Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Aldridge cares about the actual bball.. then hopefully Casey's not in the room.

Comment

• Why?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I fully expect the Knicks to be frantically changing their own presentation. Because you know this was exactly what they were going to do as well.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• If aldridge is that "all business" about winning.... I doubt he'd be crazy about hooking up with Carmelo.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            As @Mike_Bresnahan says, Aldridge felt too much of Lakers presentation focused on outside opportunities; wanted clearer, better b-ball focus— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 1, 2015
            They marketed to their strengths I guess because their team sucks and is probably not gonna amount to much until the Kobe era is done.

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Lakers are out of the running per Spears
            Should I feel guilty about getting enjoyment when the Lakers stumble?

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            If aldridge is that "all business" about winning.... I doubt he'd be crazy about hooking up with Carmelo.
            You got it.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sounds like he wants to hear a plan... Good thing MU is a man with a plan

Comment

• I would check the knicks, lakers, and mavs now off the possibility of signing there (Chandler gone, Ellis is undecided and could and see below al farouq aminu signed to a steep contract)

Now that leaves Spurs, Suns, Raptors as possible destinations best to least interested

The make or break is if he wants a championship chance, he would go to the east and we've got em

UPDATE: The Mavs have signed AL FAROUQ AMINU to a 4yr $30 Million dollars deal. Mavs should now be checked off that list
                Last edited by Reyaz123; Wed Jul 1, 2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• I feel better about going after Aldridge after Masai blew the socks off Carroll and convinced him to sign without meeting any other teams. He was scheduled to meet with 4 or 5 teams originally.

KL
                  DD
                  DC
                  LA
                  JV

That's a mean line up in the east
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• Maybe Masai is showing interest in Wes Matthews to show Aldridge he cares about his friends...

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      I feel better about going after Aldridge after Masai blew the socks off Carroll and convinced him to sign without meeting any other teams. He was scheduled to meet with 4 or 5 teams originally.

KL
                      DD
                      DC
                      LA
                      JV

That's a mean line up in the east
                      All things considered, you'd have to imagine this would be part of the pitch to LMA.

"You'd be starting at the 4 and wouldn't have to play the 5. It would be your team. You will get more endorsement deals than you ever saw in Portland ("even GV got an endorsement deal"). Your face will be all over the advertisements for the All Star game THIS year. You're leaving a current All Star PG in Portland but you'd also be joining a current All Star PG in Toronto; on top of a former All Star SG and a potential All Star at C. We have absolutely one of , if not, the most dedicated fan base(s) in the entire NBA.We just also signed one of the most impressive SFs in the East from this year's playoffs. You would be in the East. With you in our starting line up, we would give you one of the absolute best chances at reaching the NBA finals. We wouldn't have to completely butcher our roster to get you to play here. And, if we were the management team when you were first drafted, we would have picked you 1st over that guy we traded to New York."

Honestly, it'd be a pretty good pitch.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                        I would check the knicks, lakers, and mavs now off the possibility of signing there (Chandler gone, Ellis is undecided and could and see below al farouq aminu signed to a steep contract)

Now that leaves Spurs, Suns, Raptors as possible destinations best to least interested

The make or break is if he wants a championship chance, he would go to the east and we've got em

UPDATE: The Mavs have signed AL FAROUQ AMINU to a 4yr $30 Million dollars deal. Mavs should now be checked off that list
                        Mavs had a ton of cap so there's likely still room for LMA - not that it matters. I think it's Spurs for him unless Masai is a Jedi.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I also forgot to add the Rockets as a possibility too. LMA knows his best fit and best chance to win a title is in Houston OR T.O

Lol Masai has proven from time to time again he has great convincing skills

I wouldn't be surprised also if Masai quietly signs millsap too, you never know what he is capable of

Comment

• Thing is, with Carroll's signing, we WOULD have to completely butcher at least our bench now. If we waive Ridnour and trade Patterson for, say, a second rounder, we still don't have the max. And we would only have Ross and Johnson as "known-quantity" serviceable reserves, because we would have to renounce Lou and everyone else's rights for that, too.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                              Thing is, with Carroll's signing, we WOULD have to completely butcher at least our bench now. If we waive Ridnour and trade Patterson for, say, a second rounder, we still don't have the max. And we would only have Ross and Johnson as "known-quantity" serviceable reserves, because we would have to renounce Lou and everyone else's rights for that, too.
                              I see, but today Amir left for the Celtics, Ridnour most likely is trade bait again (lol) the caroll signing could also mean departure of t ross imo

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                                Thing is, with Carroll's signing, we WOULD have to completely butcher at least our bench now. If we waive Ridnour and trade Patterson for, say, a second rounder, we still don't have the max. And we would only have Ross and Johnson as "known-quantity" serviceable reserves, because we would have to renounce Lou and everyone else's rights for that, too.
                                I think it's still workable but it'd have to be a Sign & Trade.

Something like packaging some combination of DeRozan, Ridnour, Ross, JJ, Lou, and/or PP would get it done. Ideally, it'd be Ridnour and Lou and the LAC pick but the most likely scenario would be for DeRozan, Ridnour and the Clippers Pick.

In any scenario, it's still completely possible to get LMA and not completely gut the rest of the team.
                                Last edited by Just Is; Wed Jul 1, 2015, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X