of a comparison. Would not complain about that in the least, though I think I disagree with the assessment.

But as a ceiling, that's pretty solid for a 9th pick.
          people forget how useless Favors was out of (and in) school on the offensive end. dude was drafted so high purely on athleticism and potential, especially for defense. Davis isn't that athletic but he's shown to be extremely efficient on both sides of the ball with great timing on blocks, something you can't really coach. nevermind he's fluid and quick enough to guard quick 4's on the perimeter. to me, you're looking at a guy that can come in and help your team defensively from the get go, and probably develop enough offense where he can open the floor for Val/play small ball C and run the floor.

to me that's the type of player we need the most to take the next step but what do i know.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            So, it's easy to trade back if Toronto doesn't want much value for the pick but if they want value it will be incredibly difficult for anyone to move up to #9 to get the pick. Got it.
            I get your point. But teams move down to collect extra assets more often than I think you realize. For example, Chicago used their 15 & 19 pick from a couple of years ago to move up to 10th to draft Doug McDermott. Denver wanted more assets cuz they were rebuilding and Chicago didn't want too many rookies cuz they were contending. They were very high on McDermott and thought the Suns were really high on him and didn't want to take the chance of him falling to them.

If teams fall in love with that one guy and he seems to be a pick or two out of their slot they would want to use up their extra assets to move up. It just comes down to what kinds of scenarios are being presented.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
              Oh man if we could walk out of this draft with Murray at 9, Sabonis at 17 and $15M cap space? Bruhhhh
              I just came
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If they do want a guy like Ross, and I don't think they do, but if they do, I'd be looking to trade up to them, not down.

My target for a trade up into the middle of the draft is the Grizzlies. I really think they could use a guy like Ross, and I'd do a Ross+27+LAC for 17 trade to grab Sabonis.
                Too steep in my opinion. Ross and 27. Got high hopes for lac pick.

I've seen two pelican blogs talk about trading back. They want to sign Crabbe but won't get him. Ross will be a lot cheaper. If murray is on the board at 6, give them Ross + 9 +27 so they can grab valentine. Clears cap to get biyombo.

Comment

• taking Sabonis at 9 would be a retarded reach. and i like Sabonis.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• it'd be like that time the Pacers took psycho T way too high and all the smart people said "uhhhh" and all the dumb people said "so much motor! he'll liven up practice!"
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      taking Sabonis at 9 would be a retarded reach. and i like Sabonis.
                      DanH solved all of our problems, we get Sabonis, Murray and cap space. Everyone can go home now
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        DanH solved all of our problems, we get Sabonis, Murray and cap space. Everyone can go home now
                        yeah but we need a difference maker, not more career bench guys.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• though i do like cap space
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            yeah but we need a difference maker, not more career bench guys.
                            Hence Murray.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              Too steep in my opinion. Ross and 27. Got high hopes for lac pick.

I've seen two pelican blogs talk about trading back. They want to sign Crabbe but won't get him. Ross will be a lot cheaper. If murray is on the board at 6, give them Ross + 9 +27 so they can grab valentine. Clears cap to get biyombo.
                              I hope your high hopes don't extend above the 15th pick in the draft sometime in the next few years or a couple second rounders, or I have bad news for you.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hence Murray.
                                :/
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X