Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• russellhantz wrote: View Post
    Um....i love JV...but if we could get Paul George for him I would do that in a heart beat.
    I don't think it would be a snap decision

JV is just scratching the surface here, and skilled 2 way big men are much more valuable than skilled 2 way wings, even one as good as George.

I would hedge my bets on finding another guard with George's skill sooner than you would find one with JV's skill.

JV-Marc Gasol-KAT...that's the short list of two way centers in the league (currently).

Cousins isn't a good defender...
    Bogut disappears...
    Drummond is overrated...
    Duncan is now too old...
    Howard is a maybe...
    Gortat isn't quite there...
    Jordan almost is because of his threat to roll, but honestly isn't a threat otherwise. Underrated passer tho...
    Gobert isn't a threat offensively...

Who am I missing?

Now how long would that short list be for 2 way wings?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      I don't think it would be a snap decision

JV is just scratching the surface here, and skilled 2 way big men are much more valuable than skilled 2 way wings, even one as good as George.

I would hedge my bets on finding another guard with George's skill sooner than you would find one with JV's skill.

JV-Marc Gasol-KAT...that's the short list of two way centers in the league (currently).

Cousins isn't a good defender...
      Bogut disappears...
      Drummond is overrated...
      Duncan is now too old...
      Howard is a maybe...
      Gortat isn't quite there...
      Jordan almost is because of his threat to roll, but honestly isn't a threat otherwise. Underrated passer tho...
      Gobert isn't a threat offensively...

Who am I missing?

Now how long would that short list be for 2 way wings?
      What are you even talking about?

Paul George is an ELITE player. A FRANCHISE player. If Bird offers you PG for JV, if you're Masai, you do that trade without even thinking, you do that trade in a HEARTBEAT lol. Bird is not that stupid though. I wouldn't trade PG for the entire Raptors roster.

Second, JV is no two way center lol. Again, what are you talking about? Gasol? really? it's not close man.

This is board is completely ridiculous when it comes to JV lol. It's absurd. He's an energy big, below average defender, good rebounder, good finisher(not great), has a developing post up game. That's all he is. So much non sense here.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        What are you even talking about?

Paul George is an ELITE player. A FRANCHISE player. If Bird offers you PG for JV, if you're Masai, you do that trade without even thinking, you do that trade in a HEARTBEAT lol. Bird is not that stupid though. I wouldn't trade PG for the entire Raptors roster.

Second, JV is no two way center lol. Again, what are you talking about? Gasol? really? it's not close man.

This is board is completely ridiculous when it comes to JV lol. It's absurd. He's an energy big, below average defender, good rebounder, good finisher(not great), has a developing post up game. That's all he is. So much non sense here.
        not sure if this is what you are saying but i would take jv over gasol.

i would also trade jv for paul george.

Comment

• I love JV, but if you can trade JV for PG, you do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

• The fact that you still think JV is a below average defender pretty well sums up how little you understand about how freaking good he was this year for us.

For your reference, JV was 10x the defender that Biz was

Comment

• JV for PG is even a question? PG is the second best player in the East who can guard 2, maybe 3 positions at a DPOY level.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                I was looking forward to the post-draft meltdown. lol. You're taking it surprisingly well.
                it was rough in the ceez household those couple days
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Promising stuff, especially because the dude sounds a bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    JV for PG is even a question? PG is the second best player in the East who can guard 2, maybe 3 positions at a DPOY level.
                    Yeah, I'd trade JV for PG.

But I think a more interesting question is whether people would give up a huge package of assets centered around JV to get George, which is really what Indy would ask (if they were even remotely open to the idea). And I think my answer would be no.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i still can't believe Milwaukee took Thon at 10
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        i still can't believe Milwaukee took Thon at 10
                        It's their 'we nailed the Giannis pick' heat check
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• while i think Ingram>Simmons i do like what the Sixers did. if they can parlay Embiid or Okafor for a good PG they could have a decent team sooner than later. Especially if they keep Brett Brown around.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• really like the Nugs draft too minus Murray. Hernangomez and Beasley were both guys i was hoping would slip to 27
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• of course the stupid spurs had a great player drop to them at a position of need
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i kind of feel like the lakers are going to be absurdly fun to watch. if they can sign a whiteside, watch out. believe or not that team actually had some talent, Byron Scott just did everything he could to tank and kept guys that'd help off the floor.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X