X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one shot

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      My concern with Davis relating to work ethic is that if you give hime a few million dollars he may not put in the work to reach his ceiling. Also I don't think you can cite rebounding , interior presence as a reason for a high motor when he plays less than 20 min a game, and i mean he has such an advantage with physical gifts that in college he doesn't need to work that hard for a defensive rebound (I never watch Michigan State so this is all speculation)
      Skal was even bigger coming into the season...how did he do rebounding?

*or rather has arguably better physical gifts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Im cool with either Scal or Davis
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Looking at his body fat measurements, he wasn't in great shape coming into his season at Kentucky.

Comment

• When Davis said that his goal in NBA is to get second contract made me kinda concerned but i don't know maybe it was nothing.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Looking at his body fat measurements, he wasn't in great shape coming into his season at Kentucky.
              So he was out of shape coming what everyone knew would be his only college season to showcase himself, and underachieved during the season largely due to his lack of toughness and aggression.

Yeah, I'm way more worried about Skal's mentality than pretty much any other lottery prospect.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                When Davis said that his goal in NBA is to get second contract made me kinda concerned but i don't know maybe it was nothing.
                YOu'd really have to have insight into the kid's character. Does it mean he wants the paycheck? Or is he just smart enough to appreciate how big it is just to make it to that 2nd contract, something lots of kids in the draft will not make it to? (And even some of those that do will be for 1-2 year "prove yourself" deals that might be the last whiff of NBA ball they ever get)

Comment

I thought it was starting 4 and backup 3?

And who are these low-post 4s you're so scared of? Sure they still exist, but is Skal getting scored on in the post a couple times going to lose us many games? Usually it's other kinds of defensive breakdowns - rotations, blow-bys, etc - that Casey yanks youngsters for (not that Skal wouldn't have his share of these).

Skal might not start, but I could see him being in the rotation as a rook.
                  Ya, I think you're right. MU referenced back up 3 not back up 5. Though if we can't afford Biz we will need someone there. To be clear though I'm not a proponent of drafting a backup C. If anything I'm in favour of drafting a 4 that could play some back up 5.

So maybe Skal could play some back up 3 or 4...

I didn't say I was afraid of any 4's. I said I didn't think Skal would match up against men 30 lbs heavier than him At the PF position for the foreseeable future. It is very hard to play against someone down low if you are physically outmatched , which Skal will be. And given that this is the NBA, I would expect that mismatch to be exploited. I don't think he's physically ready to play extended minutes as an NBA big man.

Comment

So he was out of shape coming what everyone knew would be his only college season to showcase himself, and underachieved during the season largely due to his lack of toughness and aggression.

Yeah, I'm way more worried about Skal's mentality than pretty much any other lottery prospect.
                    As you should be. Thankfully we've got Masai to make the call.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      Ya, I think you're right. MU referenced back up 3 not back up 5. Though if we can't afford Biz we will need someone there. To be clear though I'm not a proponent of drafting a backup C. If anything I'm in favour of drafting a 4 that could play some back up 5.

So maybe Skal could play some back up 3 or 4...

I didn't say I was afraid of any 4's. I said I didn't think Skal would match up against men 30 lbs heavier than him At the PF position for the foreseeable future. It is very hard to play against someone down low if you are physically outmatched , which Skal will be. And given that this is the NBA, I would expect that mismatch to be exploited. I don't think he's physically ready to play extended minutes as an NBA big man.
                      I guess my point is that post-ups aren't generally how NBA teams look to exploit mismatches these days. The offensive player needs to be a good passer because the defense sends quick doubles.

My concern with Skal is more his perimeter D. But he definitely wouldn't be playing the 3. He'd see time at the backup 5 in time, though probably not as a rook.

Backup 5 we've got Bebe as a big-body. Then you can fill in with a cheap athletic 4/5 in the Jason Thompson mold. Not a real concern IMO.
                      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Jun 18, 2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't argue that. Davis has an incredible body, not just wingspan and height. He has filled out his frame a lot more than Skal did in college. Im also not really looking to make this a Davis vs. Skal thing, just saying that Davis has been questioned about wok ethic and motor, which to me is a red flag. His physical gifts, athleticism, fluidity is undeniable, but I value those things a lot. Im not that high on Skal either tbh.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Here is a fun what if question: If Masai already knew he would sign CoJo before the draft, would he have still selected D.Wright?! Would he have gone for Bobby Portis?! Why or why not?! And is Bobby Portis talent (long term) is better then the PF's currently slated to be picked at the 9th spot?!
                          To date I still can't see the logic behind picking Wright over Portis !!

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
                            To date I still can't see the logic behind picking Wright over Portis !!
                            It's nice to not have to add a veteran 3rd PG. And Wright was good for the 905. And he's big enough and a good enough defender to play at the 2. And it's a guard's league. And some are still wanting to add another guard - Murray, Baldwin, etc.

But yeah, Portis was/is a good fit.
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Jun 18, 2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Still no vids of Sabonis shooting?
                              There was a vid of his entire workout with the Suns, but last I heard it was taken down. It was over an hour long, so i didn't watch the whole thing, but I watched most of it and his shooting was better than I thought it would be. Decent form and it went in at a good clip, I'd say near or above 50% of the time.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X