Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Norman Powell

Post Thanks / Like

He reminds me of Avery Bradley

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Sure, but when one is a talented point guard and the other is a rather unskilled shooting guard, the comparison kinda falls apart. Powell's standing reach is almost 5 inches higher than Bledsoe's.
    He hasn't even played 1 nba game yet, how do you know he's unskilled? Also players nowadays can play multiple positions and there really isn't a prototypical way of playing any one position.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this guy. I'm actually excited to watch D league games...damn I never thought I'd say that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I like this guy. I'm actually excited to watch D league games...damn I never thought I'd say that
    This year more so than previous years. I really wanted to see JV's first summer league, but this year we have Bruno, DAD, Powell and Wright. 2 weeks away!
    Two years away...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    He reminds me of Avery Bradley
    I think this is a great comparison actually. If he turns out anywhere like Bradley, I'll be ecstatic.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

His game reminds me a lot of Shannon brown. Similar size and length and same bouncy athleticism. Shannon brown was also a very solid defender, with good fundamentals and great lateral quickness, which I expect Powell to be very good at.
    In addition, shannon brown was was drafted in the second round like powell and if he had ideal height( 6'5-6'6) he prolly would have been drafted late first round.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote #Rapsarelegit wrote: View Post
    His game reminds me a lot of Shannon brown. Similar size and length and same bouncy athleticism. Shannon brown was also a very solid defender, with good fundamentals and great lateral quickness, which I expect Powell to be very good at.
    In addition, shannon brown was was drafted in the second round like powell and if he had ideal height( 6'5-6'6) he prolly would have been drafted late first round.
    Yeah, I thought Shannon Brown the first dunk clip I saw of him.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BS10 wrote: View Post
    He hasn't even played 1 nba game yet, how do you know he's unskilled? Also players nowadays can play multiple positions and there really isn't a prototypical way of playing any one position.
    He's the 46th pick in the draft, and he's not a point guard prospect. He's a physical tools shooting guard, from what I've seen. There's nothing wrong with that, but point guards, and even combo guards, have skill levels that I assume Powell doesn't have. If he did, he'd have been a higher pick.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I thought Shannon Brown the first dunk clip I saw of him.
    Like the comparison alot. Which means he might take awhile to play meaningful NBA minutes

Post Thanks / Like

we could really use a second round steal in our lives
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

11. Like Day One liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote #Rapsarelegit wrote: View Post
    Damn this is a great comparison. Never even thought of that one. Nice catch

Raptors Republic Superstar Mr.Z's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Law of average says it has to happen eventually lol
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I have said this a few times. If our franchise is to take the next step we will need to have one of our late picks, late first round/second round exceed all expectations. The other thing that may finally put us over the hump will be getting the extra quality first round pick next year from NYK/Denver. Adding a lottery pick to a playoff team (I hope) will give us that little bump to get to the next tier.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I say his floor is alonzo gee

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pong wrote: View Post
    I say his floor is alonzo gee
    Gee has moderate use of his left hand. watch any of his videos and his left might as well be tied behind his bac

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote j_val_for_mayor wrote: View Post
    Gee has moderate use of his left hand. watch any of his videos and his left might as well be tied behind his bac
    I've seen Powell use his left. He's not great with it, he just prefers to go right

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Defensively, I've got no concerns. He's built like an ox, has great athleticism, good instincts and the desire to play good defence. I have more concerns about his offense though. He's more of a straight line driver than a shifty guy than a guy changes speed well like wright. He's definitely faster without the ball than with it, but he'll be a great target for cuts and lobs. He absolutely needs to improve his ball handling and shooting for him to carve out a nice role off the bench. If he was a better playmaker, he would have went higher and would be seen as a PG or if he measured out with ideal size and had a more consistent shot, he would be seen as a legit shooting guard. I like the pick at 46. Seems like a good kid with the tools to be a contributor. Him and wright will be pretty good defensively. They both seem capable of guarding 1's and 2's, assuming wright fills out.
    Last edited by #Rapsarelegit; Mon Jun 29th, 2015 at 10:45 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a realistic goal for him would be 3&D without any ballhandling responsibilities.

His natural ability to straight line drive will then be able to be used to attack closeouts to his three.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we sign LMA this guy could just crack the rotation this year. I don't think we would have enough to bring back Lou Will.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If we sign LMA this guy could just crack the rotation this year. I don't think we would have enough to bring back Lou Will.
    If Lou walks (I hope so) De Colo could fill his role, or a move of Ross to the bench is a decent fit for him as well. Powell won't be forced into action very often, look for him to develop in the D-League.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information