No announcement yet.

Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one thing to keep in mind is while Casey can't necessarily "make him play" he is the guy who controls his minutes and if he feels DC can and should play, but he isn't, he might just show him how he really feels about him. it's a quick way to a coach's doghouse.

or maybe comments are being made from other players? ones that are also playing through pain but probably shouldn't?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Whether he was forced to play or not, he was still being asked to play 30+ minutes a night.. which is too much for someone of his age & injury history.
      Carroll is 30 not 35
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• this is turning into some straight up conspiracy theory
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Carroll did 9/11
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Jet Fuel can't melt Steel Pins in Carroll's knees.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              Carroll did 9/11
              Pretty sure we already proved it was SpongeBob yesterday.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                This, of course, leads into the reason this is so concerning. This is the same thing as last season. Nothing was said then, but still there is Lowry out there every night, with more and more rumours of him being not right, and it being more and more apparent on the court. Should be sitting, should be sitting, should be sitting. But no, he plays through injuries for most of the second half of the year, completely ruins himself by the time March rolls around, and when he is finally sat down (and brought back, and sat down...) it is too late for a full recovery and anything near a return to game shape for the playoffs.

You can see why some would be concerned about this story repeating itself, even partially, again this year with Carroll.
                I didn't even think about that. Clearly we have a history of playing players when they aren't 100 percent. They better let Lowry rest because now it's worrying me even more about Lowry's recent injury. It could be worse than he is making it seem but because he probably wants to play they are going to play him
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Let's put this in perspective. If you are receiving definitive medical advice, you shouldn't hear.. I feel like you shouldn't play...

Medical staff says might, player hears might not. If you leave it up to the (most) player he will want to play even if has to play through pain

You people are trying to make something a black and white issue, where there is a sea of ambiguity based on a few quotes. I realize that's the grist in these forums, but you're arguing about nothing (definitive).

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                    Let's put this in perspective. If you are receiving definitive medical advice, you shouldn't hear.. I feel like you shouldn't play...

Medical staff says might, player hears might not. If you leave it up to the (most) player he will want to play even if has to play through pain

You people are trying to make something a black and white issue, where there is a sea of ambiguity based on a few quotes. I realize that's the grist in these forums, but you're arguing about nothing (definitive).
                    Bingo and co-sign.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                      Let's put this in perspective. If you are receiving definitive medical advice, you shouldn't hear.. I feel like you shouldn't play...

Personal experience on this particular subject line and the bolded is absolutely true. I've turned a sprained ankle into a fractured ankle and a fractured wrist into a broken wrist that way when I was playing Rugby at the provincial level on separate occasions. Was heavily suggested that I didn't play because something might happen until it healed. They were right but I did it anyways.

It's one of the main reasons why I believe athletes need to be protected from themselves. I actually don't know if it was on the coaching staff that kept him playing but it WAS on them for continuing to play him heavy minutes. Especially after what happened with Lowry last year.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Has there been any indication to when Carroll's potential return may be?

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                          Has there been any indication to when Carroll's potential return may be?
                          2020 at the earliest
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I forgot about this guy
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Today is exactly 4 weeks since DC's surgery.

From Jan 19th:
                              Although Carroll didn’t give out any specific return timelines, he did say he is pleased with his progress and is ahead of schedule.
                              Any further info come up?
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                2020 at the earliest
                                Just in time for Kanye to get into office, nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X