Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    I think it's too early to judge that. I mean, you might be right and all, but I would have thought you have to give it at least this year and possibly the next before you can say he's a waste of cap space....

Yeah I might be... I just have such little faith when he missed majority of last year, is 30+ and had all summer yet still isn't 100℅ n appears to be injury prone. Would have felt different if he was a younger player like Middleton who also has a higher ceiling to support the contract. Funny thing is DC sometimes to me looks so much smaller than a lot of SFs, not sure what it is Anyways hopefully he can just remain healthy.

Comment

• I think his $15M contract was a bit of a steal considering how much contracts are worth now. Plus it would be easy to trade him away if it came to that. Personally I'd rather have DC than Ross as our SF even if he's not going to produce as well as he did 2 years ago.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I think his $15M contract was a bit of a steal considering how much contracts are worth now. Plus it would be easy to trade him away if it came to that. Personally I'd rather have DC than Ross as our SF even if he's not going to produce as well as he did 2 years ago.
        Not sure how you figure a player that has played less than a 1/4 of his time here is a steal as a contract. If you calculated $$ per games played he'd probably be around the highest paid per game lol when you factor in what a "steal" actual amount of time n impact has to be factored in. He's not even close to being a steal n still has to prove to even be worth what we paid him. IE/ Sullinger will like have the same level or better impact n play more games but make less than half the money...that's a steal.

Comment

• No post on DC for a month how do you view how he is coming along?

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
            No post on DC for a month how do you view how he is coming along?
            Mix bag. His last 2 games we're pretty bad, bad D, wasn't hitting his shots and there is some chemistry issue still lingering in the starting lineup.

I think he's not fully healed/in shape or has an injury, or even has lost a step due to injuries or age ( but it's too early to tell).

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Mix bag. His last 2 games we're pretty bad, bad D, wasn't hitting his shots and there is some chemistry issue still lingering in the starting lineup.

I think he's not fully healed/in shape or has an injury, or even has lost a step due to injuries or age ( but it's too early to tell).
              It's definitely one of those things. The problem is you can't trust Demarre because he lies about his health as we all know. He said he was around 80-90% but if this is how he looks at 80-90% that's sad. He has looked terrible. So I really think he still is far from being healthy but he's trying to make it seem like he closer than he is. He really should just sit if he's going to continue to play this bad. I can understand the missing of shots but the bad defense is the part that annoys me because that's supposed to be his thing. Him being a bad defender is hurting our starting lineups defense because other than Kyle no one is really that good on that end in that lineup.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                It's definitely one of those things. The problem is you can't trust Demarre because he lies about his health as we all know. He said he was around 80-90% but if this is how he looks at 80-90% that's sad. He has looked terrible. So I really think he still is far from being healthy but he's trying to make it seem like he closer than he is. He really should just sit if he's going to continue to play this bad. I can understand the missing of shots but the bad defense is the part that annoys me because that's supposed to be his thing. Him being a bad defender is hurting our starting lineups defense because other than Kyle no one is really that good on that end in that lineup.
                Quite frankly, at this level of play, he could be at 95% and still be looking bad. I don't know what his player ranking was when he was signed, but I don't think he was ranked in the top 100 when he was picked up. And a 5% drop in ability since then would move him down to no less than middle of the pack I would guess. And that is more or less what he is playing like right now. A middle of the pack player shouldn't be on the starting lineup. (30 teams with five starting positions means top 150 guys should be starting, more or less).

Comment

• assuming the raptors and cavs end up being the elite of the conference DC certainly will not be the Lebron stopper between age and health his contract is looking very bad

Comment

There's no way he's at 80-90%. He can't keep anyone in front of him, and its painful watching him try to slide his feet and move laterally. Not being truthful about his health isn't uncommon among players, but we can all see that he's compromised.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                      No post on DC for a month how do you view how he is coming along?
                      pretty terrible.

if this is really him at "80-90%" then Masai fucked up that contract big-time.

I don't think he should be playing.

Comment

• Landry Carrol
                        or
                        DeMarre Fields

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                          There's no way he's at 80-90%. He can't keep anyone in front of him, and its painful watching him try to slide his feet and move laterally. Not being truthful about his health isn't uncommon among players, but we can all see that he's compromised.
                          I know it isn't. I just wish he would be like how Sullinger was because he looks horrible and is hurting the team. But oh well just give Norman a lot of his minutes and we should be fine.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Alex91 wrote: View Post
                            Landry Carrol
                            or
                            DeMarre Fields
                            Landry was at least better on defense and could finish a little better in the paint. And that's sucks to say.

Comment

Landry was at least better on defense and could finish a little better in the paint. And that's sucks to say.
                              Good passer too
                              OG is our king

Comment

• OK, hold up, folks. Carroll has definitely been struggling to find his groove. Playing more than half his minutes with the broken starting lineup beside Siakam isn't helping any, but regardless he is struggling.

But.

He's shooting 33% from three on 4 attempts a game. He's a little cool but he'll be fine - he's been a roughly 40% shooter from distance for three straight years. The issue is he's being fed midrange opportunities, including some off the dribble for some reason. Not his game, never will be. Defensively he'll find his footing.

The entire team could do with simplifying their game like DeMar has. DeMar has been doing a great job of coming off screens and finding space to elevate with a nice balanced jumper. And when teams finally panic and start sending multiple guys his way late in games he's been finding the open man. Simple. Lowry needs to settle down and run some pick plays as well. Carroll needs to settle into his groove of 3 and D role player, and wait for opportunities to cut or crash the boards. JV needs to set picks, roll or pop to the free throw line, and take his time in the post and use his go to moves more (can't recall the last time he used his running hook shot in the lane). Everyone just needs to calm down. DeRozan's calming effect has carried us through thus far, but he'll cool down at some point and others will need to be reliable - and they will be if they just calm down and play to their strengths.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X