Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Because of workload, they allow kids in Ontario to stretch the senior year over 2 years. That was part of getting rid of the OAC year.
    yeah, now kids get to pay tuition to learn the same shit they used to learn in Gr. 13. what a great deal!

Comment

• I just feel like Thon Maker has a lot of red flags.

The guy is seven feet tall and supposedly has guard skills but never seemed to do well in any showcases?

Now he's going to be an NBA draft pick? Yeah... I'm pretty sure we can find a better Euro kid to leave overseas.

Comment

• The giys at draft express have said the nba scouts they have talked to are really down on maker. Say his small hands, mediocre frame average athletecism are causes for concern. They basically said his positives were his motor, work ethic and character, and have him as a second round pick. Not really the guy i want to go after.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          I just feel like Thon Maker has a lot of red flags.

The guy is seven feet tall and supposedly has guard skills but never seemed to do well in any showcases?

Now he's going to be an NBA draft pick? Yeah... I'm pretty sure we can find a better Euro kid to leave overseas.
          I saw somewhere where he was being sold as the next Porzingis ...and we all know how that stuff goes down in the NBA. Maybe Phil Jackson will draft him....oh wait...

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
            And Thon Maker has been cleared for the 2016 NBA Draft. Very curious where he lands in the draft, but even more so as to how this decision could set a precedent for future players to follow his lead.

Chad Ford has started Maker at 20 in his mock, while Draft Express slots him in at 40.
            My guess is he rises into the first round. GM's just love rolling the dice on prospects like him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              I'd pass on him big time, there are much much better Euro talents around our pick than Thon. Thon is tall, and that's it. He's not even long, short arms for his size. He also has a very skinny frame so probably can't put on much weight. Has played like shit against his peers. I literally have no clue why anyone likes him. Other than being tall, what has he shown you?
              He has a 7-3 wingspan...
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                The giys at draft express have said the nba scouts they have talked to are really down on maker. Say his small hands, mediocre frame average athletecism are causes for concern. They basically said his positives were his motor, work ethic and character, and have him as a second round pick. Not really the guy i want to go after.
                Anytime I hear small hands I think of Kwaaaamae Brown

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Sabonis has declared and hired an agent.
                  I'm surprised he isn't getting more attention in this discussion.
                  Do people not expect him to be available by the time we pick?
                  It might be interesting to see the Lithuanian towers up front.

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
                    I'm surprised he isn't getting more attention in this discussion.
                    Do people not expect him to be available by the time we pick?
                    It might be interesting to see the Lithuanian towers up front.
                    I think most people think he'll fall between our picks. Not quite as good as the other PF options likely to be available around #9 (Ellenson, Rabb, Chriss, Davis, Skal), but almost certainly off the board by #27.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                      I think most people think he'll fall between our picks. Not quite as good as the other PF options likely to be available around #9 (Ellenson, Rabb, Chriss, Davis, Skal), but almost certainly off the board by #27.
                      I was high on him at the beginning of the NBA season because I thought he'd be a steal at our prospective pick. I still think there's a small chance he's available at our pick and if he is; you take him no question.

But he is not good enough to pick with the NYK/DEN pick (well, that makes it sound worse than I mean it, there are just better options available at that level). He falls into the category of too good but not good enough.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking he's going somewhere in the 15 to 23 range.

If Maker is available at our pick, I don't see how we don't pick him and have him live with the 905 (having a D-League team really does increase the benefits of picking up raw prospects). Sure there's a chance he never works out; but at the end of the lottery/2nd round are the safest place for high risk picks.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• You gotta look at his shot too,is it reliable enough to space the floor ?

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
                          You gotta look at his shot too,is it reliable enough to space the floor ?
                          According to DraftExpress he's shot something like 33% from deep (what Porzingis shot this year) during the times they've scouted him. He's still not consistent but that's a great place to start for a 7 footer.

Comment

• I think that if Sabonis shows a consistent shot out to 20-22 feet he would be hard to pass up on. He is one of those hard nosed players that just gets after it. Those guys make a huge difference. He may not be t be a great rim protector, but he should be able to be a great team defender. Not saying he is my pick at 8, but I can see him as a a top 10 pick for sure.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• his best attribute is his low post scoring. he has beautiful footwork. i like sabonis. i'm a big fan of pedigree and that is a good one. there is a reason why most of a race horse owners money comes from studding

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                his best attribute is his low post scoring. he has beautiful footwork. i like sabonis. i'm a big fan of pedigree and that is a good one. there is a reason why most of a race horse owners money comes from studding
                                Sabonis seems like a very solid rebounder too, with far better raw stats than any of the other names mentioned (11 rebounds/game vs 5-9 rebounds/game). Does anyone have easy access to advanced stats on rebounding for them and/or an explanation?

I was also thinking that if he gets drafted by the Raps that his dad may spend more time with Jonas, and the three of them could work/train together in the summer to help build solid big-to-big passing between them. And who knows if any of that might happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X