Hollinger: Big Changes On the Way For Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollinger: Big Changes On the Way For Raptors

Courtesy of John Hollinger's ESPN chat wrap this afternoon.

He's seems to think we can all expect Jay, Hedo and Andrea back next season.

Jay (Tacoma, WA) - What do you think will be the fallout in Toronto? Big changes, or a "well, Bosh *was* injured" mulligan?

John Hollinger (1:04 PM) - Gonna have to be big changes because Bosh is outta there .. probably a sign-and-trade. I suspect Colangelo will stick with Triano/Turk/Bargnani since he's pretty much gone all-in with that group already, but he may trade Jose and will probably be active with his midlevel exception.
    Source - Click here

That makes me sad

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
      That makes me sad
      sad that bosh is leaving or sad that those 3 are staying? hahahaha

the GOOD is, if we can get bosh to do a sign and trade, this way we can get rid of him, and we get something in return, the BAD would be if Colangelo will be orchestrating the trade. We'd probably get a bunch of aging europeans.

I wouldnt give this thing way too much attention. Toronto is the only (and willing) team to give Bosh a max deal. Other teams who have the money would rather have Joe Johnson, LBJ or Wade, they do want Bosh but theyre not willing to pay him a max contract. If we sign Bosh, you should be more worried because we wont have money left to even sign a decent player, specially if we are going to resign weems and amir. So basically, if you sign Bosh, youre looking at the same exact team from this lost season. Would you want that stress again?????
      Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Apr 15, 2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Colangelo is high risk. Either his trades are home runs or they're complete train wrecks. I am hoping he's due for a home run.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Colangelo is high risk. Either his trades are home runs or they're complete train wrecks. I am hoping he's due for a home run.
          I doubt it apollo.i think thats why he signed hedo. he could relate. both of them were way past their primes.

Comment

Isn't Colangelo only in his late 30's, early 40's? Most people don't lose mental capacity for decades beyond that age. He's not past his prime, he's just had some gambles fail. He was able to rid himself of Penny and Marbury in he past, both having horrible contracts. He has proven that he can bail himself out. Not sure if he will now but I am not about to write him off.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Isn't Colangelo only in his late 30's, early 40's? Most people don't lose mental capacity for decades beyond that age. He's not past his prime, he's just had some gambles fail. He was able to rid himself of Penny and Marbury in he past, both having horrible contracts. He has proven that he can bail himself out. Not sure if he will now but I am not about to write him off.
              i'm pretty sure he's mid 40's. he's from my approximations and wikipedia's 45 on june 1st.
              Last edited by LBF; Thu Apr 15, 2010, 04:38 PM.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Born June 1, 1965 (1965-06-01) (age 44)
                Chicago, Illinois
                Wikipedia

That's very young for a GM with 15 seasons a management under his belt.

Comment

If people know their Toronto sports history Colangelo has alot in common with JP Ricciardi.

Lets hope this ends better.

Comment

JP had the misfortune of being in the same division as the Yankees and Bo-Sox in a league with no real salary cap.

Comment

Working...
                    X