No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea why some ppl think Ross is an attractive piece to trade for....

Getting a single digit player for an eight figure contract isn't appealing at all, nvm giving you a higher pick too; that's laughable.

If we're lucky maybe a team like MEM takes him for their pick and we take back Wright & VC but let Carter go as poetic justice.

Comment

• You know after reading a couple of articles about draft busts. Majority of times it was GM drafting by need. So maybe we need to rethink drafting a PF unless we are sure he's BPA
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        I have no idea why some ppl think Ross is an attractive piece to trade for....

Getting a single digit player for an eight figure contract isn't appealing at all, nvm giving you a higher pick too; that's laughable.

If we're lucky maybe a team like MEM takes him for their pick and we take back Wright & VC but let Carter go as poetic justice.
        I think Ross is absolutely a valuable piece in a trade. Very good shooter, can be a great defender. A lot of teams might look at him and say that under the right coach, he can be a very good player. Worst case scenario, he's a microwave guy off the bench on a reasonable contract.

11m is a very reasonable contract in the new market. Dion Waiters is getting ~20m this summer.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Terrence Ross = JR Smith lite.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Terrence Ross = JR Smith lite.
            Eh. I'd say more like a better, younger version of Smith with less touches and less shot opportunities, and no history of being a locker room cancer. But similar.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              But from the Pelicans perspective. You're giving up 18 mil in cap space, the ability to pursue a max free agent, and a early lottery pick to get Terrence Ross and Cory Joseph. Really?
              idk about Joseph, but they're probably gonna let Eric Gordon go in the offseason and Ross would give them a fair price, reliable outside shooting option on the wing.

Comment

Eh. I'd say more like a better, younger version of Smith with less touches and less shot opportunities, and no history of being a locker room cancer. But similar.
                J.R. Smith's never had a reputation of being a locker room cancer, just a rep of being streaky and not super focused all the time. He's had some social media antics but that's about it.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                  J.R. Smith's never had a reputation of being a locker room cancer, just a rep of being streaky and not super focused all the time. He's had some social media antics but that's about it.
                  Eh, in New York he had some issues. Showing up for games late, stoned, etc.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    If Murray's there I consider it, but personally I'm not ready to let Joseph go.

If we can get the 6th pick by giving up Ross, 9, 27 and one of Wright/Bebe I do it. But I'd second guess myself on giving up Joseph.
                    If Murray (or Buddy) are there would make far more sense for the Pels to just pick him.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I think Ross is absolutely a valuable piece in a trade. Very good shooter, can be a great defender. A lot of teams might look at him and say that under the right coach, he can be a very good player. Worst case scenario, he's a microwave guy off the bench on a reasonable contract.

11m is a very reasonable contract in the new market. Dion Waiters is getting ~20m this summer.
                      LOL

1. Waiters is not getting that much
                      2. "can be" means nothing, he is NOT a great defender. He showed promise in his first year and since then I don't know what the hell happened because he slacks off his man way too much and allows a lot of open jumpers or has a bad tendency to think he can slide under or around screens well and tends to lose his man
                      3. We need to stop blaming Casey. Saying under the right coach is nonsense. Take a look where we are. Casey has lead this team to improvement year after year after year and he's taken a team that is lead by 2 second fiddles (at best) to an ECF and within a couple of games of a Finals appearance. If you told anyone 3-4 years ago a team led by Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan would get this far, they'd laugh in your face. Ross was given every opportunity a young player could hope for and blew it. \\

Nor is he really a "microwave" player....he's inconsistent and will have a game when he gets hot. People think he's a microwave because he'll have 4-5 games straight where he gets like 2-6 pts then he'll have one where he gets 16-18pts and rinse repeat. That's not the same thing. A microwave player is someone like Crawford who generally you can count on to come in and get 14+ppg so there's no real drop off from your starting line up's ability to score. You can't count on Ross for that at all.

Not to mention his contract is no bargain like you're trying to make it out to be. JR Smith does the exact same thing except arguably better and more often and signed a contract THIS year for $5M (which is the kind of money Ross should have gotten), Ariza makes $7M, Afflalo makes $8M, Danny Green $10M...all of them with more experience, better defence and more intangibles yet all being paid less than Ross. Even with that said none of these guys except possibly Green (who is by far the better player that still costs less) would get you any consideration for a higher pick especially when that pick could likely net you that scoring punch you're looking for x10 for a FRACTION of the cost ($2.7M)...so yeah I think that's a pass
                      Last edited by JamesNaismith; Wed May 25, 2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        LOL

1. Waiters is not getting that much
                        2. "can be" means nothing, he is NOT a great defender. He showed promise in his first year and since then I don't know what the hell happened because he slacks off his man way too much and allows a lot of open jumpers or has a bad tendency to think he can slide under or around screens well and tends to lose his man
                        3. We need to stop blaming Casey. Saying under the right coach is nonsense. Take a look where we are. Casey has lead this team to improvement year after year after year and he's taken a team that is lead by 2 second fiddles (at best) to an ECF and within a couple of games of a Finals appearance. If you told anyone 3-4 years ago a team led by Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan would get this far, they'd laugh in your face. Ross was given every opportunity a young player could hope for and blew it. \\

Nor is he really a "microwave" player....he's inconsistent and will have a game when he gets hot. People think he's a microwave because he'll have 4-5 games straight where he gets like 2-6 pts then he'll have one where he gets 18-20pts and rinse repeat. That's not the same thing. A microwave player is someone like Crawford who generally you can count on to come in and get 14+ppg so there's no real drop off from your starting line up's ability to score. You can't count on Ross for that at all.

Not to mention his contract is no bargain like you're trying to make it out to be. JR Smith does the exact same thing except arguably better and more often and signed a contract THIS year for $5M (which is the kind of money Ross should have gotten), Ariza makes $7M, Afflalo makes $8M, Danny Green $10M...all of them with more experience, better defence and more intangibles yet all being paid less than Ross. Even with that said none of these guys except possibly Green (who is by far the better player that still costs less) would get you any consideration for a higher pick especially when that pick could likely net you that scoring punch you're looking for x10 for a FRACTION of the cost ($2.7M)...so yeah I think that's a pass
                        Monta Ellis
                        I'm not blaming Casey, or claiming Ross is great. All those contracts you cited were signed under the current cap, not under the new cap, which changes things a LOT.

Waiters might very well get $20m, I wouldn't be shocked.

And Ross isn't great for our system, we're bad at generating assisted catch and shoot baskets, he's good at shooting those.

Comment

• Terrence Ross ain't a microwave, he's a broken toaster.

Comment

He has done some stupid things on the court like loosening opponents shoelaces and other antics.

Comment

I'm not blaming Casey, or claiming Ross is great. All those contracts you cited were signed under the current cap, not under the new cap, which changes things a LOT.

Waiters might very well get $20m, I wouldn't be shocked.

And Ross isn't great for our system, we're bad at generating assisted catch and shoot baskets, he's good at shooting those.
                              Not trying to be rude but I don't buy that at all...not just the part about Waiters getting $20M lol

That's total bs about catch n shoot baskets. PP, Lowry and Carroll (when his old ass body isn't broken down) all do just fine at that. Ross just doesn't bring effort consistently, in fact it borders on rarely. Ross agreed to these terms during the same time period as them but it kicks in next year but again I don't care what the "new" market is like. A player's who's only redeeming feature is shooting but does so once in a blue moon is not highly desirable regardless of cap.

Put the shoe on the other foot....

If we had the #6 pick which had a chance to draft Murray or Hield, and let's say Minny had Ross & #9...they would be laughed off the phone.

Comment

You don't know the history of J R. Smith. He seemed actually OK, until after he got drafted. That's where the shit really started

http://grantland.com/features/is-new...misunderstood/
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X