No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors this season were 24-3 when they generated more assists than their opponents. The team that wins the assist battle is 66-21 in the playoffs. Assists matter, and they help you win. We need players that play a team game, not guys who hero ball. We already have a lot of hero ball guys, Murray is another one. I find it hard to fathom that more ISO hero ball is the answer.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• You know what trumps assists? Talent.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Raptors this season were 24-3 when they generated more assists than their opponents. The team that wins the assist battle is 66-21 in the playoffs. Assists matter, and they help you win. We need players that play a team game, not guys who hero ball. We already have a lot of hero ball guys, Murray is another one. I find it hard to fathom that more ISO hero ball is the answer.
        That does make a ton of sense. And I would argue high-IQ bigs who can get assists are a godsend as much as shooters with extended range, if less, um... sexy.

Who would you pick at #9 then? Chriss and Skal, as much as I like them, and I do... But from what little I've seen from them, they don't necessarily project as great passers. Davis, I admit I don't know much about him other than he's very athletic and projects as a great defender.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          You know what trumps assists? Talent.
          Actually, I'd say talent generates assists. At least elite talent.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Actually, I'd say talent generates assists. At least elite talent.
            Well Murray would be the most talented player if he's there at 9.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Does Nando de Colo even wants to come back to NBA?
              There's good money to be made, so I don't see why not.

Listen, if Murray falls to us that's great - you thank your lucky stars and figure out how to make it work. I'm just not pining after him. The shooting looks great but he's going to get beaten up at the 2-spot if that's where he'd play.

Comment

• Don't know how he bombed his interview. Seems like a normal guy.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I don't hate Deyonta's stroke. And I think he's most likely the guy.

Comment

• I'm surprised there are so many comparisons here between murray and derozan/Ross. I see him more like Lowry. I'm more of an eye test guy than stats and the thing I love most about murray is that he's a gamer.
                    If we take poetl or Davis I will feel like we got a mid 1st pick but if murray falls to us I will feel like we got an actual top 10 lotto pick.
                    He was the only "Kentucky" player on Kentucky this year.

Comment

• You draft Murray and trade Ross and filler for a PF, it will be a beautiful thing.

Comment

• Poll: Who do you think the Raps will draft with the 9th Pick

yo, I'm new to this so if someone more saavy wants to make a new and improved thread then that's great. I debated whether to make it a poll of who people want to draft vs. who they think masai will pick. Consider "other" section for trading the pick, or someone not listed, etc...

Comment

• i checked skal. i just think that will be the pick. he does look able to shoot and has the length so coveted by the team. i think that he could spend some starters minutes next to bigV where on offense he is just a shooting option. really not the pick i wanted which would be murray/chriss/ellenson/davis. if murray drops i think we will take him. but otherwise i think skal/davis will be the pick
                          Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Jun 3, 2016, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Not much talk of Furkan Korkmaz here. From what I can tell, he has great offensive potential and is an awful defender. He is a great shooter, playmaker, is a good jumper with height and length but is slow weighs very little and as I said a poor defender. Not sure if you want to draft and stash at 9, but he is so gifted offensively that I would put him up with Luwawu. Korkmaz is a better shooter and one of the best playmakers at the wing position, which are two things every offense needs, and I like a wing who is a playmaker. Plus still only 18

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              i checked skal. i just think that will be the pick. he does look able to shoot and has the length so coveted by the team. i think that he could spend some starters minutes next to bigV where on offense he is just a shooting option. really not the pick i wanted which wouold be murray/chriss/ellenson/davis. if murray drops i think we will take him. but otherwise i think skal/davis will be the pick
                              Yeah, I pretty much feel the same. I'd drop ellenson though. He's got good footwork but moves like he has cement in his shoes. I don't like his attitude, defense and body fat.
                              I think Davis is more of a Casey guy and skal is more a Masai guy.
                              Can't predict trades obviously but Masai has built wright, Powell, Bruno, _, bebe as his youth core. The current starters are mostly by BC. I'd say Chriss, Skal and luwawu fit the youth core.

Comment

• Most boards have us taking Poeltl, so why is no one at least emtertaining the idea of us drafting this guy. I know he's a centre, but most people agree that BPA/most potential is the way to go. Btw Davis/Chriss are my guys I just want to hear more about Chipotle and his fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X