Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there is a decent chance. The teams that are interested in LA are the 3 Texas teams, New York, the Lakers & the Raptors. LA has also made it known that he is not interested in playing at the 5.

Dallas- have the cap space to offer him a max but would then likely have to let chandler go, and a front court of dirk and LA will not work that well together considering he doesn't want to play the 5. Also it looks like DJ is dallas's number 1 target right now
    Houston- Doesn't have the cap space to offer him a max and would need to work on a sign and trade involving trevor ariza and other assets (portland would need to be willing to take them or find another trade partner) and this will deplete the rest of the team. However a center like dwight howard will work perfectly with LA game.
    San Antonio- Don't have room to offer him a max assuming that they max kawhi. Would need to renounce their cap holds and dump splitter/mills to be able to offer him a max contract http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...-at-what-cost/. SA however does offer a chance to play in his home state and with Duncan and popovich if they can somehow make the numbers work.
    New York- Can offer him a max contract. But their roster is currently a mess and don't have a viable option at center. Even with LA that roster doesn't look like a contender. NY also seems to be targeting 2nd tier free agents monroe, affalo, west, etc
    Lakers- can offer him a max contract. But again the lakers do not currently have a center and the team seems committed to developing randle at the 4.
    Raptors- Can offer him the max by renouncing cap rights to free agents. Have JV at the 5, who is an above average center and a good fit to play alongside LA. Adding LA to the current roster will immediately make the raptors a contender in the much weaker eastern conference.

I believe San Antonio is the current favorite to sign him but Toronto offers the 2nd best option followed by Houston if they can somehow work on a sign & trade with Portland.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Don't get too excited. Aldridge will sign in LA. He's the Lakers #1 target. There's a reason why they took Russell in the draft instead of Okafor.
      There is an argument out there that LM is not particularly a NY/LA type of guy (flash & dash eg. Carmelo)....and to many players Kobe is not an attraction to play with...he prefers it to be understated but probably finds Portland too "small market". Toronto falls in the middle while offering a path to go deeper in the playoffs than his current team. I would believe the Spurs offers the biggest competition. Imagine having Duncan as your backup! I would say 25% chance the Raps get him but Masai will have to spill his guts on his plans over the next year.

Comment

If LMA signs Raptors have to fire Casey immediately. He can not coach a team with a priority on inside offense or a defense with JV + LMA

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          He's getting a max either way. How much can he raise?
          there are a lot of 'behind the closed doors' deals in NBA free agency... especially when it comes to superstars like LA

Comment

slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
            I think there is a decent chance. The teams that are interested in LA are the 3 Texas teams, New York, the Lakers & the Raptors. LA has also made it known that he is not interested in playing at the 5.

Dallas- have the cap space to offer him a max but would then likely have to let chandler go, and a front court of dirk and LA will not work that well together considering he doesn't want to play the 5. Also it looks like DJ is dallas's number 1 target right now
            Houston- Doesn't have the cap space to offer him a max and would need to work on a sign and trade involving trevor ariza and other assets (portland would need to be willing to take them or find another trade partner) and this will deplete the rest of the team. However a center like dwight howard will work perfectly with LA game.
            San Antonio- Don't have room to offer him a max assuming that they max kawhi. Would need to renounce their cap holds and dump splitter/mills to be able to offer him a max contract http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...-at-what-cost/. SA however does offer a chance to play in his home state and with Duncan and popovich if they can somehow make the numbers work.
            New York- Can offer him a max contract. But their roster is currently a mess and don't have a viable option at center. Even with LA that roster doesn't look like a contender. NY also seems to be targeting 2nd tier free agents monroe, affalo, west, etc
            Lakers- can offer him a max contract. But again the lakers do not currently have a center and the team seems committed to developing randle at the 4.
            Raptors- Can offer him the max by renouncing cap rights to free agents. Have JV at the 5, who is an above average center and a good fit to play alongside LA. Adding LA to the current roster will immediately make the raptors a contender in the much weaker eastern conference.

I believe San Antonio is the current favorite to sign him but Toronto offers the 2nd best option followed by Houston if they can somehow work on a sign & trade with Portland.
            Great post. The Raptors do have a lot to offer him, but I just don't see him leaving other offers

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              If LMA signs Raptors have to fire Casey immediately. He can not coach a team with a priority on inside offense or a defense with JV + LMA
              I think Raptors should really fire Casey whether Aldridge comes or not lol

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                I think Raptors should really fire Casey whether Aldridge comes or not lol
                In so much agreement

Comment

slamdunk23 wrote: View Post

Good stuff, great insight.
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I could see him wanting to leave the West, and we're the best option for him in the East.

Frontcourt rotation of LMA, JV, 2Pat and JJ would be awesome.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lol this dude's really getting around
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Lol this dude's really getting around
                          Whore

Comment

Best to go last, leave a lasting impression. Lieweke needs to pull out all the stops

Comment

So, should we pack Maple Leafs Square with 5000 fans to convince LMA to come?
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                So, should we pack Maple Leafs Square with 5000 fans to convince LMA to come?
                                Yup, that doesn't reek of desperate fans looking for love

Comment

Working...
                                X