Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Ouch. Better not to think about these things.

Anyway, I'm a little bit in love with Taurean Prince right now. I don't know where Chad Ford has him, but i see on draftexpress he's 16, so I guess he's outside our range.

He reminded me of Gerald Wallace. Also reminded of Carroll, but I think he will play a bit more inside than Carroll, more PF, while still being able to shoot 3s.
    I like Prince as well, but as was mentioned, 9 is a bit too high for him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I'll eat my Raptors hat if Ujiri takes Poeltl at 9. You don't use lotto picks on backups. Even if JV weren't here I'm not sold on this guy being able to get it done in the NBA anytime soon against starter level pros. JV was a much better prospect and it even took him a while. So the question is asked: what the hell draft gurus?
      Disagree, the only thing that kept JV off the floor was defense. Poeltl is a head of JV at the age defensively.

Im fan of drafting a young back up Center in the lottery especially when you already have Bebe on the team.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Who cares if he doesn't have star potential and is a bit of a reach at 9, i want Taureen Prince. He's like a young Demarre Carroll and maybe he could become a better scorer than Patterson.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Skal's stock is going to rise after he's Pro day.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Skal's stock is going to rise after he's Pro day.
            Lets hope someone like Jamal Murray falls into Toronto's lap as a result.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
              Who cares if he doesn't have star potential and is a bit of a reach at 9, i want Taureen Prince. He's like a young Demarre Carroll and maybe he could become a better scorer than Patterson.
              I really don't see us drafting a 3&D guy at 9. Yes its a poor draft after 2, but to draft a guy who is supposed to top out as a very good role player is not appealing.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                I really don't see us drafting a 3&D guy at 9. Yes its a poor draft after 2, but to draft a guy who is supposed to top out as a very good role player is not appealing.
                He's projected to get drafted in the same draft slot/range that PPat was drafted at in a similar draft in terms of talent depth.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Disagree, the only thing that kept JV off the floor was defense. Poeltl is a head of JV at the age defensively.

Im fan of drafting a young back up Center in the lottery especially when you already have Bebe on the team.
                  Sabonis destroyed him. Wait until he faces NBA centers. He won't be ready for a big role next year.

Comment

I'll eat my Raptors hat if Ujiri takes Poeltl at 9
                    Did you see the Cavs fan who literally ate his shirt when the Warriors came back to beat the Thunder? That could be you.

Only question is, what kind of hat is it?
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Sabonis destroyed him. Wait until he faces NBA centers. He won't be ready for a big role next year.
                      Yeah, Poetl looks about as ready as Myers Leonard did, which is not much. Got bullied by college big man in Sabonis, he'd be lucky to hold his own against Ajinca level backups this season.

He may develop down the road but I just don't see much of a ceiling there. There will be better players drafted after him and maybe some worse ones before him but he'll never be that guy you really regret passing on. Skal, Davis, Luwawu or Chriss could all be regrets for some teams in our range.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                        Who cares if he doesn't have star potential and is a bit of a reach at 9, i want Taureen Prince. He's like a young Demarre Carroll and maybe he could become a better scorer than Patterson.
                        Do you really think he's a better wing prospect than Luwawu or Brown? Because to draft Prince that high, you are likely passing on one of them at 9 plus several promising bigs.

I've seen Prince mocked post lotto with midround value. Hard to really take him over players that would be available at 9 when he might only be the 4th or 5th best wing prospect in the draft.

Comment

• Lu-wa-wu! Lu-wa-wu!

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• damn!
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• bruh
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X