Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
    I heard sactown might move boogie for the 3rd pick from Boston. I hate the celtics they have a million draft pick's and tons of cap space, they will be contending soon again.
    I think JV is better than who ever the 3rd pick is. After Simmons and Ingram this draft is weak.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Hield wont be there.
      Im not so sure. After top 3 it'll be unbreakable
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        unpredictable I mean
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Whose the best shooter in our draft range? That Furkan kid?
          Valentine
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Honestly itll be unpredictable qfter 2. The pick could be traded and there are legit 4 guys that could go there.

Chriss was a lazy defender in college which is kind of worrisome. His shotblocking is good, but hes got to be able to stay in front of his man. Even just putting a body on someone for a rebound was an issue.

Comment

• Valentine is the anti-Demar. not crazy athletic (tho i think his lack of athleticism isn't nearly as big a deal as most) but just ridiculously efficient on offense with insane court vision. fantastic 3 point shooter. crazy high basketball IQ.

i think he'd work really well beside Lowry who is at his most dangerous playing off the ball
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Yes, I keep liking posts that say this. Valentine is my pick for the draft because of my assumption that DeRozan walks. I can't live under the assumption DeRozan is back, even if it is for less than the max. We can make up his 20 ppg in other ways -- efficiency and defense. His BPM is only 1.5.

I know people want PF.. but I don't think drafting one is the answer -- drafting big men usually means waiting and I don't want to wait. Sign a PF and draft a SG. Let DeMar waslk. That's the way to do it while maintaining our competitiveness.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                  Yes, I keep liking posts that say this. Valentine is my pick for the draft because of my assumption that DeRozan walks. I can't live under the assumption DeRozan is back, even if it is for less than the max. We can make up his 20 ppg in other ways -- efficiency and defense. His BPM is only 1.5.

I know people want PF.. but I don't think drafting one is the answer -- drafting big men usually means waiting and I don't want to wait. Sign a PF and draft a SG. Let DeMar waslk. That's the way to do it while maintaining our competitiveness.
                  Think of it like this jv gets more shots powell/ross get more shots not to mention the points we save on the defensive end. People look at deMar's stats and say where are we going to get scoring? but in reality he is not that efficient and a below average defender.

Comment

Think of it like this jv gets more shots powell/ross get more shots not to mention the points we save on the defensive end. People look at deMar's stats and say where are we going to get scoring? but in reality he is not that efficient and a below average defender.
                    Exactly. Demar's BPM is only 1.5, which is #63 in the league among those who played 1500 minute or more. We can replace him with a rookie and existing team, and then have more money to sign a PF.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

• I would love to see JV take 15-20 shots per game and just have Powell slashing or sitting in the corner.

Comment

• With the 27th overall pick the raptors select...

Thon Maker, F, Australia

Maker has been the biggest mystery man in the draft. Even after 90 minutes of watching him work out, I would say he remains so.

He aced his interviews at the combine. He tested as the second-tallest player in the draft. He has added weight and strength. His weight is up to 218 pounds and his body is starting to fill out. He could still add another 20 pounds, which shouldn't be a problem for him.

And in the drills I saw, he showed off a very solid 3-point jumper, great mobility for his position and a motor that goes nonstop. He's in great shape and he played incredibly hard.

Maker has the size, physical tools and determination to be a very good NBA player. But does he have the game?

Both Murray and Ingram say he does. They've worked out with him in 3-on-3 and even some 5-on-5 settings and vouch for him that he belongs. Until he gets on the floor in competitive situations against other top prospects, it's going to be tough to tell.

Maker is itching to get the chance to show that. He wants to move beyond his mixtapes. He knows he has a lot to learn, but he wants to prove that he can earn his keep in the league.

He has spent countless hours in the gym, and then at night is breaking down video of everyone from Kobe Bryant to Kevin Durant to Dirk Nowitzki.

But at least one GM says he thinks that his best chance to be a star will take him on a different path than those players.

"I think he'll eventually be a 5 in our league," the GM said. "He's got the size. He plays really hard. He's a tough kid. I think his defense will come along a lot quicker than the offense.

"I'd have him watch Tyson Chandler video. Rudy Gobert. Those guys were thin, too. He can do more than those guys can on the perimeter, I'm just not sure his NBA coach will want him to."

For a young man who is still seeking his identity as a player, is he really ready for the NBA?

"I will be ready," Maker said. "I will be. I'm preparing for it every day."

Workouts will be key for him. But if his workouts go as well as players like Ingram and Murray say they will, he might go in the first round. The Celtics, Sixers, Suns and Nuggets all have multiple picks. One of them might be willing to take a shot.

If they don't? Someone will likely grab him in the second round -- there's just too much intrigue to bypass.
                        http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...2016-nba-draft
                        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri May 20, 2016, 05:31 PM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Were getting that Spanish kid we talked about earlier in the thread I bet at 27th to keep him in Europe or even bring him over for the D-League.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Where are the raptors going to put all these young players? we already have Norm, Bruno, Bebe and Delon. 2 more draft picks coming in the 1st round.

Comment

Where are the raptors going to put all these young players? we already have Norm, Bruno, Bebe and Delon. 2 more draft picks coming in the 1st round.
                              The options of course are: trade picks (out or up in the draft), stash in Europe, create roster spot by not re-signing or reduction thru a 2 for 1 trade. Good problem to have now that the franchise has some cachet by getting to the ECF finals....the players I believe receive added value by being associated with such a team/org. Masai shall be busy I believe.

Comment

Where are the raptors going to put all these young players? we already have Norm, Bruno, Bebe and Delon. 2 more draft picks coming in the 1st round.
                                MU clearly talked about the possibility of trading "a" pick and or one of the young guys when he described N 9 pick as a great asset,and left the door open for trades(4 picks in next two years) to target that top tier player(s) or trading up in picks(or three way deal),at this point only God knows what's on MU's mind,and if he does like last year(didn't renew some expiring contracts) Raptors could have 2 free spots on this roster in Scola and JJ while BIZ can opt out of his player option and look for a bigger pay .

Comment

Working...
                                X