No announcement yet.

Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't realize how tall he is. He's actually 6'5 190. Long arms too. He's built a lot like Penny Hardaway. Penny is a little taller but similar body type.

If Wright can develop a consistent 3pt shot/jump shot then we might have something in our hands.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I didn't realize how tall he is. He's actually 6'5 190. Long arms too. He's built a lot like Penny Hardaway. Penny is a little taller but similar body type.

If Wright can develop a consistent 3pt shot/jump shot then we might have something in our hands.
      Pretty awesome to see he could guard Shane Battier.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Maybe it's cause I just binge-watched Orange is the New Black but when Delon was smiling like a little kid in the postgame interview after the big Charlotte win, he was a dead ringer for Poussey Washington.
        If I were a vet on the team, I might make this his new nickname.

Hope he has lots of reasons to smile going forward, that quarter was a thing of beauty.

Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Fri Feb 17, 2017, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Heh, I noticed that back on draft night, and googling the two names shows that others have made that connection too.

Comment

• pretty move he did in the D league 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
              Heh, I noticed that back on draft night, and googling the two names shows that others have made that connection too.
              Ha. Wow. You're right. He even actually acknowledges it himself in a series of tweets

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Ha. Wow. You're right. He even actually acknowledges it himself in a series of tweets

I didn't watch the show, but my girlfriend did, and as soon as I brought it up she's like YES! THAT'S WHO HE LOOKS LIKE
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  Maybe it's cause I just binge-watched Orange is the New Black but when Delon was smiling like a little kid in the postgame interview after the big Charlotte win, he was a dead ringer for Poussey Washington.
                  If I were a vet on the team, I might make this his new nickname.

Hope he has lots of reasons to smile going forward, that quarter was a thing of beauty.

I actually watch this show and can't believe I never realized this.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Any predictions on how much burn delon will get in the following scenario's
                    1. No roster moves
                    2 bring in a big wing and lose cory

Comment

• When is the deadline anyway?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        When is the deadline anyway?
                        Feb. 23

3pm et

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                          Any predictions on how much burn delon will get in the following scenario's
                          1. No roster moves
                          2 bring in a big wing and lose cory
                          I like to imagine he gets at least 10-15 from here on out in scenario 1, but it's probably more like Norm the last few months. Barring injury, he might DCP-CD as often as he gets spot minutes.

Scenario 2, he has to pretty much take Cojo's role as backup PG and frequently used in 2 pg lineups, goof for 20-25 minutes every night.

Comment

• Seeing some nice work from Delon over the past few games. Took a few too many ill-advised 3s yesterday, but in general, I like his calmness/demeanor.

And, like Powell, he seems to be learning DeRozan's "Euro-step" in the paint.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Seeing some nice work from Delon over the past few games. Took a few too many ill-advised 3s yesterday, but in general, I like his calmness/demeanor.

And, like Powell, he seems to be learning DeRozan's "Euro-step" in the paint.
                              I'm glad he is learning to the use the euro-step. He is tall and long, so he can cover a good amount of ground in 2 steps with the euro. Its a good move to have for Delon.

Comment

• Delon's been doing that since (at least) his Utah days. It's not new to him.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X