Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    He's a rookie man. Just wait. Future is bright for him
    I don't disagree. I'm just saying, the idea that he was going to step in and play 20+ min on a contender in year 1 always seemed a bit ridiculous.

He's going to be a nice player, and needs room to grow, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's not gong to have rookie issues this year.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Murray was pretty good last night. 16 points with 7 rebounds and 6 assists. He's not a great defender and that will take time.. and that might have cost him minutes under Casey. But offensively I would not be surprised at all if Murray out produces Ross by the end of the year.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Remember "We should dump Ross and Wright and pick up Jamal Murray, he can play 20 min a night for a contender this year"?

Have you guys watched him in preseason?

You wouldn't want to need Jamal Murray 20 min a night this year.
        that may have been a bit of Canadian fever talking
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Murray was pretty good last night. 16 points with 7 rebounds and 6 assists. He's not a great defender and that will take time.. and that might have cost him minutes under Casey. But offensively I would not be surprised at all if Murray out produces Ross by the end of the year.
          From what I've seen, Murray is perfectly fine against other rookies/guys trying out/bench guys. But against starters, not so much.

He also took 17 shots to get those 16 points.

Comment

• It's preseason. Really doesn't mean anything.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              that may have been a bit of Canadian fever talking
              i wouldn't be so angry with that trade. murray is going to be good.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                i wouldn't be so angry with that trade. murray is going to be good.
                Ya it's 2 fringe players for a top 5 pick, you do that trade every day of the week.

Comment

• I really hope this doesn't become another Barnes/Ross situation with us missing out on this kid by one pick. He looks so good out there already......damn you ping pong balls!

https://youtu.be/CmdiLYLcwBo

Comment

• Murray is going to be good, in a few years.

Here's the problem with that trade: When Murray peaks, DeMar/Lowry's primes are likely over. And Murray, by himself, isn't going to carry us to a championship. So it's not a 'win now' move, and it's not a 'win later' move.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      I really hope this doesn't become another Barnes/Ross situation with us missing out on this kid by one pick. He looks so good out there already......damn you ping pong balls!

https://youtu.be/CmdiLYLcwBo
                      Ohh it no doubt is...also considering what SAC accepted for that pick we could have probably got that done easily too.

It's going to be tearworthy by the time Chriss is finishing up his rookie contract and developed more.

Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Murray is going to be good, in a few years.

Here's the problem with that trade: When Murray peaks, DeMar/Lowry's primes are likely over. And Murray, by himself, isn't going to carry us to a championship. So it's not a 'win now' move, and it's not a 'win later' move.
                      I am happy with what a see of "2 preseason games" Ross ala 13-game Bargnani but if we go based on "win-now" as being the rationale neither Wright or Ross (up to this point) really do much more to supposedly put us over the top. Just because Murray won't "carry us to a championship" (there are very few players per decade that fit that billing btw) doesn't mean you don't take him if he has all-star potential IF the asking price was what was being suggested of a rotation player (who is being phased out by Powell unless he can remain in pre-season form which also probably triggered this new look Ross but annnyways) and a 3rd string PG. In fact, that has to be one of the poorest rationales I've heard to pass on a potential future all-star for a bench wing and 3rd string player because he doesn't put you over the top now especially when they don't either but whatever. Didn't happen and I think if anything it would have been our #9, Powell and something else.
                      Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Oct 10, 2016, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Murray is going to be good, in a few years.

Can't it be both? Tayshaun Prince was integral to the Pistons and a full-time starter in his 2nd year even though he missed half his rookie season

Comment

• Poeltl is soft man ... The Kid is too soft for NBA.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            Poeltl is soft man ... The Kid is too soft for NBA.
                            I'm sure they said the same thing about Bosh after 4 preseason games....

Comment

Ah yes, the white European big is too soft for the nba.

Maybe we should let him play a real game first. Or turn 21.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Which is why for once I'm kinda happy Casey is calling out a player.

Poeltl has to play a lot tougher. He's very crafty but he's gotta be willing to take the hits and keep moving forward, that's how winning is done - Rocky Balboa

Comment

Working...
                                X