Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    For a guy Skals size, that can be rectified with a summer/season of proper eating and hard work. I mean look at Jonas. I don't how much weight he added over that one year, but it was much more than 20 pounds I'd guess.
    Jonas did get slower after that one year though. With Davis you know he can naturally put on more weight but he won't lose that lateral quickness or bounce. I don't think Skal will lose that bounce but you never know with skinny dudes. He could end up like Austin Daye.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I don't understand the buzz around Davis really,he can probably defend at the NBA level,but he lacks versatility ,the offensive skills(dunks don't count) and JV needs his space in the paint,which makes him a bad fit,i don't know IF he can develop some offensive game with range (the same thing was said about our old Ed Davis when drafted,still look at him now,not much better),my point is we need to have an all around good prospect on both ends(with some sort of shot) and hope he can get better.

Comment

• You know what the best thing about the NBA draft is. Its a crap shoot, just a giant guessing game.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
          You know what the best thing about the NBA draft is. Its a crap shoot, just a giant guessing game.
          Not if you're picking 2nd this year

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            Not if you're picking 2nd this year

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
            Even then you don't know how a teenager is gonna react to millions of dollars and attention for a whole city. Especially if you play for the Lakers where theirs pressure to win immediately.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
              Even then you don't know how a teenager is gonna react to millions of dollars and attention for a whole city. Especially if you play for the Lakers where theirs pressure to win immediately.
              I think he means that the 2nd pick is gunna be the easiest one in the draft

Comment

• Skal has been called out multiple times now in the past nine months on his desire to play basketball, to truly utilize his gifts. I'd rather have the player who lives and dies for hoops than the guy who does it because it's his best option. Maybe it's a maturity thing and Skal becomes a beast but I'd rather some other team take a bet on that happening.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Skal has been called out multiple times now in the past nine months on his desire to play basketball, to truly utilize his gifts. I'd rather have the player who lives and dies for hoops than the guy who does it because it's his best option. Maybe it's a maturity thing and Skal becomes a beast but I'd rather some other team take a bet on that happening.
                  How many of us watched UK games this past season because of Jamal Murray? Skal was the number 2 NBA prospect going into the season and his stock took a nose dive. He was such a pushover playing against college bigs (hardly any NBA prospects there on the UK schedule). Calipari was clear in his expectations. He wanted rebounds and defense. Skal did not respond to this adversity in a positive manner.

....nice looking jump shot, though.

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
                    I don't understand the buzz around Davis really,he can probably defend at the NBA level,but he lacks versatility ,the offensive skills(dunks don't count) and JV needs his space in the paint,which makes him a bad fit,i don't know IF he can develop some offensive game with range (the same thing was said about our old Ed Davis when drafted,still look at him now,not much better),my point is we need to have an all around good prospect on both ends(with some sort of shot) and hope he can get better.
                    The flip side of this is Bosh had an awful shot coming into the league and loo at him now.

Didn't watch Davis to get a sense of where he's at. Does his jumper look like a lost cause?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      And he's a lot better at rebounding. It's one of Davis' strengths
                      Weak rebounding bugs worry me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                        How many of us watched UK games this past season because of Jamal Murray? Skal was the number 2 NBA prospect going into the season and his stock took a nose dive. He was such a pushover playing against college bigs (hardly any NBA prospects there on the UK schedule). Calipari was clear in his expectations. He wanted rebounds and defense. Skal did not respond to this adversity in a positive manner.

....nice looking jump shot, though.
                        Not enough for the #9 pick though. They don't need another Charlie V.

Comment

• Raptors attending group workout for Jaylen Brown today.

From @MarcJSpearsESPN
                          Cal's Jaylen Brown scheduled group workout w/MIN, MIL, TOR, maybe LAL Saturday, source says. Expected to workout at BOS, NO, & PHX next week
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Jay is going to be a good pro, maybe a great one if he can develop the jumper. I know some people around here like to compare him to DD as a rookie but he's not the same player. Brown already has an NBA body and possibly more athleticism. He has huge upside and will be tough to pass on at 9.

Comment

• Why anyone would pass on JB at 9?
                              No new friends (c)

Comment

• I don't think anyone would pass on jaylen brown, he just isn't expected to be there. More likely to go in the 4-6 range.

Comment

Working...
                                X