No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Masai is confident in retaining Biz, he might lean power forward. But having a starter at a position should not be enough to pass on the BPA. That said, Skal could be the better prospect. Hard to know how far he's come since his struggles at Kentucky.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      If Masai is confident in retaining Biz, he might lean power forward. But having a starter at a position should not be enough to pass on the BPA. That said, Skal could be the better prospect. Hard to know how far he's come since his struggles at Kentucky.
      What do you think skal has over poeltl, he doesn't impress me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        Like I said drafting one of those guys is like drafting Ross over Drummond. Everyone and their mother knew u could pencil drummond as a starter on half the teams in the league day one vs potential Ross...11 mil later he is still s and we talking about packaging him with our number 9 pick to get something anything of value. We need a power forward but those guys are reaches

Dude, who says they are reaches?

Draftexpress current mock:

9: Poeltl (C)
        10. Ellenson (PF)
        11. Skal (PF)
        12. Baldwin (PG)
        13. Sabonis (PF)

Drummond was a guy ranked as high as 2nd for months leading into the draft and still a consensus top 10 pick at the draft, where we reached for Ross, who was ranked in the 16-18 range. That's a reach.

Picking a guy ranked 10-13 over the guy ranked 9th? Nevermind how many other mocks have these players drafted higher than Poeltl.

This is not remotely comparable to the Ross reach.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What do you think skal has over poeltl, he doesn't impress me

Basically everything you would want from a PF - better quickness, better agility, better shooting, better ball handling, higher defensive potential, higher offensive potential... He's not much of a rebounder but that's more important in a C than in a PF.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Basically everything you would want from a PF - better quickness, better agility, better shooting, better ball handling, higher defensive potential, higher offensive potential... He's not much of a rebounder but that's more important in a C than in a PF.
            If he doesn't rebound what does he have over Patterson?

Comment

Potential to develop into something very special.

I would be disappointed with a Poetl pick. He is a one position player without a great ceiling. Versatility is important for a player who will likely be backing up 2 spots from day 1.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Stretch 4 with shotblocking.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TBH, Poeltl and the PF's we've been talking (Sabonis, Skal, Davis, Ellenson.) about all seem to fill a present need, and don't seem to have a great amount of separation.

Don't know if anyone posted this comment of Blake's from the front page

Personality testing will go a long way here, with Davis or any prospect – research from Eric Weiss of Sports Aptitude suggests that only certain personalities will thrive as a lottery pick coming on to a successful team. The Raptors value that type of information in their draft process, anyway, but for us projecting from outside, it might be difficult to know who’s going to fit in well.
                  That's crucial info that Masai will have and we won't.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    So I just read a tweet that the Raptors are considering Sabonis and Davis at #9. Valentine is out because of the knees.

I'm really happy with this. Sabonis and Davis made the most sense to me for quite some time now.
                    Sabonis and Davis.. two very different picks.

Comment

• I'm torn between Skal and Sabonis. Sabonis could be a guy that could help us now, but I don't think he will have a high ceiling. I could see him be a solid role player. Skal is someone that I'm not sure could help us now, but could be extremely ideal for us in the future (especially if we want to run small ball lineups). Him at the 5 (being a decent enough shooter) could prove wonders for us.

Comment

• I wish we could dead small ball it's not the only way to win

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          So I just read a tweet that the Raptors are considering Sabonis and Davis at #9. Valentine is out because of the knees.

I'm really happy with this. Sabonis and Davis made the most sense to me for quite some time now.
                          That would make me happy too. So we worked out DD in private?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            I admit I'm old fashioned in this regard, but for a high utility power forward, I like a bit of power as well. I also like rebounding. Davis all day for me over Skal. And Davis has plenty of upside too, in addition to what he gives you out of the gate. I realize I'm preaching to the converted here re Davis... But I have a bias against Skal.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Sabonis and Davis.. two very different picks.
                              They are different players. Yes.

big boi wrote: View Post
                              That would make me happy too. So we worked out DD in private?
                              Don't know. I just know I read that from Steve Kyler's twitter.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                                I'm torn between Skal and Sabonis. Sabonis could be a guy that could help us now, but I don't think he will have a high ceiling. I could see him be a solid role player. Skal is someone that I'm not sure could help us now, but could be extremely ideal for us in the future (especially if we want to run small ball lineups). Him at the 5 (being a decent enough shooter) could prove wonders for us.
                                Poeltl combines the 2 elements - ready to play and high potential due to physical attributes and burgeoning skill set.

Comment

Working...
                                X