Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    I don't think it's much of a reach.

If Brown is gone by 9, which I expect him to be, I tentatively like Luwawu more than any of the PF's or Valentine.
    Some have projected him to go mid to late teens. Not sure but you might be able to get something to move back and get him.

Comment

• If we sign a guard, I want Terrance Jones from the Rockets as our starting PF.

Comment

• Luwawu would have no use on this team. 9th pick is reach for him anyway even if he would be useful to us.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          Luwawu would have no use on this team. 9th pick is reach for him anyway even if he would be useful to us.
          He looks like he has true star potential, and plays a position of potential need with demarre's injury history, age, and declining play. drafting a big is more of a gamble. Signing someone like Tjones is more of a sure thing, and he could produce right away while Luwawu develops.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            He looks like he has true star potential, and plays a position of potential need with demarre's injury history, age, and declining play. drafting a big is more of a gamble. Signing someone like Tjones is more of a sure thing, and he could produce right away while Luwawu develops.
            Ball handling and shooting off the dribble are some of his biggest struggles right now and in Casey's offense, we need that at the wing position. Plus we're pretty damn deep at the wing spots. I don't think he ends up being much better than Terrence Ross.

And if TJones is anything other than a risk, he won't come cheap.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Ball handling and shooting off the dribble are some of his biggest struggles right now and in Casey's offense, we need that at the wing position. Plus we're pretty damn deep at the wing spots. I don't think he ends up being much better than Terrence Ross.

And if TJones is anything other than a risk, he won't come cheap.
              He can develop those skills, just like Jimmy and PG did. When I say Tjones is more of a sure thing, I mean he is more of a sure thing compared to the draft. We probably won't get any 4 better than him in the draft, so we should use the pick on something else.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                Some have projected him to go mid to late teens. Not sure but you might be able to get something to move back and get him.
                While you 'might' be able to do something like that, the small sample-size suggests Ujiri tends to take the guy he likes best with the pick he has, rather than trading down and picking up an extra asset. He probably could have traded down a bit and still grabbed Bruno, too. Even Delon Wright was scouted to go much later in the first and Ujiri probably could have traded down and still had a solid shot.

Now, maybe it's just that they couldn't find a taker in these situations. But After the Caboclo draft, it certainly sounded like Ujiri had locked in on Ennis or Caboclo, and there wasn't a lot of trying to maximize the value there.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  While you 'might' be able to do something like that, the small sample-size suggests Ujiri tends to take the guy he likes best with the pick he has, rather than trading down and picking up an extra asset. He probably could have traded down a bit and still grabbed Bruno, too. Even Delon Wright was scouted to go much later in the first and Ujiri probably could have traded down and still had a solid shot.

Now, maybe it's just that they couldn't find a taker in these situations. But After the Caboclo draft, it certainly sounded like Ujiri had locked in on Ennis or Caboclo, and there wasn't a lot of trying to maximize the value there.
                  I guess. The only difference here is that this is a lottery pick, and far more valuable as you move up in the lottery. More teams may be interested in picking up a top 10 pick compared to a pick in the early to mid 20s.

Comment

• Last edited by Masai Uhearme; Thu May 26, 2016, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                      It's like the 90's ate a bad bronto burger and then threw up all over this poor man.

Comment

• Looks like he is related to CoJo.

Comment

• The Raptors have a random/minor connection with Skal, as he recently spent a week training with former Assistant Coach, Bill Bayno. Can't Can't video on mobile, but worth a watch. Bayno raves about him in workouts.

From @HoopsHype
                          "Former Raptors assistant Bill Bayno is working with draft prospect Skal Labissiere. https://t.co/e7fbUBqYIT
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Physicality is a major issue for Skal. its great that hes already working on improving his weakness, just goes to show what kind of future player he'll be. I have yet to read an article that says Skal is lazy or unwilling to improve and honestly i think we draft him. He's Masai's kinda guy, high ceiling/upside, freak length and crazy athleticism.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                                Physicality is a major issue for Skal. its great that hes already working on improving his weakness, just goes to show what kind of future player he'll be. I have yet to read an article that says Skal is lazy or unwilling to improve and honestly i think we draft him. He's Masai's kinda guy, high ceiling/upside, freak length and crazy athleticism.
                                And Bayno is well respected as player development coach. Granted, as he I getting paid to help Skal I take his words with a grain of salt (I'd take him top 2), but bringing him in to work on physicality is a good step for Skal's development on a potential weakness.
                                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Working...
                                X