Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Either way my point is that game plan didn't work. Iggy kept getting open pull up jumpers.
    And missed a lot of them. That part of the plan worked fine. Not having a single player who could help ease LeBron's load cost them that series.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• I feel like he's just trolling at this point.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        And missed a lot of them. That part of the plan worked fine. Not having a single player who could help ease LeBron's load cost them that series.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        He made a lot more than he missed. G-state felt very good with that matchup.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Movgov is easily handled by Green so he is a liabilty on D and no benefit on O. Cavs didnt really have anything to stop GSW. JV is much, much better offensively than Movgov whether he is used and can punish Green, who knows? If Raptors get to the Final and lose because JV is slow most people would gladly accept that
          I think JVs style of play would really hurt GS personally.

Warriors had a really hard time with Memphis

Comment

i wouldnt say 52% is "alot more than he missed" its 4% more than he missed.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
              i wouldnt say 52% is "alot more than he missed" its 4% more than he missed.
              Iggy shot well, and it was still a good strategy for Cleveland. Force the ball out of Steph's hands to try and keep him from getting hot. They didn't just do it with Iggy, and so the strategy balanced out pretty well. They crowded Thompson so that he had a hard time getting going and he had a rough series, and it forced other guys to step up and make shots. Green and Barnes shit the bed as shooters in that series (despite Barnes' good 3%, because he proved ineffective in every other scoring situation). Bogut proved a liability offensively because of his limitations as a scorer (and think how much better offensively he is than Biyombo for a second here).

So yeah, Iguodala had a great series, but he didn't get the MVP for his shooting. He got it because if he wasn't there to play D on LeBron, even on a team that could throw Green and Barnes at him as well, then LeBron might have singlehandedly won that series for Cleveland. It's really quite easy to imagine it playing out that way. So he was the Finals MVP despite being the 3rd best player in that series behind LeBron and Curry.

**And again remember to consider how much worse Biyombo is than Bogut offensively (forget D for the moment, but Bogut did anchor their D much of the season), while also thinking how much worse our shooting is, and how much less versatile offensively and defensively all the players we have available to go full on small are.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Dec 1, 2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I found it when I was reading this weeks power rankings. They had a link and it lead to that. Also its from the time that Jv got hurt. So it shows how the team has been playing since his been hurt.
                It doesn't show how the team has been playing since JV got hurt. It shows 17 minutes of 5 guys on the floor - who was sitting on the bench literally doesn't matter at all.

I gave you the same stat for the season as a whole - the same lineup featuring JV instead of Biyombo is considerably better by OffRtg AND DefRtg. Your one week snapshot also had a lineup with a 150+ OffRtg featuring bench players and Carroll. Clearly, we should trade four of the starters and play that lineup moving forward. It shows how they play without JV.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  I think JVs style of play would really hurt GS personally.

Warriors had a really hard time with Memphis
                  Once JV learns to play in the post properly (i.e. score from the post, demand double teams, pass out of the post), that is when he'll become a real threat to any small ball teams. Only way he learns to develop those things is through experience, sadly Casey is an idiot.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    It doesn't show how the team has been playing since JV got hurt. It shows 17 minutes of 5 guys on the floor - who was sitting on the bench literally doesn't matter at all.

I gave you the same stat for the season as a whole - the same lineup featuring JV instead of Biyombo is considerably better by OffRtg AND DefRtg. Your one week snapshot also had a lineup with a 150+ OffRtg featuring bench players and Carroll. Clearly, we should trade four of the starters and play that lineup moving forward. It shows how they play without JV.
                    My point was to show that a offence can be successful enough to win games with BB as a starter. Some had mention that raptors can't close out games with BB in the lineup. So I used stats from the last week that shows thats obviously not true. The KL/Cojo/DD/DC/BB has been the closing unit all week and its been successful against some pretty good teams. it will be interesting to see if it keeps up.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

My point was to show that a offence can be successful enough to win games with BB as a starter. Some had mention that raptors can't close out games with BB in the lineup. So I used stats from the last week that shows thats obviously not true. The KL/Cojo/DD/DC/BB has been the closing unit all week and its been successful against some pretty good teams. it will be interesting to see if it keeps up.
                      Wizards and Suns aren't great especially with Chandler out and Clippers really had no idea how to defend 4 v 5. Cavs with LBJ not taking over isn't great on D. These weren't great games to base anything on. This month there are better teams except Sixers and home games to base things on.
                      Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Comment

I repeat - the offence AND defence have been better with JV + the starters.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I repeat - the offence AND defence have been better with JV + the starters.
                          Give it up, he has been drooling over BB starting since this morning.

Comment

• oh my god this thread is a goddamn disaster zone.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Give it up, he has been drooling over BB starting since this morning.
                              He did also predict that Steimsma would take JVs minutes last year. So really, it's been coming a long time.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                                You can very easily make an argument for Lowry as a top 5 point guard. Only spots 1-3 (Curry, Paul, Westbrook) seem to be written in stone but from 4 to like 11, you won't find agreement on.

What should be taken into account though is top 5 at one position isn't the same for another.
                                Statistically speaking, Lowry is a top three point guard this season since Chris Paul has not been up to his normal level so far.

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Warriors are the ONLY team that can play 5 smalls and not be destroyed inside or at the rim. Thus, they are NBAChamps. Trading JV because of one team who isnt even in the same conference makes no sense.
                                This is a fallacy, if the Warriors can do it means it can work, you just need to be able to have great offensive players and rebounders at every position. I think if you player the Cavs with Lebron at the 4 they'd still be a nightmare.

S.R. wrote: View Post

Biyombo has played great and there is definitely some specific situations where I'd rather have him in the game over JV but I don't think anyone thinks he's an overall better player than JV. Against a team like the Wizards, where their best player is going to drive a lot and we are going to run up and down, I think Biyombo get's a lot of minutes just for the rim protection he brings. Most times though, you want JV for offense.

I will say though that if Biyombo was even just a guy who could be counted on to catch the ball consistently and finish a bunny, there would be a serious question about which of them is a better fit in the current line up.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                I didn't see them struggling to close game with Biyombo than they did with JV, but that's more coaching. If we drew up plays that weren't just iso's with a kick option, Biyombo would be a problem. As it is it is nice to have a guy who just goes to the glass for when we inevitably force up a bad shot.

KHD wrote: View Post
                                oh my god this thread is a goddamn disaster zone.
                                It's fun. At the very least, Biyombo has turned out to be a great pick up.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X