Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Draftexpress also has Murray getting drafted one spot ahead of us by the Pelicans. I hope that doesn't happen.
    Pelicans would be a good fit for Murray though...whereas we aren't

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Summer of 2023 lol

Lets bring him home.

Comment

I'd rather see Murray on the Raptors. I really couldn't care less about the Pelicans. This is assuming if Murray is available when its the Raptors' turn to draft.

Comment

big, ball handling guard who can slash and shoot? sounds like a perfect fit for us. if not murray i like ellinson.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            big, ball handling guard who can slash and shoot? sounds like a perfect fit for us. if not murray i like ellinson.
            Yes, between Lowry, DD, Cory, Ross, and Carroll...Murray will get a ton of time to develop.. come on

Honestly the Raptors is not a good spot for Murray to go if he wants to have a good NBA career

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              We really don't need guards, unless you're counting on Lowry/DeMar both walking in free agency. Why use a top 10 pick on a guy who wouldn't be starting for at least 5 years on our team, if we're keeping our All-Stars?
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• The way the game has evolved and the way Murray is playing, he'd be a top 5 pick maybe even top 3. The Raps have zero chance of drafting him.

We need a PF, and there are a couple of really good/intriguing PF's in this year's draft:

1. Ivan Rabb
                2. Skal Labissiere
                3. Brice Johnson

Rabb is my #1 choice. Labissiere is the most intriguing. He's a high risk, high reward type of player. Johnson is the most NBA ready.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yes, between Lowry, DD, Cory, Ross, and Carroll...Murray will get a ton of time to develop.. come on

Honestly the Raptors is not a good spot for Murray to go if he wants to have a good NBA career
                  If we get Murray, you can bet Ross is on the move as part of a package for a big name PF. He'd get minutes.

If we don't get Murray, we probably draft one of the many top PF's and keep Ross and let Patterson start (finally), and hope the PF grows into a real difference maker quickly.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    If we get Murray, you can bet Ross is on the move as part of a package for a big name PF. He'd get minutes.

If we don't get Murray, we probably draft one of the many top PF's and keep Ross and let Patterson start (finally), and hope the PF grows into a real difference maker quickly.
                    I would rather have Ross and move DD...

Seriously the spacing Ross provides is really hard to come by. Doesnt even need to put up huge numbers to impact the game

Comment

• Now here's a good video. Although Hayes has SF type speed, Davis was able to stay in front of him and bother him on screens and in post up situations showing sound defensive fundamentals. 7'2 wingspan and quick feet.... Exactly the type of PF JV needs beside him on defense.

Comment

• Davis showed really really good footwork there against Hayes.

He is projected #12 right now on DE. Doesnt project to be a stretch 4 with his poor FT % (58%). But if we end up picking in that 8-12 range I would grab him over anyone else listed from 8-15 range...with maybe Rabb as an exception

He looks to be a great defender and efficient player at the PF ala Amir

Comment

Davis showed really really good footwork there against Hayes.

He is projected #12 right now on DE. Doesnt project to be a stretch 4 with his poor FT % (58%). But if we end up picking in that 8-12 range I would grab him over anyone else listed from 8-15 range...with maybe Rabb as an exception

He looks to be a great defender and efficient player at the PF ala Amir
                          So much freaking time until the draft. I think one or two of these PF's floating around the top 15 are going to separate themselves from the pack by June. Ellenson, Davis, Jones, Rabb, Skal. We will also have to consider Murray, Hield, Luwawu. If we end up with the 6th pick, Bender could be there.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Keep it simple. Just draft the best player on the board and thank your lucky stars you got a top 6/7/8 pick for Andrea Bargnani. If it's Murray that's awesome. You have an embarrassment of riches on the perimeter in a perimeter oriented league. If it's a PF that's great, too. You have a potential down-the-line starter at a position of weakness. Depending on how they address the PF spot (and 100% guaranteed it won't be with a rookie or Patrick Patterson starting) whoever they draft can slide into a late rotation role and hopefully a starting role in a couple years.

Comment

• From the little I've looked at Draft Express it doesn't seem like any of the top PF prospects can shoot the 3, and a stretch 3 is our only true need.

Are these PFs supposed to be good enough to develop an outside shot?

Comment

• Not sure if you're counting Ellenson as a 'top' PF prospect, but he's definitely shown enough to be a stretch big prospect.

Comment

Working...
                                X