Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    That was the 90s, and it had 2 hall of famers
    ..... who were also perennial DPOY candidates. From the DX videos, Poeltl is getting pushed around pretty easily in the post.

Do we really think Dwane Casey is going to endorse drafting a rookie center who can't play D and especially soft in the post to pair with JV? That's just not going to happen.

Comment

• Bobby Marks of The Vertical with an insiders explanation of what goes on in a front office leading up to the draft. I'm only about half way through, and it is well worth the read. He explains how team's build their initial draft board, what goes on in regards to trade talks, and how/when the opinion of the medical staff can come into play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/front-o...222419810.html
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Please don't pick Sabonis

9. Toronto Raptors

Will pick: Domantas Sabonis, PF, So., Gonzaga

Ford: The Raptors' biggest need is at the 4 and they'll have a number of intriguing options here. Sabonis, Kentucky's Skal Labissiere, Marquette's Henry Ellenson and Michigan State's Deyonta Davis could all be fits. Sabonis, however, may fit best.

He is the most NBA-ready of the group, brings toughness as a rebounder and surprised NBA scouts in workouts with his shooting ability (something he didn't get to show off too often at Gonzaga). The other guys have a higher upside, but given where the Raptors are in their process, drafting a player who can fit a need right now may take precedence.

Should pick: Deyonta Davis, F, Fr., Michigan State

Bilas: Sabonis would be a really good selection here because he is productive and he plays his tail off on every play. However, I see Davis being the selection due to his size, length, athleticism and excellent potential as a rebounder and shot-blocker.

Davis has a good touch on his shot but did not have to score much for Michigan State. He has a chance to be very, very good. Per 40 Minutes, Davis averaged more than 16 points, 11.8 rebounds and 3.9 blocked shots.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Dean on Draft has his 2016 final big board up, and this guy more often than not has a more accurate than average idea of how well players will translate to the NBA if you look at his previous big boards from earlier years.

His top ten:

1. Dragan Bender
            2. Brandon Ingram
            3. Ben Simmons
            4. Kris Dunn
            5. Wade Baldwin
            6. Jakob Poeltl
            7. Chinanu Onuaku
            8. Deyonta Davis
            9. Furkan Korkmaz
            10. Timothy Luwawu

Other notable positions in his big board: Jaylen Brown 11, Jamal Murray 12, Marquese Chriss 14, Domantis Sabonis 17, Denzel Valentine 20, Buddy Hield 21 (!), Skal Labissiere 34, Malachi Richardson 87 (!).

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Please don't pick Sabonis
              Pick Davis, please. He is easily the safest pick and still has considerable upside if he can improve his shooting. Has NBA ready rebounding and rim-protection.

Luwawu is my second choice, as that Swiss Army Knife type of athletic 3 & D wing player that every team needs. Also has NBA ready defense.

Skal is third choice, only because of potential, but I doubt he realizes that upside. Gut feel is that he'll be a career tease, a bit like Bargnani.
              Last edited by golden; Tue Jun 21, 2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Actually Dan, there seems to be no consensus as to the exact meaning of consensus.

Oxford dictionary:

If consensus has to be unanimity, how could it be growing, unless it is like athletes who give 110%?
                Even Oxford lists unanimity in it's synonyms list.

there was consensus among most delegates
                agreement, harmony, concord, like-mindedness, concurrence, consent, common consent, accord, unison, unity, unanimity, oneness, solidarity, concert
                I expect the "growing" usage is simply an alternative to saying "approaching" a consensus. A common enough turn of phrase. Alternatively, it could be the usage was in the sense of the group that had a consensus (those individuals who agreed on the subject) was increasing in number - a growing consensus.

But in the sense of something being "the" consensus, it is an agreed upon conclusion. If there are people who disagree (certainly, if a full third of a meaningful sample disagree) there is clearly no consensus on the topic at hand.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                  Dean on Draft has his 2016 final big board up, and this guy more often than not has a more accurate than average idea of how well players will translate to the NBA if you look at his previous big boards from earlier years.

His top ten:

1. Dragan Bender
                  2. Brandon Ingram
                  3. Ben Simmons
                  4. Kris Dunn
                  5. Wade Baldwin
                  6. Jakob Poeltl
                  7. Chinanu Onuaku
                  8. Deyonta Davis
                  9. Furkan Korkmaz
                  10. Timothy Luwawu

Other notable positions in his big board: Jaylen Brown 11, Jamal Murray 12, Marquese Chriss 14, Domantis Sabonis 17, Denzel Valentine 20, Buddy Hield 21 (!), Skal Labissiere 34, Malachi Richardson 87 (!).
                  Onuaku would be an interesting pickup at 27.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i don't mind richardson... if we had a second round pick.

i always feel like efficiency is a good way to tell how a player will do in the pros, regardless of what program and division or whatever they were a part of and Richardson is terribly inefficient. he doesn't even have the athleticism to make you say ok well maybe we can mold him into a decent 6th man.

big no thanks
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• on the flipside a guy like brice johnson was crazy efficient and when you look at his athleticism i don't really know why he isn't ranked higher. i'd take him at 27 in a heartbeat.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Agree to disagree on consensus guys, c'mon. Or start a consensus definition thread. Some people still think the world is flat, just saying.

Comment

• doesn't have great size, i guess, but man. that athleticism and efficiency. his defense and range on offense needs work but i see a guy you can mold into a good player.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Onuaku would be an interesting pickup at 27.
                            for sure. efficient and athletic!
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Seems like we're heavily linked to Sabonis....what a disaster/waste of a lone lottery pick for years to come.

#WETHEROLEPLAYER

Comment

• MU keeps a TIGHT ship. it's draft pundits doing the linking, not people with any actual info.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X