Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Yeah last year's draft was supposedly weak. Nobody knows shit except an educated guess until they start playing nba games. And I mean nobody.
    Was last year's draft considered weak? I remember people being super excited about it. I think it was more of a 'latebloomer' draft, people didn't go nuts about it for years, but when it got closer, it got pretty hyped up.

Comment

• If Lakers end up with Simmons, is there any reason for them to keep Randle? Some will argue that you could play Simmons at SF but there would be serious spacing issues if you start both him and Randle at the forward spots. So if Lakers actually are looking for another top 10 pick, Ross+9th for Randle?
      Lakers do it to get that other pick and some shooting, we do it to offload Ross and get a beast of a young PF.
      Thoughts?

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
        If Lakers end up with Simmons, is there any reason for them to keep Randle? Some will argue that you could play Simmons at SF but there would be serious spacing issues if you start both him and Randle at the forward spots. So if Lakers actually are looking for another top 10 pick, Ross+9th for Randle?
        Lakers do it to get that other pick and some shooting, we do it to offload Ross and get a beast of a young PF.
        Thoughts?
        yes, for me. love randle

Comment

• Randle is a good double/double machine.. but he can't shoot for sh!t. Look at his shot chart last year:

He was on a bad team.. but that's pretty ugly.

He's young and has time to improve.. but personally I'd prefer a floor spacer next to JV. Even if its just from the mid range.

Comment

• Are we sure Lakers want to be good?
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Randle is a good double/double machine.. but he can't shoot for sh!t. Look at his shot chart last year:

He was on a bad team.. but that's pretty ugly.

He's young and has time to improve.. but personally I'd prefer a floor spacer next to JV. Even if its just from the mid range.
              He actually has a nice looking shot tho. I wouldn't be surprised to see massive improvements on that shot chart next year.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                He actually has a nice looking shot tho. I wouldn't be surprised to see massive improvements on that shot chart next year.
                If the trade is #9 and #27 for Randle I'd do it.. but I wouldn't include Ross in that deal. Randle *might* improve, but its no lock. Would then either keep Ross or use his contract to bring back BB.

Comment

• Randle is as one dimensional as can be, no thanks
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    This is why I say it is about coachability and work ethic for ellenson.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
                    I like the work ethic but the guy scares me. His form on every exercise he is doing there is awful. It just looks unathletic... like his chest press, head is rocking, wrists are wonky and all bent, back is moving as well. Push ups and squats too. Its all fragmented. While he may be coordinated, that won't help him at the next level where everyone is just as coordinated but doesn't have fragmented body movements.

Hard no on this guy unless its with the 27

Comment

• this guy at 27! For all the people that want Ellenson, here is the much better version. The shoot is significantly smoother, actually has a respectable 3pt%, played against men for a while now and is much much more explosive. Only reason he's not as high as Ellenson is cause he's from Europe.

Juan Hernangomez is the best possible case for our 27!

Comment

• j_val_for_mayor wrote: View Post
                        I like the work ethic but the guy scares me. His form on every exercise he is doing there is awful. It just looks unathletic... like his chest press, head is rocking, wrists are wonky and all bent, back is moving as well. Push ups and squats too. Its all fragmented. While he may be coordinated, that won't help him at the next level where everyone is just as coordinated but doesn't have fragmented body movements.

Hard no on this guy unless its with the 27
                        Didn't watch the workout but what you're describing to me indicates a weak core. That can lead to all sorts of injuries including back injuries. The back is a tough one to play through.

Comment

• yeah i like Hernangomez a lot actually. really good motor. he's kind of useless on defense right now but he's definitely got the tools to at least hold his own down the road.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• It's not a weightlifting competition or tryout for the debate team. Writing off a 18-23 yr old for any single thing like that is just silly to me.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              It's not a weightlifting competition or tryout for the debate team. Writing off a 18-23 yr old for any single thing like that is just silly to me.
                              I don't know if anyone is doing that. These are athletes though. They should know how to lift and have good form. They should be strong and appear strong. Just simple stuff to add to the file when you're doing player evaluations I think.

Comment

• j_val_for_mayor wrote: View Post

this guy at 27! For all the people that want Ellenson, here is the much better version. The shoot is significantly smoother, actually has a respectable 3pt%, played against men for a while now and is much much more explosive. Only reason he's not as high as Ellenson is cause he's from Europe.

Juan Hernangomez is the best possible case for our 27!
                                Yup Rather take Juan at 27 then Ellenson at 9.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X