No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Murray score in the NBA? Yeah, pretty much a lock.

Will he do anything else at a plus-level?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Yeah. The more assists than turnovers thing goes with isn't a big, long or quick defender for a 2. So he can't really run an offense, and can't really guard at the 2, and definitely can't guard at the 3. So you can't play him next to DeMar(neither can run an offense or guard the 3).
      When compared to Demar, Murray is a lights out shooter with unlimited range. People say he can't play D / defend 2 or 3. Well neither can Demar. But I see much better than turnstile D offered by Murray. I see defensive stance and effort. See precious little of either from Demar.

Murray will be on a rookie contract, Demar wants the max. Murray CAN run an offence. Demar can't. Murray can feed the post, Demar doesn't / can't. Murray can play point. Demar can't. Demar is a dumb basketball player, Murray isn't. Murray is a better passer than Demar. Murray is a clutch shooter. Etc.

Comment

Will Murray score in the NBA? Yeah, pretty much a lock.

Will he do anything else at a plus-level?
        what makes you think a 18 year old kid can't do anything else? are you basically saying he is kyle Korver?

where are you getting your analysis from? what is this based on? enlighten me.

Comment

• Speaking of Murray check this out

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Shooters-5609

Hield's shot chart is a Robert Morey wet dream.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Murray is gonna be a good pro, im sure he'll find a way to score and somewhat defend at the NBA level. Its all about the work he puts in and i dont think anyone can measure that with any statistics. Hes 18 years old he'll get better.

Comment

• Unless someone drops, I have a gut feeling that both picks are going to be stash selections (Korkmaz, Luwawu, Hernangomez, etc). Essentially, players that won't count against the cap next season .

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Like I said, if Murray is sitting there you grab him at #9. But I don't think he's good enough to trade up to get him.

Comment

• As Is Depth Chart

Centre: JV, Biz, Bebe
                  Power Fwd: Scola, PPat, Thompson
                  Small Fwd: Demare, JJ, Bruno
                  2 Guard: Demar, Ross, Powell
                  Point Guard: Kyle, CoJo, Wright

To Be Depth Chart

Centre: JV, Bebe, Thompson
                  Power Fwd: PPat, #27 Pick, Bruno (at 6' 9" or more and 240LBs or more he makes the move to this position)
                  Small Fwd: Demare, Ross, #9 Pick
                  2 Guard: Demar, Powell, Summer League Signing

@9 The Raptors select Jaylen Brown
                  @27 The Raptors select Juan Hernangomez
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Like I said, if Murray is sitting there you grab him at #9. But I don't think he's good enough to trade up to get him.
                    I would if the price isn't insane. I don't think Masai is much of a trade upper type guy. He would have to really really like a player for that and like with Ennis there would always be a limit of how high he would go. I doubt he is dangling much more than Ross, 9,27, clips pic etc. There won't be one "solid" asset beyond Ross and that would only be for money purposes, I think.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      I would if the price isn't insane. I don't think Masai is much of a trade upper type guy. He would have to really really like a player for that and like with Ennis there would always be a limit of how high he would go. I doubt he is dangling much more than Ross, 9,27, clips pic etc. There won't be one "solid" asset beyond Ross and that would only be for money purposes, I think.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
                      See, I'd rather trade Ross to get a PF, if we're trading him, than trade him to get yet another guard.

Comment

• Here's a question:

1) You trade up to get Murray. You use Ross and the #9 pick to do this, and you get a catch and shoot bench guy who plays maybe 10 minutes for us next year because of our guard depth, and he can't play the 3.

2) You draft Luwawu at the 9, keep Ross to trade for a PF, and get a bigger guy who might also be a plus defender.

Why is scenario 1 better than scenario 2?

Comment

See, I'd rather trade Ross to get a PF, if we're trading him, than trade him to get yet another guard.
                          i mean trades in general that masai might be working on. sorry should have specified. and i only think it is ross because of money. i think masai will try to make something from nothing essentially.

Comment

• I could see Marquese Chriss falling back to our range, if Boston doesnt take him 3rd.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              As Is Depth Chart

Centre: JV, Biz, Bebe
                              Power Fwd: Scola, PPat, Thompson
                              Small Fwd: Demare, JJ, Bruno
                              2 Guard: Demar, Ross, Powell

To Be Depth Chart

Centre: JV, Bebe, Thompson
                              Power Fwd: PPat, #27 Pick, Bruno (at 6' 9" or more and 240LBs or more he makes the move to this position)
                              Small Fwd: Demare, Ross, #9 Pick
                              2 Guard: Demar, Powell, Summer League Signing

@9 The Raptors select Jaylen Brown
                              @27 The Raptors select Juan Hernangomez
                              I'll take that. but I think Hernangomez won't drop that far, he fits a type that everyone wants now, and he looks more ready to play than most bigs in this draft.

Comment

Here's a question:

1) You trade up to get Murray. You use Ross and the #9 pick to do this, and you get a catch and shoot bench guy who plays maybe 10 minutes for us next year because of our guard depth, and he can't play the 3.

2) You draft Luwawu at the 9, keep Ross to trade for a PF, and get a bigger guy who might also be a plus defender.

Why is scenario 1 better than scenario 2?
                                i think murray has a chance to be great. i would pick him as rookie of the year next year, depending on playing time. if he goes to minny, going to be a big year. simmons should have a fantastic year lobbing to noel as well.

i think if the price for murray is 9 and ross, you do it. i like scenario two as well. luwawu looks like he could be a great great 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X