Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    I'm hearing good things about poeltl outside shooting from distance from two sources in Milwaukee. He worked out for the bucks and looked good. Trying to prep myself for possible let down.
    highly doubt a guy who shot under 70% from the FT line is going to be shooting jumpshots anytime soon. there are exceptions of course (bruce bowen, iguodala) but i wouldn't count on it.

although, he went from 43% to 69% in a year, so maybe he'll shoot 95% next season.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Trying to find the next Powell more or less.
      ??? They have plenty of guards, and Alan Williams is the only PF under contract so they're looking for the next Powell?
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        highly doubt a guy who shot under 70% from the FT line is going to be shooting jumpshots anytime soon. there are exceptions of course (bruce bowen, iguodala) but i wouldn't count on it.

although, he went from 43% to 69% in a year, so maybe he'll shoot 95% next season.
        He is pretty new to the game, wouldn't be a shock to see steady improvement of his perimeter game. His shot looks ok to me, and I don't really notice it listed as a major weakness anywhere. (not sure if i've watched the draftexpress weaknesses vid or not)

Comment

Sub 70% from foul line

Dunn (all 3 yrs)
          Chriss
          Skal
          Jaylen Brown
          Luwawu
          I stopped there
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Ellenson's Grassroots Rewind

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              Scola was also 27 when he played his first season in the NBA. As a 20 year old, Sabonis has more athleticism, somewhat similar skills but not the craftiness and flowing locks - yet.

Edit: Another funny thing, DX has Phoenix drafting Sabonis at 13 with the pick from Washington. Have to wonder who each team would prefer: Markieff or Sabonis.
              He has a lot of craftiness actually. Well ahead of the curve for a 20 year old. He improved in many facets over his sophomore year.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Sub 70% from foul line

Dunn (all 3 yrs)
                Chriss
                Skal
                Jaylen Brown
                Luwawu
                I stopped there
                how many centers do you know of who are bad to middling FT shooters, who had no semblance of a jumper in their game in any fashion, who then became reliable jump shooting bigs?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  ??? They have plenty of guards, and Alan Williams is the only PF under contract so they're looking for the next Powell?
                  Lol. Not literally Powell. Sleepers, 2nd rd gems, 10 day contracts.

Comment

how many centers do you know of who are bad to middling FT shooters, who had no semblance of a jumper in their game in any fashion, who then became reliable jump shooting bigs?
                    Especially a C who has never attempted a 3 in his career yet.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Any word on more upcoming workouts ?

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
                        Any word on more upcoming workouts ?

From what I have seen I don't think they have released a list of names yet, but I did come across one that can be expected in town on Sunday: Malachi Richardson.

With the NBA draft a little over a week away, Malachi Richardson's workout schedule continues to fill up.

Richardson, the Syracuse University freshman, will work out for three NBA teams this week, according to his agent.

Richardson, a 6-foot-7 wing, will work out for the Chicago Bulls today. He will participate in a workout with the Milwaukee Bucks on Wednesday and he has a workout scheduled with the Toronto Raptors on Sunday.

The Bulls have the No. 14 pick in the NBA draft, which will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Thursday, June 23. Milwaukee has the No. 10 pick, while Toronto owns the No. 9 pick.

Richardson previously work out for the Orlando Magic, the Utah Jazz, the Phoenix Suns, the Denver Nuggets, the Memphis Grizzlies and the Atlanta Hawks.

Richardson started all 37 games for Syracuse as a freshman. He averaged 13.4 points per game. His NBA draft stock began to skyrocket during Syracuse's run to the Final Four in the NCAA tournament. He had big games in the tournament against Dayton, Virginia and North Carolina. His 21 second-half points highlighted Syracuse's come-from-behind win over Virginia in the NCAA's Midwest Region finals.

After being projected as a late first- or early second-round pick when he initially entered his name in the draft, Richarson is now seen by most recruiting analysts as a Top 20 pick. NBAdraft.net has him going to Chicago with the last pick in the NBA's lottery.
                        http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasket...rt_2box_sports

He is currently at #17 on DraftExpress. My guess is he is being treated as a potential pick for 27 if he were to drop lower than he is currently being mocked.
                        Last edited by Shantz; Fri Jun 17, 2016, 11:28 PM.
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post

From what I have seen I don't think they have released a list of names yet, but I did come across one that can be expected in town on Sunday: Malachi Richardson.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasket...rt_2box_sports

He is currently at #17 on DraftExpress. My guess is he is being treated as a potential pick for 27 if he were to drop lower than he is currently being mocked.
                          Thanks.

Comment

• I think I cooled down a bit towards drafting Skal when I finally figured out to which NBA player he reminded me the most and that's Charlie Villanueva. Charlie also had all the tools in the world to be great basketball player coming out of college but mental toughness was weak and I also remembered hearing lazy at times.

Comment

• It's simple, if no one drops from the top 8 we have to select Deyonta. Too much upside to pass up on and can play C/PF.

Comment

• Ballenthusiast wrote: View Post
                                It's simple, if no one drops from the top 8 we have to select Deyonta. Too much upside to pass up on and can play C/PF.
                                i think if no one drops i am in the lithuanian leviathans camp now. i like ellenson but i think sabonis is going to be plug and play from day one.

Comment

Working...
                                X