Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit wrote: View Post
    I haven't seen his name popped up much, but what's everyone think of Korkmaz? I don't know why but I've found him intriguing all year.

Pretty much every issue I see with the kid comes down to strength. I don't think he has the frame to really bulk up but a good focus on lower body and core strength and i think most of the concerns could be addressed. Would love to know what the results of a top end month long strength regime would look like.
    I really like Korkmaz. He is 18 and is one of the best offensive players in the draft. Very advanced passer and shooter. Also he is one of the youngest guys in the draft so there is a lot of time to work on his weaknesses. Won't ever be a great defender but hes got some physical tools so if he adds some weight he can probably defend wings in the league. I believe he is 6'8 and runs the pnr well, which us impressive.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Scola as he was in his prime years would be good value.
      Thank you. It's been mentioned a few times that Sabonis' ceiling is Scola. Luis averaged 14.5pts and 7.7 rebounds his first 5 years in Houston, and is probably the most consistent per 36 player you can find in the NBA over the course of his career. If Sabonis can come in here and contribute like that, I would love to have him on board. Finding a superstar is extremely rare in this league.

Comment

• Scola was also 27 when he played his first season in the NBA. As a 20 year old, Sabonis has more athleticism, somewhat similar skills but not the craftiness and flowing locks - yet.

Edit: Another funny thing, DX has Phoenix drafting Sabonis at 13 with the pick from Washington. Have to wonder who each team would prefer: Markieff or Sabonis.
        Last edited by Mess; Fri Jun 17, 2016, 01:28 PM.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          Scola was also 27 when he played his first season in the NBA. As a 20 year old, Sabonis has more athleticism, somewhat similar skills but not the craftiness and flowing locks - yet.

Edit: Another funny thing, DX has Phoenix drafting Sabonis at 13 with the pick from Washington. Have to wonder who each team would prefer: Markieff or Sabonis.
          Craftiness can be called experience and intelligence. Give him time, it will probably come.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Our starting C is pretty young(I believe Jonas is only 24?). It wouldn't make sense to draft another C who'll likely be Jonas' backup.
            Best player on the board. We reached for Ross because we had JV in 2012. Draft the best player available and work it out later.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Craftiness can be called experience and intelligence. Give him time, it will probably come.
                Oh I know. I'm not against Sabonis or the comparison. His passing and post play already show a pretty good feel for the game. Not worried about that. Just tempering expectations a bit when numbers get thrown out there.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Best player on the board. We reached for Ross because we had JV in 2012. Draft the best player available and work it out later.
                  Is he one of the top 10 prospects in this draft though? i'm not sure. Sabonis, Skal, D. Murray, Davis, Korkmaz...all better prospects than Poetl in my opinion.

This is not like 2012 with Drummond. Poetl is not Andre Drummond.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Is he one of the top 10 prospects in this draft though? i'm not sure. Sabonis, Skal, D. Murray, Davis, Korkmaz...all better prospects than Poetl in my opinion.

This is not like 2012 with Drummond. Poetl is not Andre Drummond.
                    For me, the difference is not simply "better player."

With Drummond, he was clearly a tier above Ross. As Colangelo put it, he was a top 5 pick by talent. So the Raptors went down a tier to reach for a guy that fit better. Always a bad idea.

With Poeltl, I think even if he is listed as BPA by scouts, DX, etc, he's in the same talent tier as guys like Skal, Sabonis, Davis. So it's not a reach to grab one of them instead if they fit your culture/team/roster/expectations better.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Because we're Canadian and he's 1/19th Canadian ......
                      http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...l-path-pay-off

Comment

I swear you change your mind on who the best player available will be daily lol

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Because we're Canadian and he's 1/19th Canadian ......
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...l-path-pay-off
                          Maker comes across as trying to beat the system and dupe some NBA GM into guaranteeing him 1st round money by avoiding any competition which could expose his flaws. He looked extremely underwhelming at his Raps draft workout recently. DX has dropped him out of the 1st round and now projected 35th. He looks like as much of a project as Bruno.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            I swear you change your mind on who the best player available will be daily lol
                            No consensus in this draft. Really hoping raps just trade the pick. This draft is weak.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

No consensus in this draft. Really hoping raps just trade the pick. This draft is weak.
                              I don't think it is that weak...

Just that at #9, there likely aren't any superstars and that's what the Raptors really really need

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Maker comes across as trying to beat the system and dupe some NBA GM into guaranteeing him 1st round money by avoiding any competition which could expose his flaws. He looked extremely underwhelming at his Raps draft workout recently. DX has dropped him out of the 1st round and now projected 35th. He looks like as much of a project as Bruno.
                                Can't be worse than Ivan Chiriaev...

Comment

Working...
                                X