Andre De Grasse: Usain Bolt take notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre De Grasse: Usain Bolt take notice

In the place dubbed Track Town USA, it was a Canadian who was about to announce himself to the sprinting world.

On a Friday in June, at the NCAA track and field championships in Eugene, Ore., Andre De Grasse, a 20-year-old sprinter from Markham, Ont., representing the University of Southern California was running in the 100- and 200-metre finals.

He won the 100 in a time of 9.75 seconds. For an encore later that evening, he won the 200 in 19.58 seconds. With a tail wind measured over the legal limit, neither time counted for official records. Had they, De Grasse would have logged one of the three fastest 100-metre sprints of the year. Canada would also have a new national record holder, usurping Donovan Bailey and Bruny Surin and their mark of 9.84 seconds.
    Source: http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...rack-and-field

Damn. Will he represent Canada at the 2016 Olympics?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Very cool!

He seems like he's got a fairly unique running style as well, with his right arm really pumping compared to the other guys.

Comment

Wish I had tix to the Pan-Am finals! Slacked on the BMX day too, and that's just in my backyard at Centennial Park.

Comment

This awesome. Track events are my favorite Summer Olympic events. Remember how much fun it was when Donovan Bailey was on top of the world?

Comment

IAAF World Championships are in Aug. in China. Bolt, Gatlin, and De Grasse will hopefully be there for the sprints.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              Wish I had tix to the Pan-Am finals! Slacked on the BMX day too, and that's just in my backyard at Centennial Park.
              Is this guy running at the Pan Am Games?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Is this guy running at the Pan Am Games?
                Yes.

http://athletics.ca/national-team/at....dElfKxDS.dpbs

Click on Men's Alphabetical.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  Touche. Hah Thanks for the link man! Good to see "Race Walking" is still a thing.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                    Touche. Hah Thanks for the link man! Good to see "Race Walking" is still a thing.
                    Beware of white walkers!

Comment

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        Beware of white walkers!
                        Should totally be the team name of the Canadian Race Walking team ... haha Because I assume they're White ... is that racist of me?

Comment

Comment

De Grasse runs in the Canadian Track and Field championship 100m final in Edmonton tonight at 9:55 EST.

Live stream: http://live.athleticscanada.tv/liveactf.html

Comment

And he won going away....those were large margins. If he puts on more muscle (without the peds please)....no telling.

Comment

Working...
                              X