No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Hunter didn't even break 30% from 3 in the D-League. Can't really be classified as a shooter.

Comment

• Also, if Philadelphia manages to trade one of Embiid/Okafor for some wing depth (assuming Embiid gets healthy), they'll be a lot better than people think sooner than later.

Draft a PG next year as they'll be terrible again this season, and they'll have a pretty good core.

PG
      Stauskas / Okafor's trade return
      Ingram / Grant
      Saric / Covington
      Embiid / Noel

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Stauskas / Okafor's trade return
        Ingram / Grant
        Saric / Covington
        Embiid / Noel
        You think they will pass on Simmons over Ingram? that's a bold statement

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
          You think they will pass on Simmons over Ingram? that's a bold statement
          I think so.

Comment

I think so.
            I'm not sure you can say the top of the draft is pretty much set and then say the number 1 pick is going to be an upset hahaha. Most people think Simmons is still the top pick.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              I'm not sure you can say the top of the draft is pretty much set and then say the number 1 pick is going to be an upset hahaha. Most people think Simmons is still the top pick.
              The things I've seen and the people I've talked to see Ingram going #1, didn't think that was much of an upset as much as it was a pick-em situation.

Comment

• I think Simmons will go first. There is no way colangelo will mess up another 1st over all pick.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Current ranking for me for that 9th pick: Chriss, Ellenson, Skal, Davis

Current ranking for that 27th Pick: Sabonis, Zhou, Maker

If you can't tell ... I've mostly been looking at bigs.
                  I'd add Sabonis with the group for the 9th and Diallo fro the group for the 27th
                  Last edited by TheGreekGeek; Mon May 23, 2016, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Whether Ingram or Simmons goes first overall is irrelevant since they will definitely go 1&2. A $1.2 million buyout will not effect Bender's status at all. Not sure who I like with our pick yet, and I'm not endorsing this line of thinking, but what about Poeltl?

Here's my rational:

We simply can not afford Biz. He was a great, cheap signing that worked out really well for us this season and turned his career around, but we're spending about $16 million a season for the next 4 years on JV. Biz is going to get more than $10 million, and we can't tie up $26 million/year in centers. Signing a PF makes sense, but are we aren't going to get someone that can come in and make major contributions right away. We take our backup C at $2 million/yr for the next 3 years (and we've still got Bebe as well).

Moving forward, we have a bunch of wings that we can keep/trade that are on reasonable deals, the space to resign DD, and the $ to resign KL when he comes due after next season (if that's what we choose to do). Management needs to face the reality that we have the 24th highest payroll and made it the the ECF and they need to spend a few more dollars to fill the PF spot through free agency.
                    Last edited by chrisbem100; Sun May 22, 2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• chrisbem100 wrote: View Post
                      Whether Ingram or Simmons goes first overall is irrelevant since they will definitely go 1&2. A $1.2 million buyout will not effect Bender's status at all. Not sure who I like with our pick yet, and I'm not endorsing this line of thinking, but what about Poeltl?

Here's my rational:

We simply can not afford Biz. He was a great, cheap signing that worked out really well for us this season and turned his career around, but we're spending about $16 million a season for the next 4 years on JV. Biz is going to get more than $10 million, and we can't tie up $26 million/year in centers. Signing a PF makes sense, but are we aren't going to get someone that can come in and make major contributions right away. We take our backup C at $2 million/yr for the next 3 years (and we've still got Bebe as well).
                      No no no.

I'm sorry but you don't waste a lottery pick to fill a need. Picking a high floor-low ceiling guy here would drive me nuts.

Take the best player who you think will have the best career and I can pretty much guarantee that won't be Poeltl

Comment

• I'm not talking about wasting the pick- we definitely choose BPA. The thread seems to have become more of a discussion of WHICH PF we should take. I know next to nothing about Poeltl, except that he's rated around 9, could be available, and represents a thought process other than drafting a PF. Is there that much consensus that after the Top 7 (I think you can argue the exact order, but it's all the same to us in terms of who will be available at 9), the next level of players are all PFs?

Comment

• Maybe we could make a package to swap picks with Phoenix? If bender is gone they will either have to reach for a big, or draft a guard who will be buried on their bench. Our pick is a good spot for them to pick one of Chriss, Davis, or Skal.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            Maybe we could make a package to swap picks with Phoenix? If bender is gone they will either have to reach for a big, or draft a guard who will be buried on their bench. Our pick is a good spot for them to pick one of Chriss, Davis, or Skal.
                            This is Phoenix you're talking about they'd be completely fine with another guard, there GM has a guard fetish it seems
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

No no no.

I'm sorry but you don't waste a lottery pick to fill a need. Picking a high floor-low ceiling guy here would drive me nuts.

Take the best player who you think will have the best career and I can pretty much guarantee that won't be Poeltl
                              We're picking 9th.

Poeltl is rated 9th by Ford and 10th by DX. Doesn't sound like a reach or wasted pick.

As for the bold, what is a "pretty much guarantee" worth?
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                We're picking 9th.

Poeltl is rated 9th by Ford and 10th by DX. Doesn't sound like a reach or wasted pick.

As for the bold, what is a "pretty much guarantee" worth?
                                He is up so high because he is the only decent prospect at center.

Comment

Working...
                                X