Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Yeah they act like all of Canada has the same tax rate, even though that isn't true in the states either.

If I'm correct Ontario has the lowest tax rate in Canada no? And the ON tax rate would be about average in the US?
    Not sure on the exact numbers but last time i read up on it, the combination of Provincial / Federal tax in Ontario took us to 13th from the bottom in terms of tax rate in the NBA. The provincial tax is high, but the federal tax is lower than in the US for that income bracket.

It gets more complicated because the US government, in some really weird and seriously WTF fashion, seems to think it has the right to tax citizens who live and make money on foreign soil. But that just means guys need to be a bit more creative (i.e. hire a good accountant). There are foreign tax credits, etc.

Also these guys get paid USD, and buy things here in CAD, which in some cases can work in their favour heavily.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Seemed a little high at first, but really considering what we're looking at for next year and beyond, in terms of the cap, I'd say its absolutely fair market value for a player with a hard to come by skillset; not to mention a skillset we desperately needed. I'd say he's as good, or better, as a defender as JJ, but can actually do something of worth on the offensive end as well, which is space the floor.
      Yeah, we considering this deal in 2017, it won't seem like a whole lot annually.

His PER isn't that impressive when talking stats but I like what he brings to the table. I'm sure Casey really digs the signing.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Hopefully Casey doesn't bench him .....
        Casey would never bench his highest paid player who can actually shoot AND play defense.... I'm guessing you're not being serious. Lol

Casey gets too much hate tho. GV, Ross, Lou, JJ, Fields were all flawed players. No one cares about that I guess.

He finally gets defensive players. Let's see how flawed his defensive system really is. I think some people are going to be surprised!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          noooo.

ab is lowest.

and ontario would be exceptionally high in the us, only ny and cali would compare
          I read some time back that the Raptors/NBA offset the taxes for the players.

Comment

• perfect fit. think i would have preferred middleton, but now we don't have to contend with rfa
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Toronto's marginal tax rate is 48.5% and Califonia tax rate is 50.37% and Florida/Texas tax rate is 37.73%

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                Toronto's marginal tax rate is 48.5% and Califonia tax rate is 50.37% and Florida/Texas tax rate is 37.73%
                true, and the way the nba works is you pay taxes based on where the games are played. so they all average out a little bit.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• FEDERAL

15% on the first $44,701 of taxable income, +
                  22% on the next $44,700 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $44,701 up to $89,401), +
                  26% on the next $49,185 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $89,401 up to $138,586), +
                  29% of taxable income over $138,586.

Ontario

5.05% on the first $40,922 of taxable income, +
                  9.15% on the next $40,925, +
                  11.16% on the next $68,153, +
                  12.16% on the next $70,000, +
                  13.16 % on the amount over $220,000

as a self employed professional his tax write offs in Canada would be ridiculous
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    Not sure on the exact numbers but last time i read up on it, the combination of Provincial / Federal tax in Ontario took us to 13th from the bottom in terms of tax rate in the NBA. The provincial tax is high, but the federal tax is lower than in the US for that income bracket.

It gets more complicated because the US government, in some really weird and seriously WTF fashion, seems to think it has the right to tax citizens who live and make money on foreign soil. But that just means guys need to be a bit more creative (i.e. hire a good accountant). There are foreign tax credits, etc.

Also these guys get paid USD, and buy things here in CAD, which in some cases can work in their favour heavily.
                    According to: http://lsminsurance.ca/calculators/canada/income-tax, Carrol would pay $7.4M in taxes and take home $7.6M (If he made $15M) this year, for an average tax rate of 49.35% (this includes federal and provincial).

According to: http://us.thetaxcalculator.net/, a $15M salary would pay the US federal government $5.9M in taxes. So state tax would have to to be less than $1.5M for the year to be better than playing for the Raptors. In California, the state tax would be $1.8M.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      this is a treadmill move. If it wasn't aldridge, which was always unlikely, I wanted to blow up the core.
                      And with this comment, I know your official pecking order here.

Hahaha

Comment

• I have to say though, if we do not move the ball well next year, this will be a very, very bad signing.

82.7% of DeMarre Carroll's hoops were assisted last year, on league's best AST% team. Just signed with the league's 3rd worst AST% team.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Oh and props to masai, no leaks in our front office!
                          This is why i rarely get into FA or draft conversations. These guys keep it tight. Speculation is literally, and figuratively time down the drain.

Good signing. If anyone wanted Aldridge, Masai just played his last card in trying to land him..... Carrol is a VERY good player, very hard worker, great shooter. I used to hate having to see the Raps play him. If you want FA's to come, these are the types of dudes you need to show them youre willing to pay for.

I like it.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            I have to say though, if we do not move the ball well next year, this will be a very, very bad signing.
                            that is a valid concern
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Marz wrote: View Post
                              According to: http://lsminsurance.ca/calculators/canada/income-tax, Carrol would pay $7.4M in taxes and take home $7.6M (If he made $15M) this year, for an average tax rate of 49.35% (this includes federal and provincial).

According to: http://us.thetaxcalculator.net/, a $15M salary would pay the US federal government $5.9M in taxes. So state tax would have to to be less than $1.5M for the year to be better than playing for the Raptors. In California, the state tax would be $1.8M.
                              insane how much those guys pay in taxes
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                                insane how much those guys pay in taxes
                                insane how much those guys still make.

Comment

Working...
                                X