power forward prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 pts 6 rebounds 1 steal and .5 blocks a game for Motiejunas

shoots 54% from 2 and 37% from 3, 60% from the line which will improve based on the 2pt percentage I suspect
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• wonder if HOU would do Ross for Motiejunas straight up. We even save a little bit of money
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        He is undersized. And that would not end well.

Right niw this is an incomplete team that is very wing heavy meaningvwevare going to see kuch of the same stuff we saw last season
        You do know that JJ and amir are both listed at 6'9"? He probably doesn't have the quick hops Amir has and has a shorter standing reach, but he would do fine at the 4. His poor shooting will also be less exposed at the 4.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          How is Motiejunas defensively?
          Above average.

thead wrote: View Post
          wonder if HOU would do Ross for Motiejunas straight up. We even save a little bit of money
          I don't think so. To be honest, I doubt they'd give him for DeRozan or Valanciunas straight up. There's a reason he's their starting PF over J-Smith and Jones, he's a good fit for them, solid on both ends, improving as a floor spacer, moves the ball well. It's tough to go small ball on him because he can punish most smaller guys on post ups. He's improved quite a lot since his rookie year, so he also might not be done growing as a player.

I think they value him A LOT. The only way I could've seen them move him was if they got Aldridge or such this year and had to clear a lot of cap space. Or maybe if they see his back problem as a big long term problem.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            He is undersized. And that would not end well.

Right niw this is an incomplete team that is very wing heavy meaningvwevare going to see kuch of the same stuff we saw last season
            He's 6'7", 250, with a 7' wingspan, a good vertical and tough as they come. There is no reason he can't play PF in today's NBA.

Comment

• Would you trade PPat + JJ for Ariza+ TJones. Instead of TRoss for Donatas? Than Carroll starts at SF and plays 16-18 minutes at the PF position with T Jones playing 30-32 minutes a game at the PF and Ariza coming off the bench for 24 -28 minutes a game.

Comment

• Without moving Lowry, very skeptical we land a true starter at PF. I think it's going to be a platoon position, with a couple of guys of similar talent but different skill sets. We have a stretch guy (PP), small guy (JJ?), now we need a boards guy (Hans?) and a ball movement guy (McBob?) to diversify. Since we can't find an all-in-one, give Casey the tools in the kit to at least try to make adjustments.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Pong wrote: View Post
                  Not sure anyone has mentioned this already, but why not just have JJ play the 4 and let demarre stay at the 3. The main concern with playing him before was floor spacing and DC's irrational hate for him. Now that we have Demarre at the 3, we have the floor spacing we need. He's a good enough help defender and rebounder to play that position in the eastern conference.
                  yeah i think if he stays on it'll be as a 4
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Kinda sad that Darrell Arthur (good defender) and Kevin Seraphin (good rebounder) are starting to look like good targets.

Without a trade, Seraphin might be the target for me.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Kinda sad that Darrell Arthur (good defender) and Kevin Seraphin (good rebounder) are starting to look like good targets.

He's shown flashes of being capable on both ends of the floor. He's still pretty young, so there's hope he can clean up some of the mental mistakes and continue to grow. I've always been intrigued.

Comment

Without moving Lowry, very skeptical we land a true starter at PF. I think it's going to be a platoon position, with a couple of guys of similar talent but different skill sets. We have a stretch guy (PP), small guy (JJ?), now we need a boards guy (Hans?) and a ball movement guy (McBob?) to diversify. Since we can't find an all-in-one, give Casey the tools in the kit to at least try to make adjustments.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          I'm operating under the assumption that Masai is expecting Casey to do some of the most basic coaching things this year, like install an offence, call time-outs and carry a clipboard.

We all know what will likely happen, but Masai is clearly trusting Casey for some reason that must be related to Casey owning inappropriate photos of Masai for blackmail.

Comment

• FromDeep wrote: View Post
                            He's 6'7", 250, with a 7' wingspan, a good vertical and tough as they come. There is no reason he can't play PF in today's NBA.
                            Just having the size for something doesn't make you an ideal fit for that position.

Making Carroll a 4 would be a mistake, you wouldn't be using him to his strengths. If he's an A- SF and he's a C+ PF why would you bring him in to play PF when you can just pay $6M to a C+ PF?

Comment

• Guys, come on, Ujiri is not done at PF.

Comment

Kinda sad that Darrell Arthur (good defender) and Kevin Seraphin (good rebounder) are starting to look like good targets.

they have pretty close advanced stats

either would be a decent bench option but im one of the few here that doesn't like the idea of starting Patterson
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X